Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party!

Notices

Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party! Topics relating to the year-long game at awesomehouseparty.com belong here.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:09 PM   #31
Mac64
Newly Abandoned

Yup! Having that problem too. It just started last week.
Mac64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:56 AM   #32
J@ro_Link
Newly Abandoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesMom View Post
"This Shockwave movie has errors that have caused playback problems. Please contact the author of the content re: this problem. Shockwave is unable to continue."
I have the exact same error. But this happened to me for the first time since the game started (that's when I began to play).

In my case it happened after I finished an adventure with Bloo. The picture showed up and when i wanted to click continue the error pooped out. I tested this only on Firefox

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
J@ro_Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #33
I LIKE CEREAL!DD
Newly Abandoned

Weeeeeeeeeeee.......  

same for me...and I only have 1 more bar part to need to go on a adventure with bloo!
I LIKE CEREAL!DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:18 PM   #34
Spanto
Newly Abandoned
Papitas, papitas, papitas, me gustan doraditas  

Default Shokwave Problem (I think)

Today, I was doing one of Bloo's mission (the one of the virtual game), and when I get the photo and clic continou, the page closes. Did this happen to anybody? (Sorry for my English, I'm from Argentina)

Last edited by Spanto; 06-27-2007 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Adding
Spanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #35
lisaframe
Newly Abandoned

I have been having the same problem since yesterday. I go to click on continue after they display the photo and I get a shockwave error.
lisaframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:52 PM   #36
J@ro_Link
Newly Abandoned

I'll try later to reinstall Shockwave and check it on IE and I'll post the results.
J@ro_Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #37
bugg
Newly Abandoned

Exclamation Adventure Problem!!!

I'm on an adventure with Bloo (the virtual reality helmet), and I've finished it - I bring him the last item he needs, some pictures, - so i give him the item, he goes through his little speel, says 'adventure complete' and the full screen pic of the adventure pops up - but when I hit Z or click continue I get a pop up that says:
"This Shockwave movie has errors that have caused playback problems. Please contact the author of this content regarding this problem. Shockwave is unable to continue."
I tried this a few times in netscape, waited a few hours and tried again, and just now tried it in mozilla - nothing's working!

Has anybody else run into this? Is there anything at all I can do?

I can't do any favors because I'm on an adventure, and I can't cancel the adventure because when I log in I already have the last item, the only choice I have is to give it to Bloo.

Help Please!!
bugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:27 PM   #38
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

PLEASE POST ALL SHOCKWAVE ETC. PROBLEMS IN THE OFFICIAL ERROR THREAD.

Sorry for the allcaps but some people are having trouble comprehending that I want all these errors that everyone is getting recently discussed in one thread instead of a million different ones.

Thank you. Merging threads. (Again.)
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:29 PM   #39
Vicks
At Home

This is nothing new! We've been talking about this ever since Day 1 of the June Update!! Please read existing threads to find out as much as you can before you post!

Trust me, uninstalling and reinstalling Shockwave is NOT the solution! It's not a Shockwave problem. It's a problem with the movie that uses the Shockwave software. For some reason it isn't able to load properly and play. Until CN fixes that, looks like we're out of luck. Until someone figures out what we can do, sit tight and hope that the errors go away. Unfortunately for me, the errors are STILL there, haven't gone away, even for once.

Please! If anyone has any knowledge of Shockwave and what could possibly help us in this, please post your insight. We'd all be eternally grateful!!
~Vicks
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:10 PM   #40
montitech
Foster's Legend

From my experienec it seems to be more of a programming side from the game developer. like its been said before clearing cache and reinstalls of shockwave typically have no effect. one account login works and the next on the same machine does not.

The problems we experience as players has changed a bit since last summer when the big issues were happening. and the game communicated differently than it use to. from the symptoms I have seen it would appear that the problem is on the server side and not on our client side. thus there is nothing good or reliable we can do to fix the issue.

I found when I have an issue, usually I can log in using one of my other accounts to BFAHP.

Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
This is nothing new! We've been talking about this ever since Day 1 of the June Update!! Please read existing threads to find out as much as you can before you post!

Trust me, uninstalling and reinstalling Shockwave is NOT the solution! It's not a Shockwave problem. It's a problem with the movie that uses the Shockwave software. For some reason it isn't able to load properly and play. Until CN fixes that, looks like we're out of luck. Until someone figures out what we can do, sit tight and hope that the errors go away. Unfortunately for me, the errors are STILL there, haven't gone away, even for once.

Please! If anyone has any knowledge of Shockwave and what could possibly help us in this, please post your insight. We'd all be eternally grateful!!
~Vicks
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote