Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 08-23-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie
Red face Just being Camera Happy!

As many of you know already, I have gotten a new computer. I cannot express how excited I am to have it. Compared to my old one, well, there's just no comparison. It's so fast! And new! And compatible with more programs! And beautiful! And wonderful! Ok, enough of that...

Among the programs it's compatible with is my digital camera software and driver. I installed it today, and what d'ya know! It works!!! So I decided to have some fun and take pictures so I can share them.

Here's my new computer! It's an IBM Thinkpad T41. It's sitting on top of my old computer, a Thinkpad 600E (which is now folded up). You have no idea how much I love this thing!! And, ack, you can see my old couch, lol!

My desktop. I like this wallpaper, it's so artistic. I'm sure some of you have seen it before, huh? Heh heh...

This is my Bloo Hoodie, which I got from the CN online store last year. It's draped over my sewing chair in my bedroom. And it's directly across from the door into my room from the hallway. So as soon as I walk into my room, there's little Bloo, grinning at me. He's the second one to welcome me home every day (my cat is the first), he's so sweet, lol. He also glows in the dark, so after I go to bed, he's my little night light until I fall asleep.

This is my closet door. And the wonderful Foster's poster on it. I bought it hmmm.... almost a year ago now. It's a thick paper, almost a cardboard, and after having been stored for over a year in a poster tube (before my buying it), it still wants to roll. I had to wrap the tape all the way around my closet door to keep it flat. You can kind of see it's still wanting to curl up, though. Any suggestions on how to flatten it without ruining it?

I FINALLY got to the mall, and this is what I got while there! The brown paddle-ball Bloo shirt, the black waffle weave "Icy Chill" thermal top, the colorful hoodie (it's behind the two shirts, since we've already seen pics of it, but you can see the hood at the top), and the Bloo and Cheese lapel pins. I plan to put my lapel pins on my camel-back pack which I use when hiking. It's a boring blah black, and I've been personalizing and decorating it with pins. It's about time I have some Foster's ones to put on it. Ugh, they're on my bed, and it looks like a mess. Ok, yeah, maybe it is. But the fact is, I propped the blankets up more with pillows so I could get a better shot of the tops from an angle.

This is a drawing my sister did for me, which I have magneted onto my fridge. It would have been better with a scanner, but I don't have one of my own (yet), so this'll have to do. Bloo and Mac are both wearing jet packs. If you can't read what it says, Mac's saying "HELP! Bloo! What are you doing?" Bloo's saying "I will rule the World! Muwahahaha!" Ed's saying "I still like potatoes". Wilt is saying "Nice Jet Packs!" (Yeah, his bad eye is on the wrong side, but she doesn't know any better) And Coco is saying, and I quote, "Coco Coco Coco Coco". LOL! Yeah, really random, my sis is silly (there's a toungue twister!), and I love her. She's done a few others, too. Maybe I'll share them sometime as well.

And lastly, one of my other hobbies is dolls. Same goes for cartoons- You're never too old to play with toys! I'm a member of some clubs for adult doll collectors, and yeah, some might be surprised, there's a lot of them out there. It's fun collecting miniature things for them (like the little sofa, little toys, little kitchen utensils, little radio that you can barely see there at the bottom of the picture). It's also lots of fun making clothes for them, and then dressing them and styling their hair. Yeah, it's definately a "girl" thing though. Anyway, Hadassah is reading a fun story to her baby brother Preston, who is sitting on Fayelyn's lap. They all seem to be enjoying the book.

So, there you have it. Pics from Lynnie, because Lynnie is so happy and excited she couldn't help but take pictures so she can share them.

Last edited by Lynnie; 08-23-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:30 PM   #2
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I know what its like to *finally* get a computer that will run modern programs. I went to college with a Commodore 64 and later an Apple IIe (this was in the 90's). I even tried to turn in essays printed on a dot-matrix printer and was told they wouldn't be accepted, lol...Then my brother gave me his old PC with Windows 3.11 on it in my last year. It took ages for me to progress to a modern computer from there.

Having a "sewing chair" in your bedroom earns respect from me. Says the person who just gave her computer desk to her knitting machine...

Your Bloo hoodie glows? Is it a Youth size? I have an Adult one and it doesn't glow.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Yeah, Bloo glows. His eyes don't though. So it's kind of strange seeing him glowing because he has these two black "holes" in his face, haha. Poor Bloo. Yup, it's an Adult size. That's odd that mine glows but yours doesn't.

I like to sew, although I haven't really done any for a while. But every now and then inspiration will hit me and I'll sew a bunch of stuff within only a few days (usually doll stuff, or small crafts like throw pillows and table cloths). I crochette some, too.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:11 AM   #4
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
So, there you have it. Pics from Lynnie, because Lynnie is so happy and excited she couldn't help but take pictures so she can share them.
And we're awfully happy that you did. Bravisimo on all counts!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:16 AM   #5
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Thanks for the pics, Lynnie! I had now idea that a lot of those items existed.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:36 PM   #6
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Thanks guys, and you're welcome. I like seeing pictures, so I just thought I'd share some with everyone else. I thought it was pretty cool to see "my" poster on the wall at the CN Studios during the Fried Dynamite ad. Looks like theirs is slimmer, though. And certainly not trying to roll up like mine is.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #7
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

to un-curl most posters lay them on a hard flat surface and put a lot of weight spread evenly over them (heavy, big books do just fine). Leave it there for a while. Takes most of the curl out.

try doing that with a 3x5 foot Absinthe Robette poster
Old 08-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #8
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

I tried that, actually. I had it on my floor with two dining room chairs (on their sides) on it for a whole week after I got it. It didn't seem to help much. It's a thick paper, almost a cardboard. I thought about steaming it in my bathroom, or maybe a low setting with an iron, but I'm afraid the moisture would ruin it. I finally just put it up as it was. I had to wrap the tape all the way around the door because if it wasn't, the poster would roll and lift the tape right off. Ah well... It looks tacky, but it works.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:14 AM   #9
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
I tried that, actually. I had it on my floor with two dining room chairs (on their sides) on it for a whole week after I got it. It didn't seem to help much. It's a thick paper, almost a cardboard. I thought about steaming it in my bathroom, or maybe a low setting with an iron, but I'm afraid the moisture would ruin it. I finally just put it up as it was. I had to wrap the tape all the way around the door because if it wasn't, the poster would roll and lift the tape right off. Ah well... It looks tacky, but it works.
hmm...sometimes trying to roll it up the other way can help, although sometimes you'll put creases in it inadvertantly. Its a two-person job.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:47 AM   #10
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Wonderful collection there, Lynnie - thanks for sharing. And I can sympathise with your poster woes. I once kept a poster in a tube for less than a month and from then on could never quite curb its compulsion to roll itself back up into that position, even after days of keeping it sandwiched between two hard flat surfaces. Keeping it taped up for several months might eventually persuade it to assume its natural shape.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote