Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Art Forum

Notices

Fan-Art Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related artwork here.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:35 AM   #81
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

By coincidence, my family used to vacation in Maine every summer when I was younger. It never looked quite as good as it does in your pic, though; Wanna guess why?

Well done on both!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #82
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
By coincidence, my family used to vacation in Maine every summer when I was younger. It never looked quite as good as it does in your pic, though; Wanna guess why?

Well done on both!
Hmm... "You can wonder if you wanna / But I never ask why." (Sorry, 'nother Hairspray quote...) Just teasin'.

Thanks for the thoughts, Cassini!

EDIT: Guys, I'm absolutely STUCK on Minnesota, and it'll be next. (I'll try to get Massachusetts and Michigan up tonight.) I know there's the Mall of America in Minneapolis (sp?), but I want to see if I can find some other options. And no doubt will be stuck on Mississippi when I get to it, too. Any ideas? thank you so much!

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille

Last edited by WiltsAKGirl17; 02-08-2008 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Need help!
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #83
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 View Post
Hmm... "You can wonder if you wanna / But I never ask why." (Sorry, 'nother Hairspray quote...) Just teasin'.

Thanks for the thoughts, Cassini!

EDIT: Guys, I'm absolutely STUCK on Minnesota, and it'll be next. (I'll try to get Massachusetts and Michigan up tonight.) I know there's the Mall of America in Minneapolis (sp?), but I want to see if I can find some other options. And no doubt will be stuck on Mississippi when I get to it, too. Any ideas? thank you so much!
Yes, the Mall of America IS in Minneapolis. You know, that's really a great place for Frankie, seeing as how Bloo got her banned from the mall back home. She could really get a mall "fix" in that place! And Mississippi is one of the places I associate with the music style known as "Delta Blues", especially the music of Robert Johnson, who had such a tremendous influence on rock music.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #84
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Yay, two more great ones, WiltsAK! Aww, I love Mac in the snow. He's the only kid, surrounded by sharp dressed adults. He's not letting that get in the way of playing in the snow though, lol!

Ah yes, good ol' Minnesota- the state of my birth. Besides the Mall of America, what comes to my mind is the many lakes they have there. And on those lakes many snow geese and loons. Loons are fascinating birds, and their calls are among the most haunting and beautiful bird calls if you ask me. They aren't as plentiful anywhere else I've lived, I kind of miss them. Also what comes to mind are obnoxious mosquitoes, biting gnats and horse flies. But that's just me... Once you've lived there a while, you'd understand.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:53 PM   #85
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Yes, the Mall of America IS in Minneapolis. You know, that's really a great place for Frankie, seeing as how Bloo got her banned from the mall back home. She could really get a mall "fix" in that place! And Mississippi is one of the places I associate with the music style known as "Delta Blues", especially the music of Robert Johnson, who had such a tremendous influence on rock music.

pitbulllady
I've been through Minnesota in the past, but not for very long-- just until we could get to Ohio and back (long story short-- the airlines were being screwy in Minneapolis/St. Paul so we rented a car and drove to Ohio), so my Minnesota exposure has been limited. When did Bloo get Frankie kicked out of the mall? (Seems like something he'd do...)

Hmm... Thanks for the ideas, pitbulllady! i appreciate them immensely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Yay, two more great ones, WiltsAK! Aww, I love Mac in the snow. He's the only kid, surrounded by sharp dressed adults. He's not letting that get in the way of playing in the snow though, lol!

Ah yes, good ol' Minnesota- the state of my birth. Besides the Mall of America, what comes to my mind is the many lakes they have there. And on those lakes many snow geese and loons. Loons are fascinating birds, and their calls are among the most haunting and beautiful bird calls if you ask me. They aren't as plentiful anywhere else I've lived, I kind of miss them. Also what comes to mind are obnoxious mosquitoes, biting gnats and horse flies. But that's just me... Once you've lived there a while, you'd understand.
If you've ever been on the grounds of a military academy, you know there's little goofing off. When I got the picture of the academy gorunds in snow, I thought that a picture from ALC would look good, and the one of Mac instanly clicked.

I tend to think of lakes when I think of Minnesota, too. The Minnesota tourism site has a LOT of stuff devoted to lakes on it. And I do understand the mosquitoes, et. al.-- mosquitoes can be quite plentiful in Alaska. People frequently joke that they are the state bird!

Oh, and here are the next two:

Massachusetts

Michigan

Enjoy!

Last edited by Cassini90125; 02-08-2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Repaired nonfunctional link.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #86
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

FYI, the Massachusetts link doesn't work. I found it though.

I love Ed in Michigan. Very cute. More good work!

And concerning mosquitoes, they're plentiful all over the world. But in Minnesota, thanks to all those beautiful lakes and the humidity, they are the worst I've ever seen anywhere else in the country. But it's not just the "squits" that are bad, those darn gnats actually darken the sky- they come in clouds! And they bite too. It's just awful.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:22 PM   #87
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I took the liberty of repairing the Massachusetts link; I trust you won't mind.

Nicely done, as usual.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #88
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I took the liberty of repairing the Massachusetts link; I trust you won't mind.

Nicely done, as usual.
I don't mind; if anything, I'm very grateful. Thanks.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #89
BabyCharmander
At Home
Mur?  

Yay, Michigan! That one em was cute. %3 Heh, I've never been to Frankenmuth myself, though. (Heh, we Michiganders get a lot of interesting city names... Hell, Paradise, Christmas, Frankenmuth, Kalamazoo...)
BabyCharmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #90
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyCharmander View Post
Yay, Michigan! That one em was cute. %3 Heh, I've never been to Frankenmuth myself, though. (Heh, we Michiganders get a lot of interesting city names... Hell, Paradise, Christmas, Frankenmuth, Kalamazoo...)
Frankenmuth is German for "courage of the Franks," the group that settled the area. I think I've been to Kalamazoo, but I can't be sure-- all I really remember, as often as I've been to Michigan, is Frankenmuth and Holland.