Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:15 AM   #1081
TB
At Home
Because I said sooo...  

Send a message via AIM to TB

My roomies and I watched Black Sheep last night. No, not that Chris Farley movie, this was a comedy horror. I highly recommend it, and I'm not usually big into these kinds of movies. Just be warned there was quite a lot of gore in it, but I guess that's expected in a horror movie.

Last edited by TB; 10-24-2007 at 09:15 AM.
TB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:11 PM   #1082
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

28 Weeks Later

God this movie is incredible. I forgot how insanely gory and intense this movie is, I really feel it blew the original movie away. This movie really had better characters, a more coherent storyline and the "Crazies"/infected people never looked scarier.

There are so many amazing dramatic emotions and feelings of dread in this film, it really does feel like a zombie movie with so much depression all around. Very few movies have sequels as excellent as this one so I'm very happy to see a quality sequel get made instead of it being another cheap unnecessary continuation.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:52 PM   #1083
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Man do I love that musical. It's easily one of my favorite movies.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #1084
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

"The Nightmare Before Christmas" followed by "Corpse Bride".

Two Tim Burton stop-motion movies in a row. These are seriously my favorite movies; I can't seem to get enough of them! Plus, they're so pretty looking
Old 10-24-2007, 07:08 PM   #1085
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

The Visitors (real name: Besökarna)

A Swedish movie, one of the best scary movies I've ever seen. Lots of mystery and creepy athmosphere when a family moves into a new house in the country side and strange things are happening. The dad can't let it rest and calls a ghost investigator who agrees to come and have a looksee.. then EVERYTHING goes downhill

Very humorous movie (mostly the dialogue), depicting not only freaky ghost experiences the dad has in the house, but problems with the mailman, problems with a business deal going wrong, having stubborn kids and trying to make the damn tapestry stick to the walls XD
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:59 AM   #1086
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

The Fly

No, not the ?Help meeee! Help meeee!? original from the late 50s (that infamous phrase does work it's way into this one, though in a somewhat different context), but rather the 1986 David Cronenberg remake starring Jeff Goldblum, who was clearly quite the handsome bugger back in the 80s (ha - bugger! Get it? Okay, I'm sorry, I know that's a terrible joke? ). It's harrowing as hell to watch him get bogged down with all the nasty little details of gradually transforming into a human muscidae - it's a Cronenberg movie, so nauseating visuals are a standard part of the package, everything from dissolving body parts to a physically inversed baboon (presumably just a wad of animated minced meat, but it still made me wince...Videodrome wasn't that disgusting at all, with hindsight ); ordinarily a lot more gruesomeness than I'd be willing to tolerate, but it also had a distinctly human element throughout which made it very compelling and ultimately very effective - as sickened as you may be by Brundle's physical, and to some extent emotional, transformations you really feel for him and everything he's going through too. The ending felt fairly abrupt, but also very powerful. And the insect make-up holds up extremely well even today.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 09-29-2008 at 12:44 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:01 PM   #1087
Kamikaze
Newly Abandoned
[Insert witty text handle here]  

Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze

Pet Cematery Two

Very creepy movie. I love Horror

About to watch Halloween
Old 10-25-2007, 04:44 PM   #1088
montitech
Foster's Legend

The Devil Wears Prauda

It is definatly worth watching.
synopsis, - Just out of school Journalist starts her career by hapenstancing an executive assistant position for a high end fashion Magazine

Many of the deleted scenes on the DVD are from the begining of the film and are worth stoping the movie to watch, They give a much more satissfying introduction into the movie.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:07 PM   #1089
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas in Disney Digital 3D!

It's sooooo much better in 3D, you see alot more detail! But I felt a little sick when it panned quickly or characters has fast frigidity movement D=
Old 10-26-2007, 04:39 PM   #1090
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Brazil and Barton Fink

Two of the darkest comedies you'll ever see. Two movies where the heroes bring about their own downfall, whether by accident or simply by way of their own arrogance.

Sam Lowry, the protagonist of Brazil, is your regular cog in the machine. And for the most part he likes it. He has dreams of something more, but not to the point where he would actually act on them. That is until the one day that he does. And by doing so he messes up his life and the lives of others just by being his normal self. He gets caught in a web he wasn't even aware of. And from then on it only gets worse. By the end he's dug himself in so deep that his ultimate fate seems like a happy ending compared to the alternative.

All that aside Brazil is incredibly fun. Even if it is a bit too disturbing in its view of a bleak bureaucratic state in the midst of a "terrorist" uprising.

Barton Fink is a frustrating character. He's the kind of guy you want to feel for, but the more you think about it the more you realize that he deserves a lot of what he gets. Barton is a so-called writer for the common man. The problem is he's so wrappped up in himself he doesn't listen. He doesn't care what they want, or what anyone else wants. He thinks he's above everyone and that the world has to listen to what he has to say.

You start to understand that he's not a writer for the common man because he wants to be, he's only says that because he doesn't have the skill to be what most people would call a real writer. So instead he passes off his own experiences over and over again as if they're the voice of the common man, when in reality it's all he knows and he's unwilling to grow. So when he's finally told off, all though it's said in the harshest of ways you can't help but agree with what's being said.

Barton Fink was one of those movies that was okay when I watched it, but after thinking about it for a day it was one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. The thing is it's such a painful experience in a way that I can't watch it again and again unlike the lighter dark comedy in Brazil.

Anyway, these are two of Monk's recommendations. If you get a chance pick them up.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote