Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 09-23-2007, 12:12 PM   #601
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

I think people who do not know how to take a compliment upsets me. I find it rude and disrespectful when people do not acknowledge praise given to them. But I guess most people in this country are like that anyway. Or it has become that way. I was taught to acknowledge a compliment by by saying "thank you."
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:41 PM   #602
x_dummkoff_x
Riku

floccinaucinihilipilification  

Send a message via AIM to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via MSN to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via Yahoo to x_dummkoff_x

y'know what pisses ME off?
people on DA who just bash you for NO reason!
Old 09-23-2007, 05:55 PM   #603
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

the fact i dont own a wii nor do i have any way of getting money for a wii. or a tv to plug it into (living room tv alreadly has the ps2, and i cant figure out where to put it in here even if i did have it.)

blargh. sad thing- i just want a wii so i can play that new NiGHTS game.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:14 AM   #604
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

The Wii in GENERAL ticks me off. It's just a glory hog. Whatever happened to the good ol' days where the GAMECUBE had games coming out for it? The games were small discs, the controllers were easy to handle, memory cards came in a variety, the games had plots, AND good quality of graphics, the gamecube had HANDLES, and the gamecube and its controllers came in a variety of colors. And for some reason, I must admit that the gamecube system was rather...cute, because it's one of the smallest console, compared to everything else. The gamecube lived for what it appeared, a console that was a CUBE.

But the Wii? Oh no. Just white colored. And long. And a wireless controller. Bad graphics. Big whoop.

Last edited by antgirl1; 09-24-2007 at 06:17 AM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:35 AM   #605
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Bad graphics.
I beg to differ. I like the Wii's graphics.

Despite not being as compact as the GameCube, the Wii has many finer points. People were afraid of the controlls being a gimmick, but they really come through in games that require aiming of any kind.

And the games do have a plot... look at Twilight Princess.

They also make Wiis in colors now.

Not saying you're wrong about the GameCube being amazing, but the Wii is not a total piece of junk like you make it out to be. I'd not trade mine for anything. No console is perfect, anyhow. I mean, they make bad games for EVERY console.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:57 PM   #606
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck2k View Post
I think people who do not know how to take a compliment upsets me. I find it rude and disrespectful when people do not acknowledge praise given to them. But I guess most people in this country are like that anyway. Or it has become that way. I was taught to acknowledge a compliment by by saying "thank you."
It's really not that. It's just that in these days people are wary of compliments. A lot of them seem to have a tinge of sarcasm, or are just altogether backhanded.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:33 PM   #607
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Skwisgar!

BTW my lack of a "Metalocalypse" DVD in front of me is making me pretty mad...did they come out with one? They should.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:49 PM   #608
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
I beg to differ. I like the Wii's graphics.

Despite not being as compact as the GameCube, the Wii has many finer points. People were afraid of the controlls being a gimmick, but they really come through in games that require aiming of any kind.

And the games do have a plot... look at Twilight Princess.

They also make Wiis in colors now.

Not saying you're wrong about the GameCube being amazing, but the Wii is not a total piece of junk like you make it out to be. I'd not trade mine for anything. No console is perfect, anyhow. I mean, they make bad games for EVERY console.
BUT, however, I think the Wii was intended for young children. Though I could be wrong.

Because of the Wii, every other Nintendo console (except for the DS and the DS Lite) is being forgotten, the games no longer going on shelves. They are all thrown out (if not sold) and are replaced by the so-called awesome Wii's games.

I guess some of the games are not as bad as I thought they were, but I'm talking about the "Wii Tennis" and other stuff like that. THOSE have bad graphics.

NOW you tell me this. XD

You have your opinions, and I have mine. I think I also hate the Wii for how much it costs. My family could NEVER afford such a thing. Besides, we don't even TRY to buy those new things anymore anyway, because we won't use them as much as the older systems.

Our family policy for getting new systems is, simply, if the old ones don't work anymore. I don't think it's worth it to brake my gamecube just to ge tthe Wii, I don't think it's worth it to trash my also-loved GBA for the DS/DS Lite.

I'm not gonna bother the Wii. I'm just gonna love what I already possess. The Game Boys, (I have two) the Nintendo 64, the GBA, and the gamecube. I love you guys so much. I'll never let you go, even if at some point you might fail me.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:00 PM   #609
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
It's really not that. It's just that in these days people are wary of compliments. A lot of them seem to have a tinge of sarcasm, or are just altogether backhanded.
I am a VP of operations for a financial firm, and we have to have social graces for corporate events, or dinners. These social graces were present when I was in the Navy for ten years and in the officer circles, it was polite to acknowledge compliments (e.g. "Thank you for your presence at my dinner Admiral, and Mrs. Smith).

The most important thing is, I was taught social graces as a child, and how to act internationally (we did live overseas for a time). My belief is courtesy is for everyone (regardless of rank, privledge, or station). Compliments out to be acknowledged with even a simple "thank you." It is easy to filter out the sarcasm.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:04 PM   #610
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

I've just always felt that they were lying to me and being polite instead of actually meaning it. No offense. I see what you're saing. It just feels so false when someone pays me a compliment, I always feel that they're just lying, you know.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote