Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 08-14-2007, 09:10 AM   #1
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Default By Bye Bill of Rights

MANSFIELD ? ?Pull ?em up or pay up.?

That?s Police Chief Don English?s interpretation of a new law that takes effect in Mansfield on Sept. 15

Anyone caught wearing sagging pants who exposes his or her underwear will be subject to a fine of up to $150 plus court costs, or face up to 15 days in jail.

Mansfield aldermen voted unanimously at today?s 4:30 p.m. meeting to enact the new law.

The law makes it illegal to found in a ?state of nudity, or partial nudity, or in any indecent exposure of his or her person or undergarments, or be guilty of any indecent or lewd behavior.?

City attorney Richard Z. Johnson Jr. said he used a similar law in Delcambre as a guideline in creating Mansfield?s ordinance. Several municipalities and parish governments in Louisiana have enacted similar laws in recent months.

so basically while we have major infrigements to our Bill of Rights going down in Washington we have to worry about idiots like this are bugging us on a small-town level.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:12 AM   #2
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

All of the proposals in Louisiana have been struck down and repealed due to their unconstitutional nature. While I personally can't stand to see "bagging and sagging", and I understand that somewhere you have to draw the line for decency, I still have problems with someone imposing their opinions on how I should dress. I know that in many places, there are people who don't believe women should be allowed to wear pants or slacks or jeans or whatever you want to call 'em, and I sure don't want someone like that determining how I should dress!

We are facing similar attacks on the Constitution's Fourth Ammendment here, with the laws now aimed at stopping dogfighting, and every politician aiming to cash in on the Michael Vick case. One local politician wants to limit the number of "pit bulls"(meaning any short-haired muscular dog, regardless of breed), and require random property searches by law enforcement of any person who is known to have at least one "pit bull"-no warrant, no probably cause, anytime day or night, whether the property owner is home or not. Federal bills on the agenda would allow law enforcement to stop ANY person believed to be transporting a dog or dogs, so that their vehicle can be searched for evidence of "dogfighting", and a bill sponsored by John Kerry and Barbara Boxer would permit ANYONE who is caught transporting a "pit bull" across state lines to be arrested, and all their property seized, since merely having a dog of that type is seen as evidence that you are fighting dogs!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Okay. This is ridiculous. Now the government's trying to tell us how to dress. Lovely
Old 08-14-2007, 12:10 PM   #4
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Hope for humanity has been gone for a looooong time.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:14 PM   #5
floppynoodleson666
Newly Abandoned

what does everyone think of "the new world order"?
do you think it's BS or have the recent losses of freedoms made some of you think something is up? just wondering.
floppynoodleson666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:56 PM   #6
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

ok now im just waiting for the offical announcement of the BOR being deemed unconstutional. because honestly thats what it sounds like nowadays.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:44 PM   #7
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

*Le sigh*... Oh boy, I can't wait until they do this in MY town... and seriously, my town is the kind of "Big Brother knows what's best" town to do it, too.

So what constitutes as showing your undies? Sometimes I wear a skirt and when I wear fishnet pantyhose with it, I wear fun garters that show. Would I be fined?? I mean, they're pretty common anyways and it's not like I'm stripping in the middle of the grocery store.

Last edited by scary_dream; 08-14-2007 at 06:46 PM.
scary_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:28 PM   #8
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
*Le sigh*... Oh boy, I can't wait until they do this in MY town... and seriously, my town is the kind of "Big Brother knows what's best" town to do it, too.

So what constitutes as showing your undies? Sometimes I wear a skirt and when I wear fishnet pantyhose with it, I wear fun garters that show. Would I be fined?? I mean, they're pretty common anyways and it's not like I'm stripping in the middle of the grocery store.
hmmm...send me pictures and i'll let you know if its decent or not
Old 08-14-2007, 08:04 PM   #9
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

^lol, btw. Boys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
So what constitutes as showing your undies?
Good question. What about the low-rider jeans that are fashionable for women right now? (although, I think they're starting to go out) When they bend over or squat down to pick something up off the floor, everyone behind them catches a glimpse of their underwear, or, uh, not. Again, I think that style is going out, and it's not hard to see why.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:08 PM   #10
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
^lol, btw. Boys...
couldn't help meself, LOL