Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 06-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #1
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk
Default Got A Question

I've been trying to learn how to draw for years. And for all of those years I've failed miserably. How that phase where I wanted to be an animator ever got into my head I will never quite know. One thing's for sure though, I want to make comics and animation. The problem is I don't really know any artist willing to help me out. I have all these idea itching to come out of my head, but they need another person to help them materialize. I need someone who can help me make my ideas a reality, but I don't know how to go about finding that person. Therein lies the question, how do I find an artistic collaborator for my ideas?

If you anyone read and/or replies to this I'm already greatly appreciative. Thank you for your time.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I need a collaborator too, but I also need one who can draw better than me. So I'm in the same boat as you, meaning I can't help.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Heh heh, I seem to be at the opposite end of the spectrum here. I can write really well (When I am motivated enough to do so and have some one to bounce my ideas off of) but my artistic talent is non existent. (So many talented artists in my family and none of it rubbed of on me.)

But then again it really the idea that all that counts, after all some of the best cartoons that came out over the last two decades or so were derrived from simple designs/artwork. (Good examples I can think off are Beavis and Butthead, South Park, good old Foster's and ninety percent of the Adult Swim line up.) sure stunning animation is nice and all but in the end what most people are going to remember above all is the characters/story, once that part is mastered the greatest battle has already been won.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:40 PM   #4
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Heh heh, I seem to be at the opposite end of the spectrum here. I can write really well (When I am motivated enough to do so and have some one to bounce my ideas off of) but my artistic talent is non existent. (So many talented artists in my family and none of it rubbed of on me.)

But then again it really the idea that all that counts, after all some of the best cartoons that came out over the last two decades or so were derrived from simple designs/artwork. (Good examples I can think off are Beavis and Butthead, South Park, good old Foster's and ninety percent of the Adult Swim line up.) sure stunning animation is nice and all but in the end what most people are going to remember above all is the characters/story, once that part is mastered the greatest battle has already been won.
Same here-- I can barely draw, but I'm a good writer.

Sorry I can't contribute further. If I think of something, I'll let you know.

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

I'm sorta pretty good at both writing and drawing, but I fail at teaching. I struggle simply explaining things to my friends during school if they don't get something, let alone teaching them how to do that something. And, because I don't know you personally, there's no way I could ever meet you, so there's always no way I could teach you. Sorry, man.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

You can find "how too" videos on youtube like this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/markcrilley

My suggestion is to find someone who can give you lessons in person. I'm sure you must have a family member who could give you some pointers.