Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:04 PM   #101
The Huntsman
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
This is a very good point and this is a the very SAME reason why I believe Berry is a evil, crazy, demented little imaginary friend. I honestly can't see how any faith or weight can be put into hypothetical origin stories saying she was abused or anything like that because it's too open for anything to happen.
I never said that she was abused. I said that she was created flawed. It?s sort of how Red was created to be evil, but he turned out to be a good guy. I?m pretty sure that when Berry was created, she was created with all of her problems. I highly doubt that Berry was a ?normal? Imaginary Friend who suddenly decided to join the Dark Side. Granted, I respect your right to believe what you want; I?m not trying to convince anybody to anoint Berry as a saint or anything. I?m not trying to justify what she did and I?m not saying that she has room for salvation. However, I do believe that Berry was created with her emotional baggage, and through such, she couldn?t really help but do what she did.

Nice post, at any rate. Thanks for taking the time to write that up.
The Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:14 PM   #102
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
I never said that she was abused. However, I do believe that Berry was created with her emotional baggage, and through such, she couldn’t really help but do what she did.

Nice post, at any rate. Thanks for taking the time to write that up.
I know you didn't, others have said that sort of where the sympathy thing came from originally. Granted Berry may have been created with emotional baggage, it's obvious creators that not all creators can create an accurate 100% desired personality. Look at Terrance and Red, Mac and Bloo, Madame Foster and Mr, Herriman.

I believe Berry is the way she is because of who she is. Granted being made by someone else houses responsibility on the creator, but I think imaginary friends have proven on more than once occasion that who they are personally is more dominant then who their creators are personally. Again that's just me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, sure, no problem, I loved putting deep thoughts into posts like these.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 09-15-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:18 PM   #103
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

And now, she has a shirt:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1

Probably available at Hot Topic, too. 16 hours to go as of this writing.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 09-16-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #104
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Yeah that shirt's been brought up in the Company Store board, and I or someone else may have posted photos of it, I can't remember.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:13 PM   #105
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

I was really surprised Berry appeared in the last episode. Throughout I kept on thinking "Why is he named Barry? I've never heard of two one-time characters with the same name pronunciation...."

Then when I noticed the macaroni statue, I thought it was just that "Barry" was insane over Bloo, and it was just a joke/reference to older episodes.

But then, when Berry appeared.... oh the irony, the irony.

Anywhoosen, I still can't believe she tried to run into Mac's head with a train. That is one love-crazy, two-foot tall, evil mastermind.
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:11 PM   #106
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

Seeing Berry again in AWF made me rediculously happy. ^^

Have I ever commented on how h00j some posts are on this forum are? Y'ALL MAKE IT HARD TO CATCH UP ON THINGS. >.< Please note that my annoyance is coupled with joy, as they're fun to read anyway. ^^

Both views are interesting. I think, however, that she's just a funny, obsessive villain character that's fun to watch. Maybe more thought than that was put into her character from her very beginning, but I wouldn't know. We'd have to ask the Foster's crew to really find out. Until then, we can each be content with what we have come up with ourselves.

On another note, anyone wanna see the new Berry video I made? I'd put it in the Fan Creations board...But I'm just too lazy. ^^
Berry is Cute

Points to you if you like Animaniacs. Why? Because I said so.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:30 PM   #107
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 View Post
P.S. What's AWF? I'm a little clueless...
"Affair Weather Friends". When you see someone using initials and you don't know what they mean, first try to see if they could stand for an episode name.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:28 PM   #108
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornwhistle View Post
Wouldn't it be scary if Berry had a crush on Wilt?
"You love that retarded brown rubber ball more than ME!!"

antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:13 PM   #109
Tora Yakari
Newly Abandoned
Berry Fanatic  

Send a message via AIM to Tora Yakari Send a message via MSN to Tora Yakari Send a message via Yahoo to Tora Yakari

Late poster is late. %D
BUT HI I'M TORA, NICE TO MEET YOU ALL. RAWR.
So I guess I'll give my thoughts.

When I first saw Berry Scary the first thing I thought was that Bloo and Berry would make the cutest couple ever. XD But as I watched the episode over and over again I just started to realize how kick ass Berry just was in general. I as loved adorable or innocent looking characters that deep down will evil, insane or homicidal. So she became my favorite character, and patiently waited for her return.
I must say, Affair Weather Friends was a pretty awesome comeback for her. She's definitely got smart under all that crazy, as she managed to break into the Bling mansion, tie up and lock away the real Barry and his family, fool the servants/butlers/anyone else who had association with the Blings in order to use their resources. That's pretty amazing she managed to do that.
It just proves how more insane she is. XD Though, I did wonder.... would Berry be nearly this crazy if she weren't in love with Bloo? Most of her insanity and actions upon that seem to caused by Bloo. So that leaves us with the thought... was Berry ALWAYS insane? Or did she just one day go crazy, possibly because of Bloo?

Maybe, but I also have a theory about Berry's creation. I think she was created by a kid who belonged to a rich family, and along with her kid, was forced to be kind, sweet, polite, and proper all the time. However this wasn't Berry's real nature, as the kid created her so they'd have a friend to get away from all the fancy and proper stuff they were forced to do on the daily basis. Eventually this drove Berry completely mad and either 1 of 2 things happened:
1) She was kicked out by the family because they figured she'd gone nuts
2) She went completely psycho and killed the family. Obviously if this happen she must've created the perfect murder crime, through alot of careful planning, much like the Bling caper. That or the police would never believe a "cute, sweet" little imaginary friend like her would kill her own family.
So I think she was always crazy, but it might be interesting to think it was Bloo's fault she went off the deep end. XD

But holy crap, I talk too much. As Wilt would say, "Sorry, is that okay?"
Hope to be on these forums more, especially once and I get me and my friend Kevin's "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends: The Abridged Series" up and running. ; )

Kisses,
~Tora <3
Tora Yakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:01 PM   #110
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
"Affair Weather Friends". When you see someone using initials and you don't know what they mean, first try to see if they could stand for an episode name.
Oh, okay. Thank you Sparky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
"You love that retarded brown rubber ball more than ME!!"

I can see that one coming from Berry!
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote