Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > The Company Store

Notices

The Company Store Sell your soul - I mean, discuss *official* licensed Foster's merchandise here.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:05 PM   #31
AprilDawn
Settling In
"I need...PIZZA!!"  

Send a message via AIM to AprilDawn Send a message via Yahoo to AprilDawn

Considering the actual release of the FIRST dvd, Im expecting this one to be released more like around November... :/
Old 05-21-2007, 11:02 PM   #32
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
I can only imagine how annoying that must have been.

I've just completed all my essay work for the term (all jumping for joy, however, will have to wait for several hours - right now I'm much too physically, mentally and emotionally fatigued to even sit up right ), and I had promised myself that once I'd done so I would reward myself by ordering in the Foster's DVD. As you say, there's still no sign of any R2 releases on the horizon, so I guess it's time to pull up my sleeves and embrace the ways of the R1. I only hope I have a bit more luck with the importing process. Cheyenne Autumn? Eh, I think I'll pass for now.
All told, it was a tad vexatious, yes. What irritates me most is that it was clearly just a clumsy mistake on their part rather than any kind of misunderstanding; all of the documentation and correspondence from them had the correct DVD title on it, so it's obvious that the mix-up was simply due to some underpaid packaging monkey sticking the wrong bloody disc in the box. The inconvenience of it all was increased by the fact I'm in China, too, because I told my family to send the DVD on to me as soon as it arrived, which they did; it was only when they spoke to me a day later and asked why I had ordered a copy of "some western" that I realised that I would be waiting for two weeks to collect a package containing a DVD that I didn't actually want. The real killer here is that I now can't even get the damn thing refunded or exchanged, because I'd have to send back this DVD first, which I can't, because a) the order documentation that I'm supposed to include is back in the UK, most likely in the rubbish by now, b) after the time it took for the DVD to get from the US to the UK, and then from the UK to China, to send it all the way back to the US again would put me well outside the 30 day returns period the company offers, and c) the postage costs of mailing said DVD back to the US would probably come to more than I paid for the original DVD in the first place. So I'm stuck here with Cheyenne bloody Autumn.

*deep breath*

Uh, but don't let that put you off the whole importing thing! Seriously though, it does look like the only feasible way of getting hold of a lot of these types of shows; most of the shows I've been watching this year (Foster's, Powerpuff, The Batman, Teen Titans) are R1 only, so I'm planning some large-scale importing when I get back home. Just don't shop with "DVD Legacy UK"...especially if you're in China.

PS - Oh, and I would say Goo's a lock for the Season Three cover, especially given the awards recognition the episode got, as B2dM rightly points out. Though I must confess - I would actually find it kind of funny, in a very perverse, misanthropic, self-hating way, if Goofball got put on the cover of the DVD. I mean, it's well known that everybody loathes the guy; putting him on the cover would be intentionally doing the one thing that they know would irritate the fanbase the most, kind of the polar opposite of fanservice, and I find that to be conceptually quite intriguing...

PPS - I'm only kidding.
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:34 AM   #33
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Alright! I've been waiting for news about the season 2 dvd. Summer is going be be a looooong time to wait through.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:39 PM   #34
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

According to Amazon.com there will also be a set consisting of both Seasons one and two in September. Just noticed that. (Here is the link to the plain Season two set.) I'm so sorry if this has already been mentioned, if so I forgot.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:12 PM   #35
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

An item with both seasons? Interesting. I'll definitely be pre-ordering the second season soon. Thanks for the links.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:55 PM   #36
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

And if I put my money where my mouth is, that commentary will be for "Mac Daddy" with Mac, Bloo and Cheese!

In case you didn't see it, here's the cover art, subject to change.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

Last edited by bloonuggets; 05-26-2007 at 04:05 PM.
bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:45 PM   #37
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I hope "Mac Daddy" get the character commentary too. But I'm not sure if Mac, Bloo and Cheese would be a solid trio for it. I could see Franky passably taking part because she had a strong presence in two of the four cheese episodes. And I think Frankie helps give a sense of stability.
I wouldn't mind Mr.Hariman being a part of it since he's been rather absent in the later episodes. But Mac, Bloo and Cheese are definitely the most logical three to be in the commentary. Maybe Louise will be in it too. Maybe it could be Mac trying to show her how much trouble Cheese gets into when he gets loose and she should keep a better eye on him. Either way, I think you're putting your money on the right hoarse, Bloonuggets.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:47 PM   #38
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

I'd love to see what Keith, Sean and Candi do with this one.

UPDATE: I e-mailed Candi on that, and asked they were locked away to do the commentary. Answer soon...I hope!

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

Last edited by bloonuggets; 05-27-2007 at 07:56 PM.
bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:36 AM   #39
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

That's cool. I hope you get a reply from her. I'm probably going to pre-order this one this time so I don't have to wait for Amazon to restock like they did with season one.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:41 AM   #40
Starsky
Settling In
Boys becoming men, men becoming wolves!  

Final cover:

Guess it's either the inside of the DVD without the cardboard sleeve, or the whole concept has been dropped. Here's hoping it's the former.
Starsky is offline   Reply With Quote