Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 12-22-2008, 11:13 PM   #21
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Portland actually had it worse than we did, and for that very reason. They got a lot of freezing rain along with the snow. The city was crippled for about two days. I'm glad we didn't have it that bad.

I wish I could send you some, I know you'd enjoy it.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:21 AM   #22
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I heard it was going to snow here on Christmas, but if it does it's not like it'll be "nice" snow, probably just slush or ice.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:24 AM   #23
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Beautiful pictures, Lynnie, thanks for sharing (aww, Joey is awesome). You know, I've yet to actually experience a white Xmas myself...I've lived through plenty of white Boxing Days, though. The snow's timing around here has always been slightly off.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 12-23-2008 at 09:24 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #24
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Thanks for the comments, everyone. We're expecting more snow starting tomorrow (Christmas Eve), but thankfully it's not suppose to be a whole lot, and we're suppose to be getting above the freezing mark so it shouldn't get too icy either. I'm crossing my fingers that the meteorologists are right this time, and it won't be bad at all.

Aw, looking at that picture of Joey is making me sad now. Not just after reading the Post to Post thread, but he went home with my parents today so I can head strait to their place after work tomorrow instead of coming back to my place first to pick him up. I know he's going to miss me over the next 24 hours, and I know I'll miss him tonight when I'm so use to him snuggling with me. I actually teared up a bit after they left (he was crying too, he hates riding in the car). He loves his Grandma though, and she him, so I know he'll be taken care of. Plus he's got his two baby cousins to play with all day tomorrow. It's just going to be very weird without him here, and I know he's going to be looking for me, but I won't be there either.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:33 AM   #25
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Those are some lovely christmas-card- type images there, Lynnie. Thank-you! It makes one feel much more christmassy than the dreary gun-metal skies over northern England today. Hope you have a nice re-union with Joey and a great day. Hey, you guys over there have got northern Europe's weather right now it seems, the bears in Moscow zoo havn't even bothered hibernating this year as it's barely snowed there at all which is very strange.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:30 AM   #26
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

It's supposed to be in the '70's here on Christmas day, though it's got some way to go. Right now, mid-day, it's still in the '40's, and damp, the sort of damp-chill combo that can bring on hypothermia really fast. We've only had a white Christmas ONCE in the over-200-year period that records have been kept, and that was in 1989, following Hurricane Hugo. I guess that just screwed up the whole weather pattern over the South that year. The last time we got any measurable snow at all was about 10 years ago; we get plenty of cold air, and plenty of damp air, but they don't happen at the same time, usually, which is why we miss out on the snow. I can live without it, although I love a "snow day" off from school as much as any kid , but I live in fear of ice storms. I have electric everything, so if the power goes off, that's a real problem. I have reptiles and arachnids that can die if they get too cold, and I worry about them much more than me. I can always put on more clothes, or if push comes to shove, stay with my elderly neighbor, who has a wood stove for heating and cooking(it's really efficient, too), but he's scared of snakes and spiders, so I don't think he'd appreciate me hauling the whole lot up to his house! I'd love to see a nice snow, though, just so I can go "camera-happy", too. It's a shame having a nice digital camera with nothing much to take pictures of outside of snakes and bugs and the occasional sunset. I've never even gotten to try out the "Snow" scene feature on my camera

pitbulllady

Last edited by pitbulllady; 12-24-2008 at 07:32 AM.
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #27
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

I told you I would have the lights of the Prescott, AZ courthouse square lights. My GF and I took the dog and we went up there to get pictures and roam around in one of AZ's famous towns.

The front of the Courthouse:

Again:

The tree:

The west side of Courthouse:

The gazebo:
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:59 PM   #28
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Wow, these are great! I particularly like that last one of the gazebo. Excellent pics, dude!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #29
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Great photos of the lights, duckman.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:23 AM   #30
Mac-a-lacka