Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Was GWH worth all the hype? Grade the movie.
A 85 78.70%
B 18 16.67%
C 5 4.63%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2007, 01:47 AM   #231
Bride_Of_Lister
Newly Abandoned
Permanently Distracted  

Send a message via MSN to Bride_Of_Lister

Just as a heads up for Aussie Foster's fans, Good Wilt Hunting will be shown on a Friday in March on Cartoon Network. (don't know exactly when yet)

Last edited by Bride_Of_Lister; 02-27-2007 at 01:50 AM.
Bride_Of_Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #232
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

I really liked the movie. It was both one of the saddest and happiest things to come out of the series.
Ridureyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:57 PM   #233
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I agree. So many emotions in that great movie. There were many laughs, and many sad moments.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:58 PM   #234
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Yes, and many fuzzy moments, as well.

This movie makes me want to just hug everyone.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:32 AM   #235
Jetbaby
Newly Abandoned

Sorry...is that okay?  

I thought it was terribly sweet and revelatory. What a great character study for Wilt; it's already been touched upon in "Where there's a Wilt...", but I love seeing how he's often the victim of his own niceness.

Also, I'd kill to have one of those paintings from the lawnmower sequence.
Jetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:47 AM   #236
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetbaby View Post
I thought it was terribly sweet and revelatory. What a great character study for Wilt; it's already been touched upon in "Where there's a Wilt...", but I love seeing how he's often the victim of his own niceness.

Also, I'd kill to have one of those paintings from the lawnmower sequence.
Those would probably sell really well as prints, wouldn't they? I know I'd love to have one, signed by the show's creators. I thought that it would also make a nice little parody of the "West Coast Choppers" logo, only with something like "Midwest Lawnmowers", lol!

This past Saturday, I actually saw a riding lawn mower for sale outside the highway, that was painted in custom hod rod flames! Bet Wilt would have gotten a kick out of that, although Mac and Bloo might have had some bad memories of a certain soapbox car ride down that big hill! Nope, the mower didn't have any bunnies, just hot rod flames!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:48 AM   #237
BunnyCheese
Newly Abandoned
I like cholate milk             

When I saw the movie I cried very much for everything it's tender, sweet, sad and happy. excellent movie, I am useful of appearing =) I'm new

Last edited by BunnyCheese; 03-20-2007 at 11:49 AM.
BunnyCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:23 AM   #238
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Okay, loved D&A, Ed & Nina, etc, but there's two things I can actually ADD to this conversation, that I think hasn't been so far:

1: Mac and Bloo were used WELL. I know they're the main characters, but not every episode has focus intensely on them. They work well as background characters, too, especially Bloo. BTW, I loved the Coco scenes. I think they used her better here than in most episodes.

2: Foul Larry.

I wanna give an alternate perspective to just "he was a jerk". One which helps explain his sudden turnaround at the movie's end. Yes, he was made to beat Wilt. But after that? He was abandoned. He wa still living on the streets, proably for 30 YEARS when Wilt returned. Challenging Wilt was his way of reliving his glory days. During that time he was abandoned he probably softened up a bit, since he was treated badly by his creator, he may have seen something of that in himself and wanted to change. But Wilt is his rival, and he's gotta beat him.

Note, that during the match, even though he knocks Wilt down, he helps him up again at one point, because it's about beating him, not just pummelling him. Being the best is all Larry had left. Also, I saw a little attnetion seeking about him: "What'd I do? What'd I do?", showboating for the crowd.

Finally, seeing Wilt reunited with his creator was touching for him, since it was obvious he still missed his. And then he went to live at Fosters, cause, given the chance, wouldn't we all?

So, he wasn't all bad. He was cheating, selfish, and abusive, but I think he was mostly lonely and frustrated by being abandoned by his only friend. I hope they show Foul Larry in future episodes, cause he'd be an interesting and drama-conductive character, and I kinda hope things turn out for him. He kinda reminds me of a real freind of mine.

Yes, I have freinds. What are you implying?
Old 11-25-2007, 08:59 PM   #239
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17
Thumbs up

Well, guys, since I've finally seen GWH (this Thanksgiving RULED!), I can finally put my opinion out there: I liked GWH. It was an extremely well-written, well-acted and well-executed episode.

The whole plotline worked very well for me. In case you can't tell * points to username... * I'm a huge Wilt fan, so a major episode focusing on him was gonna be good for me. The idea here-- Wilt looking for his creator and trying to set some things from his past straight-- was brilliant. Nothing in the story really slowed it down-- everything did the two things Kurt Vonnegut suggested should do for a story: reveal character and/or advance plot. The plays on words (ahem, Lawn Ranger) were classic. Kudos to the episode writer here!

The acting was great. The emotion and humor were great, and every line was great. Now that I finally know what the heck the "Cwithmuth?" line is about, it's possibly the greatest line Phil LaMarr ever said for Wilt. Period-- adorable all the way around. (I write quotes on the SubWay cup I drink from at work, and "Cwithuth?" made the cup yesterday and today.) I'd also like to say that I really enjoyed Foul Larry's voice-- yeah, the character was a bit of a jerk, but I liked listening to his voice. Who played him? (Sounded familiar...) Everyone else here was great, too.

In all, the art, acting-- the whole 3.3 yards (ten feet-- Wilt's height! )-- was amazing and touching. Final thoughts: in then end, I was just a teeny bit let down, in part because it was over () and in part because in my mind I was building GWH up to be a Shakesperian thing in one hour. But other than that:

NEW FAVORITE EPISODE!!!

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:15 AM   #240
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 View Post
Well, guys, since I've finally seen GWH (this Thanksgiving RULED!), I can finally put my opinion out there: I liked GWH. It was an extremely well-written, well-acted and well-executed episode.

The whole plotline worked very well for me. In case you can't tell * points to username... * I'm a huge Wilt fan, so a major episode focusing on him was gonna be good for me. The idea here-- Wilt looking for his creator and trying to set some things from his past straight-- was brilliant. Nothing in the story really slowed it down-- everything did the two things Kurt Vonnegut suggested should do for a story: reveal character and/or advance plot. The plays on words (ahem, Lawn Ranger) were classic. Kudos to the episode writer here!

The acting was great. The emotion and humor were great, and every line was great. Now that I finally know what the heck the "Cwithmuth?" line is about, it's possibly the greatest line Phil LaMarr ever said for Wilt. Period-- adorable all the way around. (I write quotes on the SubWay cup I drink from at work, and "Cwithuth?" made the cup yesterday and today.) I'd also like to say that I really enjoyed Foul Larry's voice-- yeah, the character was a bit of a jerk, but I liked listening to his voice. Who played him? (Sounded familiar...) Everyone else here was great, too.

In all, the art, acting-- the whole 3.3 yards (ten feet-- Wilt's height! )-- was amazing and touching. Final thoughts: in then end, I was just a teeny bit let down, in part because it was over () and in part because in my mind I was building GWH up to be a Shakesperian thing in one hour. But other than that:

NEW FAVORITE EPISODE!!!
Larry was voiced by Kevin Michael Richards, who also voiced that octopus dude that Goo dreamed up in "Make Believe It or Not", and is well-known for having voiced Capt. Gantu in both the "Lilo and Stitch" series on Disney Channel, and the wonderful movie which inspired it.

While it's true that the movie did reveal a lot about Wilt's character(now we know why he apologizes and is so obessed with upsetting others or letting them down), it also left enough doors still closed that there's still an aura of mystery surrounding him. We do not know when he finally got medical attention for that arm, or what surgeon eventually operated on it(and presumably his face, too), or how he survived during that eight-year period between him losing that game to Larry and winding up at Foster's(the photos in "The Big Picture" indicate he's been there for 22 years, and the game was 30 years ago).

One litttle nit-pick though-Wilt was NOT looking for his creator. He knew all along that his creator was Jordan Michaels; how could he NOT? He was bombarded with that name every time he looked in a sports magazine or turned on the tv, just as most of us are familiar with Jordan's namesake as a household name. He knew where he was, since all he had to do is check the internet like Mac did(and Wilt does seem to be quite computer literate). It wasn't Jordan he was going to find, but Larry, and not Jordan's forgiveness he was seeking so much, in spite of what he said near the end, but his OWN.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote