Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:25 PM   #81
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I'm really not familar with Wikia, never been there to be honest, but if you need me to send them an email or something and show them how popular my site and forum(s) is, let me know. Are you sure an email-writing campaign won't do any good? I'm sure we'd all help.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:26 PM   #82
Master Knight DH
Newly Abandoned

According to the statistics on the Cartoons Wikia, there are less than 100 articles total. That's pretty bad. I'm thinking putting Foster's info on there would be a gamble.

We can always try the Proposed Wikis.

(I'm actually posting to bump the topic.)

Last edited by Master Knight DH; 08-31-2006 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Saying actual reason for posting.
Master Knight DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:08 AM   #83
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

Well, because there are so few articles, we had the idea that if we do post it, it should get popular pretty quick (if we do the whole everyone visits it once a day thing).

It seems like this thread's been dead for a day or two, so let's keep on working so we can get the job done!!!

-Marty
Old 09-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #84
rukift
At Home

So wait, what exactly do you need us to do? I'll do it, whatever it is. *dork*
rukift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:27 AM   #85
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Well I'd offer my services but you guys seem fine.

Oh well. Too late.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:51 AM   #86
lucyrocks73

Okay, I'm sorry for not getting a lot done in the past week or so, but things have been hectic with high school starting and just everything.

But, I'm back.

I think that we should actually start writing the articles. But before we assign who writes what, I think we shoud make a list of all of the pages.

So far I have:
  • Wilt
  • Coco
  • Eduardo
  • Mac
  • Bloo
  • Terrence
  • Goo
  • Frankie
  • Mr. Herriman
  • Madame Foster
  • Minor Characters (like Jackie Khones, Creaky Pete, etc.)
  • Cheese
  • The house itself
  • Mac's Apartment
  • Pages for every episode

And since I'm an idiot, I probably forgot someone or something. If there are any pages you think we should add, tell me.

Right there, that's... sixty-three pages (my math is probably wrong... my worst subject, of course), counting all the upcoming episodes.

So we've got some work to do.

-Marty
Old 09-22-2006, 01:49 PM   #87
Master Knight DH
Newly Abandoned

The good thing about having a Wikia would be that it's not as restrictive as Wikipedia. Original research for example is more welcome.

Like I said, we can have a Mini Wiki set up on the Scratchpad. I think Templates are allowed too, in case they become needed.

(Breathing life into this topic, in case you couldn't tell.)
Master Knight DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #88
lucyrocks73

Wow. I completely forgot about this, and it looks like I was really involved with it.

Anyone still interested in this? As we've (*obviously*) seen, I'm too busy to do much and I'd probably forget, anyway.

If anyone is, lets see if we can get this organized again.

-Marty
Old 07-08-2007, 06:01 AM   #89
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

What I'd really like to see for a wikia is something that makes people want to actually watch the show. I've seen pages written on the Foster's episode guide things that made me go "urgh" because all those did were list the details in flat, monotonic form, and it told me EVERYTHING. If the episodes or shorts have surprise endings I rather not have them revealed, like in "Truth or Stare", the person who wrote the blurb gave it away that Mac was staring down a cardboard Bloo and I totally didn't find the short that interesting afterwards cos I knew what was going to happen.

So, just my opinion, but if anyone is going to write an episode guide or a blurb or something, don't completely give everything away.

Another thing that would be interesting would be a list of merchandise produced (I had no idea they were doing comics nor the range of figurines produced until I came here, and when I saw the scans/photos I got really high.) or a list of all the minor characters, or just mere pictures, if any data of them is given at all. I'm obsessed with minor characters, like Sharkhead and Purple from "Bloo's the Boss" or Imaginary Man and Nemesis from "Challenge of the Imaginary Friends", stuff like that. If it helps I can take screencaps or something (though since Sparky already has an entire database I don't think I'd be of any help in this area >>; )

I'm not sure if this would be useful/of any point, but would a trivia page fit in the wikia somewhere? I was rewatching House of Bloo's when I noticed stuff like continuity errors, such as Scissors being more or less sized like a pair of scissors now; when he was introduced he was nearly as big as Frankie. Jackie Khones as well, was about Coco's size.

...that probably wasn't a lot of help, was it. ._.
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:23 AM   #90
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Actually a Goofs/Trivia page wouldn't be too bad.

Only thing is (I think) the idea got abandoned sometime ago by the n00by admins of Wikia.