Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 09-24-2006, 09:19 AM   #1
FostersFriend
At Home

Mac & Bloo - Buddies For Life  

Default Cartoon Network City Look Bumpers!

I don't know about you, but I love the city look CN Bumpers. So much detail has gone into them. And I enjoy looking for cartoons in corners etc etc. And the CG is great!!

As A kid I always imagined the cartoons living in a city. CN Has heeded my call, It's great. Do you guys like them aswell?
:bloogrin

Oh and want to watch a few. Heres my collection on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=FostersFriend

Last edited by FostersFriend; 09-24-2006 at 09:20 AM.
FostersFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

They're definitely impressive, probably the best packaging I've seen from any network out there. In recent months in the US (especially in September), however, they've showed less and less cityscape bumpers, and more of the red background stuff (recently, it's more of the red with clouds and droplets. They did release a new garage sale bumper (I think it's a 30 second one) in the format of the city look, featuring different Cartoon Network characters interacting. It tookplace outside of the front of the Foster's mansion. Though I'm not betting on it, hopefully, they will keep showing more city stuff for a while.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+

Last edited by One Radical Dude; 09-24-2006 at 11:35 AM.
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:38 PM   #3
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

It's a shame Cartoon Network never really "expanded" on this idea and make a TV special or episode out of all this. Crossovers are BIG attention getters, even if they are all just characters owned by the same single company. It's worth seeing and I wish they would try an idea like that.

I always liked the "bumper shorts" that involved mixing of the characters like Kaz from Ami Yumi meeting Juniper Lee. Or the Dog from Juniper Lee asking Velma from Scooby Doo and Mandy from Billy and Mandy if they needed anymore sunscreen and stuff like that.

I think they could have a gold mine with stuff like that. My favorite one is easily the most amusing "team ups". It's Raven from Teen Titans and Mandy sitting on a train and just being absolutely quiet and monotone as usual:

Mandy: Nice talking to you.

Raven: Whatever.

I don't even like Billy/Mandy and I can totally appreciate the humor in that.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:27 PM   #4
Voxxyn
Banned

I agree very much with Mr. Marshmellow on this. And I strongly believe that they should bring back the old Fridays format, which had the Cartoon Cartoon stars interacting with one another. I got chills watching those segments when I was younger.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:39 PM   #5
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
I agree very much with Mr. Marshmellow on this. And I strongly believe that they should bring back the old Fridays format, which had the Cartoon Cartoon stars interacting with one another. I got chills watching those segments when I was younger.
That's definitely unlikely. Heck, they probably won't even revert to the previous format where they had the puppets and other segments. Now, it's basically just musical artists (mostly Urban music).

Old 09-25-2006, 06:41 AM   #6
FostersFriend
At Home

Yeah I love these bumpers their awesome. I just love seeing diffrent cartoons interacting with each other. It Awesome :bloogrin

Old 09-25-2006, 06:06 PM   #7
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
That's definitely unlikely. Heck, they probably won't even revert to the previous format where they had the puppets and other segments. Now, it's basically just musical artists (mostly Urban music).
Oh I know it's unlikely, just saying we all know how bad ass that would be if they actually did it.

Frankly I was shocked they did anything of the sort in the first place. Any kind of probing of crossovers is more then likely to raise a few eyebrows.

It's a shame they don't do it because having a single company that owns a variety of cartoon characters is the only legally clean way they could make a decent crossover.

Too many companies, sub-companies and legal crap tape prevent any solid interaction these days. Though brief, these bumpers least gave us a taste.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 06:37 AM   #8
FostersFriend
At Home

Thanks ORD for uploading the hardly seen yard sale bumper on youtube. Thanks! :bloogrin

Old 10-07-2006, 01:25 PM   #9
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I would love a cross-over of all of my fave CN shows (Eds,Foster,B/M,CL,GPAM,SB,etc...). Who are the singers in "Friday's"? Does CN pick people off the street & say "You wanna sing?" these people suck!

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:41 PM   #10
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
I would love a cross-over of all of my fave CN shows (Eds,Foster,B/M,CL,GPAM,SB,etc...). Who are the singers in "Friday's"? Does CN pick people off the street & say "You wanna sing?" these people suck!
If you mean a bumper with crossover of CN characters, they've been doing that. If you mean a crossover movie, eh, I really don't care for crossovers, I'm sorry. And yeah, I know what you mean about the musical artists (though I can't say all of them suck, most I don't care for).