Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 06-01-2008, 08:39 PM   #1
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander
Default I Need iPod Help

Recently, my iPod has started being unable to turn on. At first I thought it was because it was low on power, but it won't even recharge. I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem/one like it, and what they would suggest doing.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Mine is old and has trouble turning OFF sometimes - the fix for that is to reset it by pressing both the center button and the Menu button and holding until the Apple logo appears.

However your problem may be the battery. My iPod is many years old and the battery has not crapped out on me yet, but I was told when I bought it that it is a common problem for the battery to simply go...bad. If so you need your battery replaced because it will never charge again. You can buy replacement iPod batteries at Best Buy etc and replace it yourself, or take it somewhere to have it done.

Of course, I've also heard that when an older iPod won't turn on, smacking it against your palm may fix it, lol.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
vinny
The real mac.

NO U  

Send a message via MSN to vinny

my G3 i pod did this to, ipods are known for bad batteries. if you dont have a warrenty, pop it apart, check the connection from the battery to the mother board (not hard to find) and if it doesnt work, then your battery is dead. this is very common so dont worry. batteries are about 22-35$. keep in mind you can get different ones that last alot longer and support more bass ( i dont know how that works) but if you have any other problems with apple or ipod stuff let me know : D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Of course, I've also heard that when an older iPod won't turn on, smacking it against your palm may fix it, lol.
iv sure this will fix your hardrive to lol. i wouldnt reccomend this for non-solidstate ipods

Last edited by vinny; 06-02-2008 at 03:15 PM.
vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:29 AM   #4
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

When I purchased my Nano, It died on me and I turned around and took it back to the store. The lady behind the counter pressed the center and menu buttons. I too have heard related stories about faulty batteries.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #5
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

I probably should have commented on this earlier, but a little while after I posted this, a friend of mine showed me the center/menu button trick and it began to work again. Sorry I didn't tell everyone earlier.

Either way, though, thank you to all those who responded to help.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #6
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

My iPod scared me the other day when my computer couldn't see it when I plugged it in. I tried a bunch of things (even tried it on another computer and it still didn't work) before switching cables, and it was fine. It was just the stupid cable.

But my iPod is old. I have to reset it every few days now to make it behave; I'll need a new one before too long.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:43 PM   #7
CrazyPhil
Settling In

Ride 'em cowboy.  

Have you tried restoring it?

I know it's a major pain to put everything back on it, but when mine was acting up, I tried restoring it and it started to work again.

More specifically mine had a habit of suddenly freezing at the syncing screen whenever I hooked it up to the computer.
Eduardo: "I like voting."

HIM-Best.Band.Ever.
CrazyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote