Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander
Default The Worst Voice Acting You've Ever Heard

I'm wondering what some of the worst voice-acting any of you have ever heard is, either in video games or television shows, or any other motives. Here's one of the ones that really horrifies me, especially due to the failure to accurately portray the personality of the characters and....just how pathetic the skills of the voice actors are. I present to you Chaos Wars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtC1SzWSXg
Old 06-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Yep that's pretty bottom of the barrel voice acting right there.

It almost makes me take back all of the nasty things I've said about such awful voice acting from games like

Mega Man 8

Link: The Faces of Evil

Castle Shikigami 2

and

Evil Zone

And yeah, I moved this thread out of spam as it is very conservation worthy and not really spammish at all.

Last edited by taranchula; 06-11-2008 at 08:27 PM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
Nathander

Hairgel!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Yep that's pretty bottom of the barrel voice acting right there.

It almost makes me take back all of the nasty things I've said about such awful voice acting from games like

Mega Man 8
Wow....did they find Elmer Fudd somehow and have him do Dr. Lights' voice for some reason? And while I know Mega Man is sorta supposed to be child-like, did they really need him to sound like he's about to go to kindergarten?

I uncharacteristically forgive the CDi Zelda games for the amount of entertainment they've given me in the form of Youtube Poops.

That was....well....that dialogue was bizarrely awkward...

Quote:
and

Evil Zone
You know....I'm really not sure WHAT to think of that. I didn't think the voice acting was horrendous until we got to the third fight. That game simply sounded like he was so utterly pleased and courteous about killing you in that cutscene.

That said, here's a totally different point: I know want to play this game, if just because it's look intrigued me. For a fighting game, the style seemed AWFULLY cinematic, and I'm wondering how well it actually controls.

Quote:
And yeah, I moved this thread out of spam as it is very conservation worthy and not really spammish at all.
Heh, I don't know. I tend to worry over whether or not a lot of what I put up would count as spam.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #4
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

How could anybody, ANYBODY have forgotten This?

Last edited by Ridureyu; 06-11-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Ridureyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
Nathander

Hairgel!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
I always loved how utterly banal everything Richter and Dracula said to each other in that conversation was. You could tell from the beginning that Dracula simply didn't care.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:16 AM   #6
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post

You know....I'm really not sure WHAT to think of that. I didn't think the voice acting was horrendous until we got to the third fight. That game simply sounded like he was so utterly pleased and courteous about killing you in that cutscene.

That said, here's a totally different point: I know want to play this game, if just because it's look intrigued me. For a fighting game, the style seemed AWFULLY cinematic, and I'm wondering how well it actually controls.
Despite the shaky voice acting, Evil Zone is one of the hidden gems of the original Play Station line up.

It's very easy to pick up and play because like any Super Smash Brothers game, despite the fact that every character has their own move set, every move is pulled off using the same controler motions.

And it has one of the best single player campaigns in any fighting game because as you've just seen in the video the story is set up an interactive anime series, complete with episode titles and previews of "next weeks" episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
[Melllvar from Futurama] I was getting to that, ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! [/Melllvar from Futurama]

And now for something comepletely different...

Here's Shenmue's own Ryo and his quest to find some "sailors"

Last edited by taranchula; 06-12-2008 at 08:17 AM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #7
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Now this is a topic that I can sink my teeth into! Taranchula beat me to the CD-I stuff (but I love the poops that it has bread!). Off the top of my head I can name Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (Tails voice acting was terrible if memory serves) and Castlevania64 (Courage, don't leave me!). I'm sure I'll remember more later.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:26 AM   #8
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Do you know any places where sailors hang out?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:22 PM   #9
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Has anyone heard the Malaysian English dub of Dragonball Z? Ouch. I give them effort for trying to speak English in the dub, but it was an awful dub. You can see clips off of YouTube.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:53 PM   #10
Nathander

Hairgel!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Despite the shaky voice acting, Evil Zone is one of the hidden gems of the original Play Station line up.

It's very easy to pick up and play because like any Super Smash Brothers game, despite the fact that every character has their own move set, every move is pulled off using the same controler motions.

And it has one of the best single player campaigns in any fighting game because as you've just seen in the video the story is set up an interactive anime series, complete with episode titles and previews of "next weeks" episode.
Nice. I'll have to track down a copy and check it out.

It wasn't so much the voice acting that bugged me as it was the terrible dialogue. I like the fact that Ryo's main way of finding his father's killer was to ask about whether or not someone had seen a sailor with a tattoo. That being said, though, Ryo had been oddly cool and unworried about avenging his father.

Case in point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor
Now this is a topic that I can sink my teeth into! Taranchula beat me to the CD-I stuff (but I love the poops that it has bread!). Off the top of my head I can name Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (Tails voice acting was terrible if memory serves) and Castlevania64 (Courage, don't leave me!). I'm sure I'll remember more later.
Speaking of Sonic Adventure 2, it quite possibly had some of the cheesiest song lyrics ever written. Here are a few examples:

EGGMAN
Pumpkin Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude
Has anyone heard the Malaysian English dub of Dragonball Z? Ouch. I give them effort for trying to speak English in the dub, but it was an awful dub. You can see clips off of YouTube.
I'll have to check it out. While we're on the subject, here's the opening to Dragon Ball Z in Canada. You can tell the singers really, REALLY don't care about what they're saying.

As for a new dub I need to show you, behold the terror that is Animal Soccer World:

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four

I'm not sure what's worse: the fact that there are three voice actors tops, the horrible rip off of Disney animation, the looping background music, or the fact that this is somehow a GAME FOR THE PS2.