Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 03:20 PM   #11
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I believe in ghosts for the same reason I believe aliens exist, there's too much possibility in the world for things we know about and know nothing about. Everything we ever thought we know ends up changing at some point in time, sooner or later.

I think it's possible because not everything requires proof. There is no proof in God, yet people believe he exists, there is no scientific proof we have souls, yet people believe in them as well. Just because we can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that the world is too vast, big, and mysterious for us to be completely 100% sure we know what exists and what doesn't in every aspect of life. For people who believe in say angels or life after death, why is it so hard for people to believe a ghost can exist?

The weird events we see, the shadows we see but then don't, not every spooky little event is someone's mind playing tricks on them or some kind of illusion caused by stress or drugs or stuff like that. I believe that we have souls and if we have souls, I believe that is in essence the human spirit.

And if a spirit can exist inside a body then it can exist outside of a body as well. But that's just me.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:32 PM   #12
Emma
Foster's Legend

Well, while that rational would make sense if you believed in souls -- and I agree that if you believe in souls/God/other supernatural stuff and not ghosts you're being a hypocrite. But I don't believe in any of that. I think everything does require proof. There will always be stuff that we don't understand -- but I think that deciding that such and such is true without prooving it will just prolong our ignorance. But again, that's just my opinion.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #13
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Well, while that rational would make sense if you believed in souls -- and I agree that if you believe in souls/God/other supernatural stuff and not ghosts you're being a hypocrite. But I don't believe in any of that. I think everything does require proof. There will always be stuff that we don't understand -- but I think that deciding that such and such is true without prooving it will just prolong our ignorance. But again, that's just my opinion.
Mine as well. I insist on proof, not opinion.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #14
G-man
Banned

simply I do believe in them,but for only some reasons which the most important following...even though this odd thing cannot be explained by science or anything else like that I just believe that once we die..well its even hard to explain it in words but,I just dont think once you dissapear from life that the rest of the things you see is darkness in the sense you cannot do anything,its unimaginable to me,its almost like when all of us finally start our "true" life....but when you actually realize your alive which is by 4 or 5....and with the whole religous thing with ghosts....I believe its all about faith and what you believe,if you believe in it,then it might happen as a fantasy IF you pass onto something supernatural...but like I said before I just think its impossible for us once we die,to know when it happens...or what is going to happen...I just cant explain why or think anybody can explain why either,that is my oppinion.And for me proof isnt always the answer,maybe one day only seeing is believing

Last edited by G-man; 09-19-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:41 PM   #15
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Science is proof but then again, we invented the theories and everything behind science. Gave it names and everything. And if something exists (yes I am aware I'm using the word if), whether we believe it or not is irrelevant.

I can't explain how I am personally existing right now, or how anyone is, but I know we are existing. I don't think proof is necessary because your asking to prove something that in theoretical definotion is beyond proof.

The whole idea behind ghosts and spirits is that they exist beyond death, like god for example. God by scientific "proof" or evidence can't exist, but if he does exist then what good would science do you?

I am not doubting the authenticity of science or people, I am simply saying it's impossible to totally rule out every single possibility of it from every single person, expierence, and event. Because even if someone does show you proof, and you don't believe them, that doesn't mean there lying.

I also agree with G-man. If ghosts don't exist then what does that mean, we die and simply rot in the ground as bodies? We are complete nothingness and have no place or heaven or hell to go to?

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 09-19-2006 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:43 PM   #16
G-man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Science is proof but then again, we invented the theories and everything behind science. Gave it names and everything. And if something exists (yes I am aware I'm using the word if), whether we believe it or not is irrelevant.

I can't explain how I am personally existing right now, or how anyone is, but I know we are existing. I don't think proof is necessary because your asking to prove something that in theoretical definotion is beyond proof.

The whole idea behind ghosts and spirits is that they exist beyond death, like god for example. God by scientific "proof" or evidence can't exist, but if he does exist then what good would science do you?

I am not doubting the authenticity of science or people, I am simply saying it's impossible to totally rule out the possibility of it. Because even if someone does show you proof, and you don't believe them, that doesn't mean there lying.
I completely agree with you,so much that I cannot add much more..
Old 09-19-2006, 03:50 PM   #17
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Okay, as this thread is heading into people's spiritual beliefs (as I knew it would), I'm temporarily closing it until the staff have a chance to discuss it. Sorry.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Closed Thread