Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:36 AM   #11
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

One of the most heart-rending movie deaths, for me, occurs at the end of Jacob's Ladder. I'm putting this in spoiler tags because knowing it in advance could really ruin the movie's twist ending for you:

Spoiler Below
Jacob Singer (Tim Robbins). Watching him accompany his son up the stairs toward that bright light which signifies death, and possibly the afterlife, chokes me up every time.

Another character death which really mangles my heart-strings is that of Andrea (Guiseppe Sanfelice) from the Son's Room, which isn't much of a spoiler since it occurs early on the film and is the principle factor which sets the story in motion. Witnessing how his death affects his family for such a prolonged period afterward makes it all the more heart-breaking.

Plus, though I don't think it's ever quite made me cry, I always get this sad little feeling inside seeing Maa pass on in Babe.

There are a whole host of character deaths which have moved me in literature, of which I think that Lennie, from Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, is the most obviously poignant, but there have been many others which have stirred me in quite peculiar ways, such as that which occurs at the end of the Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #12
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Random terrorist #4 in Die Hard!

Seriously I think Darth Vader's death in ROTJ was touching.

Last edited by Invader Bloo; 10-11-2007 at 04:47 PM.
Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:26 PM   #13
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

anyone seen "The Green Berets"?

Spoiler Below
Peter getting impaled by that dirty VC trap, and John Wayne having to explain to little Hamchuck that Peter-San isn't coming home to take care of him

or how about "The Untouchables"?

Spoiler Below
Sean Connery getting riddled with .45 slugs by that gangster and trying to squeeze out his last words to Eliot as his lungs were filling up with blood

Old 10-12-2007, 12:56 AM   #14
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post

or how about "The Untouchables"?

Spoiler Below
Sean Connery getting riddled with .45 slugs by that gangster and trying to squeeze out his last words to Eliot as his lungs were filling up with blood

Ooh yes, you can add that one to my list too.

Spoiler Below
Charles Martin Smith's death within the same film was also pretty darn poignant.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:54 AM   #15
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

I'm pretty cold-hearted, but as I played Phoenix Wright 3: Trials and Tribulations the death of Mia Fey started to get to me (who died in the second caseof THE FIRST game). Mainly because two cases in the third game takes place a year or so before the first game, and you keep thinking about "she's gonna be dead in a year"

I agree with Cassini on nephlite, though. The cries Naru (sorry, she was never Molly over here) makes over his dead corpse is just... heart wrecking. I didn't cry, but as a 9 year old, seeing THAT, it did make a big impact
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:55 AM   #16
montitech
Foster's Legend

most touching caharacter death I would say must have been 'laura Palmer'.

It was the water cooler talk for months, "Who Killed Laura Palmer?" and why?

for those of you confused, it was from
Spoiler Below
Twin Peaks

monti
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #17
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist. Made me wish Envy would die a horrible death as comeuppance.

Big ups to the two mentions of General Leo in Final Fantasy 6, arguably the only honorable member of the empire, and the one who inspired Terra.

Nephrite's death in Sailor Moon was also one to remember. Even DiC didn't screw with it.

ETA: Almost forgot Scar from Fullmetal Alchemist, who sacrificed himself to save Al. It was touching when he reflected on his observations of Ed and Al looking after each other, and realizing not all alchemists are bad.

Last edited by cartman414; 10-13-2007 at 02:19 PM.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #18
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman414 View Post
ETA: Almost forgot Scar from Fullmetal Alchemist, who sacrificed himself to save Al. It was touching when he reflected on his observations of Ed and Al looking after each other, and realizing not all alchemists are bad.
oh yeah gotta add that to my list as well. and dyne from FF7. that was depressing.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:55 PM   #19
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

Dr. Hiluluk's death in One Piece. For super cereal. I haven't seen it in a while but I remember crying through the whole thing, especially when they show his hat sorta flying away. :C How he knew the mushroom was poisoned and sdjfkdsjfksj ; ;

Actually, I cried over almost all the One Piece flashbacks. XD WRY ARE THEY ALL SO SAD 8c
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:46 AM   #20
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman414 View Post
Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist. Made me wish Envy would die a horrible death as comeuppance.
That one reallyhit hard. I think what really made it so powerful was the aftermath like his funeral. I was actually chocked up.