Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #1
emperor26
Foster's Legend

Default Ben 10: Alien Force

Has anyone saw any sneak peeks of this show on Cartoon Network?

So far, the show seem very well-done, the voice casts (which includes Yuri Lowenthal) are great and the plot has caught my interests.

Still, I hope this does well when the one-hour series premieres this Friday.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Is Tara Strong returning to voice Ben? I know Ashley Johnson (Terra from Teen Titans) is doing Gwen.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:59 AM   #3
emperor26
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_fan View Post
Is Tara Strong returning to voice Ben? I know Ashley Johnson (Terra from Teen Titans) is doing Gwen.
Unfortunately, Tara is not part of the cast.

Instead, Yuri Lowenthal will be doing Ben.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:42 PM   #4
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I am really curious about this show. While I think the concept looks amazing and the new aliens have very impressive designs, I'm very concerned about this. The change in voice actors is certainly upsetting and from what I saw of the clips, Kevin 11's "new ability" looks completely stupid and a bland compared to the super bad ass freak form he had in the prior series.

I'm also concerned if they are going to keep the old alien forms or make up some excuse for the omnitrix to "clean house" and forget about all previous alien forms for the new ones. Same thing goes with their enemies, we will we see more villains return besides Kevin 11, and will they be done BETTER then Kevin 11? I at first was super psyched for this show.

But now I am kind of having my doubts and trying to be hopeful this show surpasses my judgments and proves me wrong.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:47 PM   #5
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Frankie encourages you to READ!  

I watched about half of the premiere tonight, and wasn't too impressed.

Compared to Foster's, the voice actors are much too bland, without any emotion, and the "humor" in their lines sounded forced. Furthermore, the battles (I saw two), which seems to me like a big part of the show, were too formulaic (girl gets caught in sticky situation, Ben morphs to save the day), and after Ben becomes alien, the battle becomes way too easy for the heroes. Bo-ooooooring. Maybe this series gets better...
Old 04-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #6
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Its actually a lot better over the original series in a vast number of ways, yet the small number of ways they botched it are kind of REALLY severe so it sadly doesn't really balance out effectively. The show keeps forgetting to explain things and these changes that don't go unnoticed but always go unexplained.

Check my post in the "TV show watched" thread for how I felt about Kevin 11, I don't have the stomach to bring up that god awful character abomination again. These aliens look cool and they definitely have some interesting powers, but I think they lack the charm and memorable quality the previous aliens had.

Plus, for some freaking stupid reason, Ben automatically shouts the name of the new alien he turns into. He always made up names AFTER he changed into them, now it makes it look more automatic and less plausible. I really hope Alien force is a not CN's way of saying "Ben 10 the first series is over and done with".

Because I honestly cannot see this show becoming a sure fire hit, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a few anti-Alien force websites were to sprout up in the near future. Granted its only been the first episode, I have a feeling more fans will be upset with this new series rather than super pleased.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 04-18-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #7
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Because I honestly cannot see this show becoming a sure fire hit, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a few anti-Alien force websites were to sprout up in the near future. Granted its only been the first episode, I have a feeling more fans will be upset with this new series rather than super pleased.
Hopefully it won't be as bad as the backlash from some people when Beast Wars became Beast Machines, I mean there were death threats directed at some of the creative staff for crying out loud.

Whether you're a fan of the series or not, it's still kind of embarrassing to hear about stuff like that.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote