Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:40 PM   #31
Ricky Fieldmouse
Revived Member

HELLO THERE. I'M DOCTOR RABBIT  

Send a message via MSN to Ricky Fieldmouse

There really haven't been any films that have caught my attention besides HP 6 & Wall-E. This seems like it's going to be 2005 again - No movies besides a handful. (Most notebly Napoleon Dynamite.)
Old 11-25-2007, 08:01 PM   #32
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

I just wanted to resurrect this thread, so that I can update my must-see movies of 2008:

Get Smart - As I said before, after seeing the teaser, I have a lot of hope for this movie. As well as the recently released poster, it's looks like Steve Carell is going for the best role of his career.

Speed Racer - Larry and Andy Wachowski. Christina Ricci. New cutting edge effects. The new trailer. What more could you ask for?

Nim's Island - Based on Wendy Orr's children's book, Nim (Abigail Breslin) lives on an island with his father Jack (Gerard Butler). When he gets lost at sea, Nim must rely on her hero Alex Rover (Gerard Butler), who's really a New York author (Jodie Foster). It's now in post-production. I love the book and I really can't wait for it.

Scary Movie 5 - After seeing Scary Movie 4 (Shaq + Dr Phil + Scary Movie = ), I'm now really looking forward to the fifth installment of this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
i'm still waiting for a Captain America movie
Is that the Shazam! movie? Because Peter Segal will be directing this after Get Smart and will star Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam.

Last edited by frankie_fan; 12-16-2007 at 06:51 PM.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:00 PM   #33
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Though not as detailed a list, movies I'm looking forward to seeing in 2008:

WALL-E
Get Smart
Cloverfield
Dragon Ball Z: The Movie (HELL YEAH )
The Strangers
Fan Boys
Iron Man
Jumper
Teeth
Harold and Kumar escape from Guantanamo
The Dark Knight

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 11-25-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #34
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Indy 4! FTW!

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #35
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

You know, I'm absolutely terrified about a Watchmen movie, as it's one of my favorite comics ever and was written with the intention of being unable to be turned into a film. If anything, the best medium that could be done for it would be a HBO series of about 12 hour long episodes, one episode for each issue of the comic. There's simply too much to put in for it to work as a 2 or even 3 hour film, and taking away even a bit of the content of the comic immediately hampers the process of the film.

Really, films based on Alan Moore's comics have been extremely hit and miss, and the two I've liked the most, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and V for Vendetta have nearly nothing in common with the original work except for the names of the characters. Really, I'm frightened of a masterpiece such as Watchmen, which is studied in depth in college courses as a literary masterpiece, as getting such a possible treatment as a film.

As for Speed Racer...I was never extremely in to the show, so it never really held all that much interest to me. However, I basically lost all faith in the Wachowski siblings after the last two Matrix films, though V for Vendetta somewhat regained it, despite their villainous treatment of Alan Moore and utter disregard for the way he wished to see his creation presented. I don't have much hope for it.

I really want to see The Dark Knight. Really, that's it so far; that's the only other film I know of that'll definantely be upcoming next year that I have any desire to see.

There is one other upcoming film I want to see, but who knows when it'll come out: and that happens to be the remake of the original Child's Play. Since Don Mancini is going to write it again, as well as direct, I'm having extremely hight hopes for it, if it ever does come to fruition.

Sorry for going to such an old post, but I had to put my thoughts in.

P.S.: Almost forgot Sweeney Todd, though that's coming out this year.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:19 PM   #36
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

After seeing the preview of the first few minutes of the opening, definitely "Cloverfield"!
Old 12-15-2007, 09:26 PM   #37
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
After seeing the preview of the first few minutes of the opening, definitely "Cloverfield"!
If there's only one movie I could be allowed to see of 2008, Cloverfield would be it no question, easily. I'm literally jumping out of my pants to see this movie and the new trailer makes it look even more freaking awesome then before.

Thank god its coming out next month, I don't think I could have stand it if the movie came out at the end of 08 or anything like that.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #38
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Iron Man looks promising. The game looks like the actual CGI Iron Man.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #39
Mayor Adam West
At Home
Oh yes, I'm a man who loves his taffy  

Send a message via AIM to Mayor Adam West Send a message via MSN to Mayor Adam West Send a message via Yahoo to Mayor Adam West

Iron Man looks like an awesome movie to go and watch
Mayor Adam West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:36 AM   #40
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

After seeing I am Legend I was very fortunate to get there early enough to make sure I didn't miss the trailer for "The Dark Knight" something I have been wanting to see for a long time. I've been rather unsure about this movie ever since I saw Joker's make up and to be honest, I don't really care that much for it.

It looks like curdled milk and the wear and tear on it kind of "disappoint" his appearance to me. Having said that, I saw the trailer and despite it being a REALLY bad ass trailer with great dialog and some very cool scenes.....the make up still bugs me. I don't mind watching it but I find it doesn't do a lot for me you know?

I still plan on seeing this movie first chance I get, but from what I saw, I don't feel as amped up for it as I feel I should be and I'm disappointed in that because this is a movie I would normally definitively be pumped for. I don't mind Heath Ledger as The Joker at all its just....the face....its so meh or blah to me.