Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Old 08-30-2006, 04:18 AM   #21
Dude13
Settling In
Cruising through life without a single clue...  

Frankie can hug Mac, but only if she wraps her arms around his body.....ha, I never took the poor little guy's head in as a factor before though, so that still has to cause some kind of difficulty for the two.

Interesting point you have there relating my stories to the Monty Python style of comedy. Of course, I won't disagree at all, considering the ludicrous situations I create for the characters, which range from dealing to fear of turkeys to getting jammed inside a laundry chute. Good point you have there!

.....Although now methinks Frankie and Mac are going to do a lot less hugging in future works.....that, or I'll feel a little weird about it every time I have them do it.
Dude13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:54 AM   #22
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Well, I mean, even if she does hug him around the torso it's gotta hurt his neck, keeping his head out of the way and all. See, this is one of the reasons the media are so incongrous.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:31 PM   #23
Dude13
Settling In

You're right, no matter what, it does unfortunately get in the way. There's even cold-hard evidence for that too - when she hugs him out of relief in "Store Wars", it's a pretty awkward-looking embrace, as it is when she carries him about when they flee into hiding to escape mall security.

Ack, his head gets in the way no matter what.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:54 PM   #24
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

Hehe...

Guess who also has a large head?

(*Marty starts to sing show tunes*)

"YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN! YOU'RE THE KIND OF REMINDER WE NEED... YOU HAVE HUMILITY, NOBILITY, AND A SENSE OF HONOR THAT IS

VERY
RARE
INDEED!!!"

(*whistles innocently*)

Let us compare the size of Good Ol' Charlie Brown's head and Mac's head (although I think we are getting fearfully off-topic now)...

Charlie Brown:

Mac:

Well, it depends if you think circles or squares are bigger...

And to get back on topic, Dude13, I will have a rough draft of chapter sixteen to you by tomorrow...

-Marty
Old 08-30-2006, 06:34 PM   #25
Dude13
Settling In

Not to be hard on poor little Mac, but to be frank, Charlie Brown's head seems to be more in proportion to his body, while Mac....um, doesn't exactly enjoy that same luxury.

And what do you mean we're getting fearfully off-topic? If anything, this is exactly the kind of issue we need to deal with here. For example, this quote from chapter ninteen of "More Than My Friend/Falling Apart":

Immediately the boy snuggled contentedly into her embrace, throwing his arms around her and nestling his head inside the crook of the girl?s neck

Now that I read over that, I wonder; how on earth is Mac's head going to fit in there? Is Frankie's neck long enough to accomodate it?

Maybe........

Then again, maybe it's not that big of a problem. Or at least the hugging issue isn't that bad, seeing that Frankie has some experience holding creatures with oversized heads:

Let's be honest, Cheese's head-to-body ratio is grossly disproportionate. But if Frankie can handle that, as seen here, maybe simply giving Mac a hug isn't a big a challenge as we originally though it to be.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:43 AM   #26
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

Hey, I am a Peanuts fan extrordinare!!! Well, I guess you're right about Chuck's head... but not when he was younger!!!

(*searches internet fo pics of Charlie Brown in the 50's*)

Er... well, this isn't the best pic, but I don't have time to scan my huge collection of Peanuts books.

(*wallows in shame*)

Just kidding... Yeah, think Mac I definately has a larger head...

What is it with Craig McCracken and characters with large heads?

(*speeds off to find another picture*)

Okay, here's Mojo Jojo... I have a t-shirt with him on it somewhere from when I was eight...

Once again, I don't think any of this proves any point.

Weeeeeeeeee... But putting random pictures on the forum is FUN!!!

-Marty
Old 08-31-2006, 04:39 AM   #27
Dude13
Settling In

Whoa! Old Charlie Brown and Mac definitely share the same unfortunate issue of an oversized head. Mojo Jojo suffers from a similar ailment, but not to the extent that Mac does. True, that crazy monky does possess a grossly undersized waist and lower body, but Mac's head is more or less practically the same size of the rest of his body.

Honestly though, over half of my stories I have Frankie and Mac hugging or something, but now it's really bothering me....how is she managing to pull that off?

That eight-year-old has a skull wider than a twenty-two-year-old's entire body!
Old 08-31-2006, 05:18 AM   #28
ch3353-h4xx0rrrr
Permanent Resident
And it's Goo!  

Well, PBL, in the... second long story, I think, it's revealed that Frankie always thought of Wilt as her imaginary friend. And Wilt always considered Frankie his Kid.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:25 PM   #29
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Well also keep in mind that children do have larger heads in proportion to body size than adults. And yes, this is a fairly common style. I mean, have you guys seen Calvin? (The kid, here. Blake Superior and Richie were loosely based off of Calvin and Hobbes, who are like Mac and Bloo, just different parts to each of them. You have to read the comic.)

Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:34 PM   #30
Dude13
Settling In

Ha, I'm definitely no stranger to that particular little kid and his beloved tiger, as proven by the complete collection of the comics up in my room.

Well, at least we've proven that disproportionate is no exclusive problem for cartoon children, rather it is extremely common.

Although that's not exactly going to make Frankie's ability to hug Mac any easier...