Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:18 PM   #1
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk
Default This Year Halloween Is In August

Who are the ad wizards who came up with this one?

As you probably know, musician-director Rob Zombie, has made a remake/prequel to the horror classic Halloween. Starring former WWE wrestler Tyler Mane, this version will feature how Michael Myers came to be the terror of Haddonfield, Illinois.

Now this movie has gotten a lot of slack for its reinterpretation of Myers appearance and the demystification of the character. But it also has received kudos in casting Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Loomis. Who by the way is the only reason I'm choosing to see this movie.

But the real gripe I have with this film is its release date, August 31st. A movie called Halloween is released two months before its namesake holiday. Crowding a season has never been a problem to Hollywood before, why worry now? It's only real competition in the genre would be Saw IV and 30 Days of night. And it wouldn't take a genuis to realize that even the most tepid of remakes would beat out a series that even the most stalwart of fans say should've ended last year. Also putting it out on Labor Day weekend makes it reek of August dumping ground fodder. Movies that weren't good enough to make it anywhere else during the summer.

So what do you have to say to this odd scheduling of events. Brilliant strategy, massive mistake, or just a harmless choice of the only weekend left open?
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:08 PM   #2
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

They're making Saw IV? I thought it was up to Saw 990,96433.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
floppynoodleson666
Newly Abandoned

I don't like most new horror films, but I do like Rob Zombie's films. I also never cared for the older Halloween movies. I probably will never see this.
floppynoodleson666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:46 AM   #4
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

XD I probably will... I'll give anything a chance. Sometimes that does turn out to be a mistake, but eh, you win some, you lose some.

I still need to see Cannibal Corpse Riot! when it comes out if it hasn't already... lol, it's hard to find news on it.

I will see it Saw IV, but I'm not sure how I feel about it... I mean seriously, how are they going to pull this off given the third one's ending if it's not a prequel?