Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:47 PM   #1
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Default The Official Wilt Appreciation Thread

Well, Frankie has one for her fanboys, so I figured, "what the heck, why not create one for the Tall Red One?" So, ladies, here it is; this is where those of us who truely believe that the Ultimate Male wears a big blue number "1" on his chest, and can mow grass like nobody's business! This is the place to come if you absolutely adore the Wilt-Man, and want to let all the world know why! General Wilt discussions, like why he did something on a show, can still be in the old Wilt thread; this one is primarily for extolling his many virtues. Guys, along with gals who do not really consider themselves "fangirls", are free to post here, too, just as long as they respect him and his legion of devoted fangirls. Please keep topics clean, y'all, and all forum rules apply, including discussions of pairings.

Why do I appreciate Wilt so much? What's NOT to appreciate? I mean, if I could sit down and design the Perfect Guy, personality-wise and talent-wise, I couldn't come up with anything to improve on him, honestly. Let's hear your reasons, ladies-don't be shy!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #2
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Wilt means a LOT to me, and if anything, I think it's made rather obvious when I talk about someone I care about, like a friend or relative. I don't think of the person's ACTUAL name, the name that immediatly comes to mind start's with a 'W' and ends with an 'Ilt'. I'm not crushing by any means, but I love him to pieces. I even loved him more than I did my boyfriend (well yeah, I broke up with the guy after about a day or two). I adore every part of him from the tips of his toes to the lid of his eyes and everything else in between especially those legs and that dashing smile.

I beleive he is the first cartoon character I have EVER had the pleasure of knowing (and beleive me, if you've been watching Cartoon Network since you were four years old then that is a LOT of characters) to be the way he is; Sweet, kind hearted and the complete opposite of self absorbed. I love all his bad points too, because that's what makes him the greatest guy EVER: From his hopeless apologizing to his adorable stage fright and to be quite honest I don't think his lack of limb as a bad point at all. Wilt just wouldn't be the same otherwise, though it WAS nice to see his younger self back when he lived with Jordan in the hood (I love that term XD In the hood. I could say it for hours if it weren't currently the middle of the night over here in Great Britain)

So yeah, I loves him vewy much.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #3
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I did *not* want the word "fangirl" in the title of the thread so I took it out. We don't want to exclude guys or people who don't categorise themselves as "fangirls" per se.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:23 PM   #4
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
Wilt means a LOT to me, and if anything, I think it's made rather obvious when I talk about someone I care about, like a friend or relative. I don't think of the person's ACTUAL name, the name that immediatly comes to mind start's with a 'W' and ends with an 'Ilt'. I'm not crushing by any means, but I love him to pieces. I even loved him more than I did my boyfriend (well yeah, I broke up with the guy after about a day or two). I adore every part of him from the tips of his toes to the lid of his eyes and everything else in between especially those legs and that dashing smile.

I beleive he is the first cartoon character I have EVER had the pleasure of knowing (and beleive me, if you've been watching Cartoon Network since you were four years old then that is a LOT of characters) to be the way he is; Sweet, kind hearted and the complete opposite of self absorbed. I love all his bad points too, because that's what makes him the greatest guy EVER: From his hopeless apologizing to his adorable stage fright and to be quite honest I don't think his lack of limb as a bad point at all. Wilt just wouldn't be the same otherwise, though it WAS nice to see his younger self back when he lived with Jordan in the hood (I love that term XD In the hood. I could say it for hours if it weren't currently the middle of the night over here in Great Britain)

So yeah, I loves him vewy much.
I wouldn't consider MY feelings toward Wilt to be a "crush", either, since a crush implies something VERY brief and temporary, usually based mainly on physical looks. Behavior-wise, it's very easy to see how anyone could at least be very fond of Wilt, but I honestly cannot explain why I also find him attractive. I mean, 10 years ago, if someone had asked me to describe, in terms of LOOKS, what I considered to be a really attractive guy, I SERIOUSLY doubt that I would have thought of anyone who was 10 feet tall, had bright red skin, was missing an arm and blind in one eye, and had eyes up on stalks on top of his head! I don't know if the personality just does such a great job of overshadowing everything else, or what, but I still find him to be handsome! Wilt is probably the only case where I really cannot logically explain why I feel a certain way towards something/someone.

pitbulllady
Old 05-07-2007, 06:39 PM   #5
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I mean, 10 years ago, if someone had asked me to describe, in terms of LOOKS, what I considered to be a really attractive guy, I SERIOUSLY doubt that I would have thought of anyone who was 10 feet tall, had bright red skin, was missing an arm and blind in one eye, and had eyes up on stalks on top of his head!
I can't believe you forgot his cute little lobes on his head. XD

Now, let's start on HOW THE HECK did I ever learn about who this Tall Red Dude whose height is mostly made up by his long stick legs =

I have been a fan of Wilt since I first saw his promotional AD on TV on July 2005 ("That guy is TALL.", anyone remember those ADs?) and I was like "Oh I GOTTA find out what this is" and back then, the website for Foster's was pretty basic, y'know, with white background, the logo in the middle, the 5 main characters appeared in small circles the "orbited" the logo, and if you clicked on a character, he/she (for Coco) would just walk in from the distance, as if the background was fog? I had watched the character clips over and over again as the characters' circle thingies appeared in the website when the characters were introduced in the ADs. And when I finally saw the pilot, and Wilt was appearing, I COULD NOT hold back a squeal for the fact that the soon-to-be the NEXT BEST ROLE-MODEL EVER was finally getting his intro. Reading his description I was like "Whoa."

What I DID NOT see coming was how low his voice was. Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect it to be high-pitched, but y'know, like a standard low voice. What came to mind was "Whoa, his voice actor must be nuts."

But as I got more used to this...character who is called an imaginary friend named "Wilt" (Which I rarely stress the "T" in the name regularly, I make it sound like a "D". XD), I got more interested in him, noticing how nice he truly was (And wasn't mentioned in his first description, the staff said he was HELPFUL, but didn't say he was NICE, but we learned that he was by watching the show) and I came to the conclusion that he was a little naive as well. Not stupid, but naive.

I'm glad his appearance isn't based off of Tiny Tim in some way. People would love a character that, like the rest, would stand out from the crowd. Like Bloo is blue and small and admitedly adorable, Coco is a mix of things her creator went through/saw, Eduardo is the big purple monster who is a softy on the inside, so here's Wilt, who is the tall red dude who was made to coach his creator in the ways of Basketball. Basket-Paul anyone? At least he CAN play it! XD

With no cheating allowed, Foul Larry's out of Wilt's league, basketball-wise. 'Nuff said.

Doi...now that you think about it, you people have no clue how much we have in common...
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:28 PM   #6
FailedShapeshifter
Settling In
Computers hate me ^_^  

I honestly wish my reasons were as deep and well thought out as all of yours....but I guess I'm really just not that deep. When I saw the Piolt episode I decided right off the bat that he would be the favorite character. Not because he was sweet and polite (though that did help), he hadn't even said anything yet. Nope, nothing like that. It was because he was tall, plain and simple. I don't know why, but I've always found myself drawn to the taller characters, and I tend to become a diehard fangirl. I love Jack Skellington, and I believe the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz is the tallest of the group (especially if you go by the musical Wicked).....It's just.....I like tall guys. It could be because I'm a sixteen year old girl and I'm 5'11, but we are not going to get into that right now......

Now, before you think me shallow and brainless, know that the reason that I love Wilt now is not for the height, though I have to admit it does help. It's his personality that makes me idolize him, I believe. I'm increadibly old-fashioned (I know that sounds really weird coming from a teenager) and I really admire the chivarly He is basically every girls dream guy. I would absolutely love to have a guy be so sincere and kind to everyone, even the likes of me! People are so cruel these days that seeing people like Wilt is becoming a rarity. All that said.....the fact that he's so good looking doesn't hurt either.......

Now that I'm done with all that, I must say I'm increadibly embarassed and will probably go back and edit this to no end later.......
FailedShapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:05 AM   #7
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I never even watched Cartoon Network prior to Foster's, and I didn't start watching IT until after the second season was well underway. I started watching it specifically because of Wilt, and all I'd seen of him had been fanart on Deviant Art. Something about his looks, his design, caught my eye and intrigued me, even though I'd never heard his voice, never seen him move, and had no idea how he acted. Once I'd actually watched the show(I think the first re-run I caught was "Partying Is Such Sweet Soiree"), I was a total goner, taken in hook, line and sinker! I STILL cannot explain, though, what it is specifically about Wilt's looks that I find so handsome, but at least I can take solace that I'm not the only one! As for his behavior, I think it appeals to some deep female instinct to find a male that is caring, compassionate, knows when to be gentle and when to be firm, and extremely versitile to boot. Some ancient part of our brains is hard-wired to think, "Now THIS would be a great provider for me and my family, a protector when need be, and not a threat to me in any way." I grew up with two men who were like that, my father and grandfather, so I guess I'm more than a little "spoiled" when it comes to a man meeting my high expectations-unfair of me, I must say, but I can't help it. Wilt is the closest thing I've seen to meeting my expectations, so it's really a shame that he's an animated character. There aren't many people who can do all the things he does, and THEY have both arms and both eyes still. That's one of the reasons why I believe that Jordan was subconciously creating not just a friend who'd help him with his game, but a father figure, since Wilt does all those things that dads used to take care of, from car engine repair to lawn care to house cleaning. I don't think that Wilt is naive at all, but due to his obsession with not upsetting someone else, he'll take a back seat and just sort of keep what he knows to himself. A good case in point is in "Foster's Goes To Europe", when Bloo was "coaching" everyone on how to speak "French". Wilt obviously KNEW that wasn't French, and it wouldn't surprise me if HE couldn't actually speak a few words of French himself, but rather than just say, "Hey, Bloo-NO WAY that's French", he took a different approach, and decided that the point wasn't worth arguing over.

pitbulllady
Old 05-26-2007, 02:39 PM   #8
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

I don't know what, but like PBL something drew me to Wilt even before I watched the show, saw his personality, or heard his voice. I saw a picture of him and I was like "Whoa! He looks awesome!!" and the funny part is that I was so preoccupied with how cheerful and bright he looked, I didn't even notice he was missing an arm or had a wonky eye until I stared at it for a good, long while. After that, I guess you could say Wilt is one of the main reasons I started watching Foster's. I liked Cartoon Network, but I hadn't got a chance to watch Foster's and see how good it really is, but after I saw Wilt, I became briefly infatuated with finding anything and everything out about him because he was such an interesting character. The first time I ever watched Foster's, I was thinking "FIND OUT ALL I CAN ABOUT THAT GUY!!!" I searched on the internet in about every corner I could think to look (occasionally finding some of PBLs thoughts and theories, which were HUGELY helpful in my understanding of him), and finally happening upon NF. I've been here for almost a year now, but I'd watched Foster's for a good while before that... it just took me a while to find this place and not the old forum and then work up the nerve to introduce myself.

After joining here, I found out it was ok to be so passionate about something (in my quest to find out more about "that tall red guy", I grew to LOVE the entire show), and that it wasn't psychotic to actually look up to a character like Wilt as a role model. He's an inspiration to me, and I've mentioned before that I seriously need a bracelet that says "W.W.W.D?" because I think that all the time, and I'm happy about that because it's made me a better person, I think. Not to mention, his athleticism has inspired me yet again to improve myself, and I've become more active and have lost 15 lbs because of it!

Ahhh, Wilt. If only he knew how much we love him.

Last edited by scary_dream; 05-26-2007 at 02:42 PM.
scary_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:09 AM   #9
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

So, I'm not the only one who desires a W.W.W.D? T-shirt. Seriously, like Scary Dream, I think that all the time.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #10
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
So, I'm not the only one who desires a W.W.W.D? T-shirt. Seriously, like Scary Dream, I think that all the time.
I've *thought* about making a WWWD logo for the Cafepress shop...if someone wants to design a neat stylised one that would be cool. But not so stylised that it's like, girly or whatnot. (Remember that it needs to be a big image, at least 2000 pixels wide, to look best once printed on products.)

Maybe put like a basketball somewhere in there, and/or a red-white-and-blue wristband hanging off one of the letters. See how sneaky we are about copyright.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote