Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Art Forum

Notices

Fan-Art Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related artwork here.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
rossfellow
Settling In

Default Manga inspired Foster's art

First post!

Just sharing a few stuff I did for Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends.

It's a date.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/Kyudo/date0.jpg

(Contains Frankie and Mac "going on a date" - Sparky)

Goo charsheet

Louise charsheet

The charsheets are actually meant for a doujinshi I've written, Friend Liberation Front.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 10-20-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: thanks, added a description to link
rossfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I absolutely love that drawing of Frankie, Rossfellow! Your work is just gorgeous.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:48 AM   #3
FamoKrishina
Newly Abandoned

Wow, those are nice! I especially love the first one - I like how you drew Frankie. ^^
FamoKrishina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:28 AM   #4
rossfellow
Settling In

Personally, Mac's suit was the fun part in drawing the first pic.

Still cant come up with a good name for the Foster's doujinshi. Friend Liberation Front, maybe?
rossfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #5
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Sorry, but I need you to re-read the Fanart posting rules, esp, this paragraph:

Quote:
Originally Posted by da rules
If the artwork involves any pairings or is sexually suggestive in any way, even if only mildly (pregnancy suggests sex, for example) I need you to post a LINK, not the picture itself, and clearly state what the picture contains in the first post. No exceptions. Please don't be offended by this rule - some people prefer not to see certain parings, for example, and it is unfair to "force" them to.
You may post the Frankie-on-a-date-with-Mac pic, but only as a LINK, please. Thanks.

edit: Thanks for posting the link; next time remember to put a description of what's behind the link though so people know whether or not they want to click it.
They are beautiful drawings. Your lineart is so clean! I'm still trying to learn to do that, I got Photoshop in November.

Last edited by Sparky; 01-02-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Wow, this is great! You draw them in a manga style so well!
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #7
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Is that Cheese holding a knife? If so, you get bonus in-joke points for watching Azumanga Daioh. Well, it cracked ME up, at least.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #8
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Just as a point of order, does the pairing rule apply if the pairing actually happened in an episode? Which this one very nearly did, at least in Mac's head but certainly not Frankie's. An even better example is Jackie Khones and Fluffer Nutter in 'The Little Peas'.

Anyway this art is very professional and Mac does indeed look very nice all dressed up. Personally I find the Manga style rather cold and lifeless compared to the default style of Fosters. I'd happily see more of this though...

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #9
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
Just as a point of order, does the pairing rule apply if the pairing actually happened in an episode? Which this one very nearly did, at least in Mac's head but certainly not Frankie's. An even better example is Jackie Khones and Fluffer Nutter in 'The Little Peas'.
*sigh* I don't know, the whole thing gives me a headache. All I know is some people flip the hell out if there's art/fic/avatars/sigs/whatever containing a pairing on here. I didn't care but some of my staff did so we made this rule. Jackie/Fluffer didn't exist when we made the rule, so an actual canon pairing is a "new" concept on this particular show. So really, I don't know. Those of my staff for whom it is an issue will have to let me know if canon pairings should be allowed or not, as again its not something I pay a lot of attention to. (Well, *sometimes* I do, don't want to over-generallise.) I just knew I had to pull rank and do something about a FrankiexMac pairing-type picture before I got a flood of complaints.

Please, if anyone has anything further on this subject, move it elsewhere (PM, the Kiosk, somewhere). It's not fair to do it in someone's art thread.

Last edited by Sparky; 01-02-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #10
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Wow, these are amazing, Rossfellow! I always like seeing the characters drawn in a different style. It's neat seeing Louise in a different light, too. And the Frankie and Mac one is adorible. I personally don't see anything even "romantic" about it, but if it weren't for the rules, this wouldn't be as nice a place as it is. So it's certainly nothing personal. Thank you for sharing your great work!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote