Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > The Company Store

Notices

The Company Store Sell your soul - I mean, discuss *official* licensed Foster's merchandise here.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:12 PM   #21
Voxxyn
Banned

Could I kindly beg you to post a summary of the story once you get your hands on it?
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #22
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I'll try to. Lol I haven't even looked at #30 yet.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:27 PM   #23
k0ugs
Settling In

Send a message via AIM to k0ugs

i have a copy of 31 scanned. Click the Thumbnails for full image.
(56K warning... BIG images!)

.....Cover......

......Page 1............Page 2............Page 3.....

......Page 4............Page 5............Page 6.....

If you like it, buy it
(also just got the Season 1 DVD from Blockbuster Online)
Old 03-30-2007, 08:49 PM   #24
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I haven't been able to pick mine up from the comic book shop yet. I've been absolutely flat-busted. They said they'd hold it for me. I'll try to get it maybe Sunday or Monday.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #25
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Oh my stars, I have GOT to have this!!!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:58 PM   #26
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Oh my stars, I have GOT to have this!!!
Did you want one of mine? I always order 6.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:02 PM   #27
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Absolutely, and thanks!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #28
Voxxyn
Banned

Thanks very much for scanning and posting it, k0ugs.

I thought it was pretty good. In terms of storylines with Frankie as a central focus, this is infinitely superior to IHFUMEUP(but what isn't? ) and on par with "The Big Cheese", but not on the level of quality of "Store Wars" and "Frankie My Dear" and "Setting A President". Still, though, it wasn't cruelly anti-Frankie as I was secretly fearing, so I'm relieved.

Oh, and that cover is beyond misleading. Mac is completely absent in the story and the IF Frankie wasn't nasty or scary at all. With the misleading summaries for EC and MBION and now this, I wonder if this has become a new trend.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 03-31-2007 at 03:50 AM.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:35 PM   #29
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Heh...cute.

To be honest, I'm quite pleasantly surprised with the quality of these Block Party stories; not because they're anything mind-blowing, but because I had such low expectations. I've seen quite a lot of issues of the DC Powerpuff Girls comic - mostly later ones, admittedly - and with very few exceptions, they're just a total waste of time, demonstrating only a meagre grasp on the essence of the characters (from both an art and a writing perspective), with weak, edgeless jokes padding out utterly inconsequential six-to-ten page narratives. Even I, as a PPG obsessive, just couldn't bring myself to be anything other than utterly bored by them.

These Foster's stories fare a lot better, though. It helps from the outset the the artwork is quite a bit better - Bloo and Frankie's expressions aren't quite right, but Wilt and Ed look dead-on - and the writing has some wit and flow to it. Of course, they're still primarily hamstrung by six-page running lengths that allow for about the same level of narrative complexity as a knock-knock joke, but they remain entertaining enough for the two/two-and-a-half minutes it takes to finish reading one.

Oh, and Voxxyn - the misleading cover thing is a problem endemic to the DC CN range, if the PPG comic is anythig to go by...I can't remember a single issue I read of that where the image on the cover in any way corresponded to something that actually happened in the related story. I wouldn't let it worry you too much.

Last edited by Ditchy McAbandonpants; 03-30-2007 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Because it's what I do.
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:00 PM   #30
Voxxyn
Banned

Thanks for the pointer.

After reading through #31 for the second time, I must say that the Block Party crew are doing a great job with Foster's so far, even with the ridiculously short six-page duration per story. The characters look AND behave like their actual selves(I don't see anything wrong at all with Frankie and Bloo's comic appearances), and the dialogue/set-ups are as clever as they are on the show(The child being too young for his IF, ditzy IF Frankie going on endlessly on her love of boys). They feel like authentic side-stories to entertain fans instead of cheap marketing padding made solely for money.

I do have some quibbles with Frankie's comic story, but I nonetheless find it well-done. I'll definitely purchase it when I hit Borders(hopefully this weekend)

Last edited by Voxxyn; 03-30-2007 at 10:02 PM.