Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

View Poll Results: Which Fosters character got it the worst?
Eduardo in "Land of the Flea" 1 2.50%
Wilt in "Where there's a Wilt, there's a way" 3 7.50%
Frankie in "Imposter's home for Make'em up pals" 15 37.50%
Mac in "I Only have Surprise for you" 13 32.50%
Goo in "Make Believe it or not" 0 0%
Coco in "Cuckoo for Coco cards" 1 2.50%
Mr. Herriman in "World Wide wabbit" 1 2.50%
Blooregard in "Bloo Tube" 3 7.50%
Other, please specify 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2008, 07:20 AM   #31
Sparx
Newly Abandoned

Hey baby... I'm a gazillionaire  

Actually, I think everyone got it really bad in those episodes, so I voted other
Sparx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:17 AM   #32
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Before I say this, I want to assure you all that it is not because I have a Bloo bias, or because I watched that Oprah special about puppy mills the other day. Well, maybe a little bit.

When I really think about it, I can't say there's many things worse than Bloo's imprisonment in The Sweet Stench of Success. I'll be the first to admit Bloo can be a buttface and he did pretend to be an ill impoverished IF, but that kind of payback is approaching Well Bendy Took A Cookie in proportional ridiculousness.

Like taranchula said -- he was forced to live in a dingy cage, never saw the light of day, and was worked half to death, isolated from the rest of the world except when he was doing a publicity appearance. And on top of it all, he was the meekest Bloo we've ever seen throughout. He's like one of those characters where when they don't have a snarky one-liner for a grave situation, you know it's really really bad.

Doesn't mean the "THAT WAS WEIRD" stars don't still make me giggle, though.

Last edited by kageri; 06-20-2008 at 08:20 AM.
kageri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:09 AM   #33
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Wow, this poll is getting interesting. I was actually going to put Bloo and the Stench of success up there but....I forgot my bad. Either way, I am really glad to see quite a bit of activity on this poll. I'm not too surprised though at which episodes are among the highest voted bad ones.

I actually am all for episodes where characters get a little "roughed up". There was an Animaniacs episode with Rita and Runt, where Rita spent the whole episode being smashed, smushed, and crushed by a bred in captivity gorilla who thought she was her old kitty toy. I love Rita and Runt but still.....I found it funny.

I think the point of these episodes is to make suffering enjoyable and that it can be fun......but as I said with the 2 Fosters episodes that are the most voted upon, its those episodes I feel do NOTHING for the show but come off as heartless, cruel, and mean spirited kick in the Johnsons for those characters.

These are the kind of episodes you do NOT do. I seriously see nothing of positive value about spending all that time, money, and writing to make 30 minutes of torture for one character. I mean when you think about it, it sounds kind of cruel to go out of your way to make an episode that ends up repetitively screwing over one character.

Another Mac episode I felt truly bad for was "One false movie". Mac got really bashed by Bloo with selling all his childhood toys for a stupid movie Mac didn't even want and Bloo ended up guilt tripping him into making more and selling more.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:14 PM   #34
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I voted for Frankie in "Imposter's" but I always felt that Mac got it pretty bad in "Foster's goes to Europe". Getting blamed for something that wasn't his fault by his friends was pretty rough, if you ask me.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:49 AM   #35
Fomalhaut
Who speaks like Goo and sings like Eurotrish

Sing with me, Eurotrish!  

Send a message via Skype™ to Fomalhaut

I voted for Mac in "I Only Have Surprise for You". It hurt me even more than Wilt in "Where There's a Wilt,m There's a Way".

"Up in the sky, there's a star for everyone"
Fomalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #36
it's hot in topeka
Banned
I like chocolate milk  

I would choose frankie because at first nobody believed her and at last it turns out that goofball is an imaginary friend "how embarrasing"
it's hot in topeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #37
PeterFoster111
Banned
Smiling, but EVIL.  

Send a message via MSN to PeterFoster111

I voted frankie in imposters home for make em up pals.

Also, frankie also had the worst in:

Nightmare on Wilson way.

The Bloo Superdude and The Creator of Everything's Fun ceremony that hes not invited to. Frankensense.

Something old, something bloo. Performing in the retirement centre.

I have posted this already in the discussion thread for frankie but im just telling you what I voted for and some more frankie worst scenes.
PeterFoster111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:32 AM   #38
Major Abbey
Settling In

Not a bunny butler!  

I voted for Frankie in "Imposters".

Also, and I'm not sure if I'm alone in this, but I thought Mr Herriman had a worse time in "Who let the dogs in" than he did in "World Wide Wabbit". At least at the end of "World Wide Wabbit", he was okay with it; in "Who let the dogs in", he was terrified for his life to such an extent he became a nervous wreck, and this was for most of the episode.

"I'm Mr Herriman and I approve this message."
Major Abbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:59 AM   #39
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Except Mr. Herriman has a phobia of dogs and being scared isn't as bad as being totally humiliated. Much like Frankie in "Imposters" which I STILL feel was the most painful of low blows to any character, though possible not as low as what Bloo barbarically did to Mac in "Surprise". Making a child terrified of his own birthday is pretty scummy.

But anyways, Herriman was totally embarrassed by that video because it not only disgraced him, but he also felt violated because it was a private moment between him and his creator. Plus Herriman is a very dignified person and unlike other inhabitants of Fosters, humiliation comes down much harder on him because of his pride upstanding nature. Least that's what I think anyway.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #40
Major Abbey
Settling In

Not a bunny butler!  

You make a good point; at least no one was laughing at him in "Who let the dogs in". But to be honest, I think it depends on what you mean by "had it worst". If we're going by how humiliated they were, then "World Wide Wabbit" would be worse. I guess watching Herriman in "Who let the dogs in" reminded me a lot of the way I am around dogs; and that isn't a nice experience, trust me. I think they're both bad experiences, just indifferent ways.

Still, neither is really as bad as what Frankie and Mac went through in the episodes you mentioned.

"I'm Mr Herriman and I approve this message."
Major Abbey is offline   Reply With Quote