Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 05-06-2007, 01:39 AM   #1
FostersFriend
At Home

Mac & Bloo - Buddies For Life  

Default Burning Foster's Eps onto DVD

Hi all!

I have been wondering is there some magic dvd burner out there?

I have been busy all week trying to burn Foster's eps onto a dvd-rw disk. First I tried Nero Express as a data dvd, which worked infact it looked brilliant on screen, except for one problem no sound. So I tried the old 'converting' into a dvd file with WinAvi but of course with every trial version comes an annoyingly obvious message in the middle of the screen telling you to buy the full version.

I've tried TMPGEnc which can't even convert my file due to it being an "unsupported" file. And Fox Video Converter which can only convert 5 minutes of the video and then tells you the obvious "Buy the full version for only...."

So i've come to the Foster's community itself and ask is there some dvd burner or special FREE converting program to use to finally add all 45 of my foster's episodes to disk? I hardly know if this has been asked before and if it has please direct me to the right place.

Thanks all in advance.

Last edited by FostersFriend; 05-06-2007 at 01:40 AM.
FostersFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:19 PM   #2
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Are you trying to burn them as data DVDs (like you do with saving data on CDs), or are you trying to burn the discs to have them playable on home DVD players? If you're trying to do the latter, then you're better off browsing other websites for this.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Yeah so far I've only used programs I bought to burn DVDs. I prefer WinDVD, my current version cost me about $80, I think. I don't know of any free ones, personally. They might exist, or you might pirate one, though it'd probably be best not to talk about that here.

(I assume you were only talking about the software, not an actual DVD burning drive. I think every computer made past 2005 or so comes with a DVD burn drive whether you want one or not.)
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:04 AM   #4
FostersFriend
At Home

Mac & Bloo - Buddies For Life  

Thanks you two for the reply, I got it all sorted I got a program today called "Ultra DVD Creator" which is able to convert my Foster's eps into vob files which I can then burn (thanks to the program) onto disk. They work fine on tv, so thanks all.

FostersFriend is offline   Reply With Quote