Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:56 AM   #1
Dragonrider1227
At Home

Major Frankie fan  

Madame Foster's awesome!

[center]
Dragonrider1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #2
NeverToo
Banned

"Hello Magic"  

Cool "Cool Madame Foster"

I just love Madame Foster and besides she's one of the great characters in Foster's Home for Imanginary Friends and I can't believe when she was very very very very young, her Imaginary friend was Mr. Herriman and that makes it a great thing about Madame Foster.

"Go Madame Foster"
NeverToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
Cell_Phone_guy
Settling In

Maybe it's just me, but I can imagine Madame Foster going bungee jumping. That doesn't seem too much of a stretch for her for some reason. Agree/disagree?
Cell_Phone_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Ah hahaha!! I can totally picture Madame F bungee jumping! We already know she has a wild side, with Batty Madame. I can picture her trying to talk Mr. H into doing it too, but he can't bring himself to do it. She jumps with an excited howl, and once the springing up and down shallows, she laughs and whoops in an adrenaline rush. And then whenever she remembers it, she whoops again. And of course she never lets him live that down!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:14 PM   #5
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

While posting in the Frankie thread, I started wondering something. How exactly did Madame F get acquire the title "Madame"? I think we all know what the title usually refers to, and we know just as well that that's not how she got the title. There's also the title "Madame of the house", which is where I see her getting the title. But when do you think she was first referred to that? Mr. H calls her simply "Madame", and I wonder if she had him call her that since her childhood. Or maybe he started calling her that once she started her charity and the IFs in her care are who came up with the title.

Along with those ponderings, I'm also wondering, would her husband perhaps have held the title "Master Foster"? As in "Master of the house"? Makes sense to me, but there's so many possibilities. So many questions and so few answers...
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #6
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Mr. Herriman might have simply called him "Sir", depending on their relationship. I like to think that they got along well and weren't bitter rivals for Madame Foster's attention as some people have suggested.

On the subject of names, I have to wonder what Madame Foster's maiden name was. Looks like another "Mac's last name" debate is now open.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
While posting in the Frankie thread, I started wondering something. How exactly did Madame F get acquire the title "Madame"? I think we all know what the title usually refers to, and we know just as well that that's not how she got the title. There's also the title "Madame of the house", which is where I see her getting the title. But when do you think she was first referred to that? Mr. H calls her simply "Madame", and I wonder if she had him call her that since her childhood. Or maybe he started calling her that once she started her charity and the IFs in her care are who came up with the title.

Along with those ponderings, I'm also wondering, would her husband perhaps have held the title "Master Foster"? As in "Master of the house"? Makes sense to me, but there's so many possibilities. So many questions and so few answers...
Well, in French the title "Madam" is basically the equivilent of the English "Mrs". In English, to my understanding, it can simply be used as a term of respect when addressing an older woman. As for Mr. H, I can see him addressing her as a youngster much as he addresses Frankie now - that is, "Miss" followed by whatever her first name happens to be.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 07-12-2009 at 01:31 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:00 PM   #8
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

My favorite MF moment is either the episode of bowling, or the retirement home where she sings the batman theme with her name.