Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky
Default DVD Aficianado

DVD Aficianado

So after finding LibraryThing so handy for creating a database of all the books I own, I'd been looking for a similar site to catalogue my DVDs on. MovieTome wasn't working well because one, they only have movies in their database and two, they don't have any obscure foriegn DVDs in their database. TV shows and foriegn horror makes up a large chunk of my DVD collection, so that was no good.

Anyways I found DVD Aficianado yesterday and wanted to post about it in case anyone else is interested in signing up (normal membership is free). Here is my collection. (Some of those technically belong to GM but we mix our DVDs up and watch eachother's so I just plugged in some of his if they were ones I like.)
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
emperor26
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
DVD Aficianado

So after finding LibraryThing so handy for creating a database of all the books I own, I'd been looking for a similar site to catalogue my DVDs on. MovieTome wasn't working well because one, they only have movies in their database and two, they don't have any obscure foriegn DVDs in their database. TV shows and foriegn horror makes up a large chunk of my DVD collection, so that was no good.

Anyways I found DVD Aficianado yesterday and wanted to post about it in case anyone else is interested in signing up (normal membership is free). Here is my collection. (Some of those technically belong to GM but we mix our DVDs up and watch eachother's so I just plugged in some of his if they were ones I like.)
You got some great DVDs in your collection, Sparky.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:00 PM   #3
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

You know to be honest I thought this website was pretty stupid and a pointless kind of DVD knock off of facebook or something like that.

However as I made my own account, i found adding more and more movies and DVDs to my list to become a rather addicting experience. Needless to say I don't find it stupid or pointless anymore .

Here is my own DVD collection: http://nukem999.dvdaf.com/owned
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:31 PM   #4
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Awsome.

And at first I thought if they were missing a DVD in their database that you had in your collection you were out of luck, but I found where you can enter them in. I got one approved already and am waiting on four more, but then my collection listing will be accurate.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Awsome.

And at first I thought if they were missing a DVD in their database that you had in your collection you were out of luck, but I found where you can enter them in. I got one approved already and am waiting on four more, but then my collection listing will be accurate.
How do you mean? Because some of my anime DVDs are bootlegs and I wasn't sure how you could enter those into the list so I just added the single normal DVDs they do come out in instead.

I didn't think bootlegs would count or even if I could put them in or not.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:16 PM   #6
Sparky

WEEEeeelll...

I have several Asian horror bootlegs myself, they are copies of either the Hong Kong releases or occasionally British ones that never made it over here. But in those cases the "original" non-bootleg ones were in the system already and I used those for my collection. If you have rips of say HK releases, try to find the info for the real HK DVDs somewhere online (like Amazon) and enter that in. Now, I have one DVD that I think was made from Japanese VHS, I don't think the series ever went to DVD, so I'm not going to enter that one. They do ask for UPC codes on the Enter form, which you probably won't have for a bootleg (mine don't have them). Like I said I didn't have to enter those but I did want to enter in #5 of a series of volumes for which I do have 1-4, so my entry for #5 didn't include the UPC. The request hasn't been processed yet so I don't know if it will be accepted or not.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

Here's my list there we're a few that didn't show up (mostly anime bootlegs) I'm too lazy to submit them XD But yep, that my current collection! I still need to get my paws on HP5 and PotC3 =3
Old 07-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #8
Kootiebirdo
Settling In

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti!  

Wellllllll... Here's my DVD list for everyone to see. I'd probably be able to get more if only I had more shelf space!
Kootiebirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:24 PM   #9
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

I think I already posted this before but since I've been updating my list quite a bit lately, I thought I'd give it another shot.

Here's my DVD list I never thought this website would be this much fun to use, or this fun to show off.

http://nukem999.dvdaf.com/owned

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 07-14-2008 at 10:25 PM.