Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:37 AM   #11
HappyFoppy
This rank is six words long
STFU AND DANCE  

Send a message via MSN to HappyFoppy

Congrats!
HappyFoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:55 AM   #12
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I had no idea it was that tough to get a driver's license in Germany! I know that in the US, the minimum driver age varies from state-to-state, and it's only 15 here in South Carolina. We have a two-part test; one is a multiple-choice written test(now take on computer)that you must pass before you can even get a learner's permit, and the other is the actual test, where you go out for a drive with a State Trooper, who tells you what to do and scores how well(or not)you do it. A LOT of people in my state can't pass the first part, because so many cannot read on that level(which is like, a fifth grade level)well enough to understand the questions, or their reading comprehension is so low that even if they can read the words, they still don't know what they're being asked. Fortunately, I passed both tests easily when I was 15(boy that was a LONG time ago), since I learned to drive in my dad's 1972 International Scout(now THAT was an SUV), and if you could drive that thing, you could handle anything on wheels!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:58 AM   #13
Sievers
Newly Abandoned
I LOVE Frankie^^  

Send a message via AIM to Sievers

yeah,in germany there are these two part tests,too.
the first is the written test,and yeah,here it is with multiple choice,too
and the second is that driving test. but many people say it's hard to pass because here in germany are thousands of different rules. It give a big book called StVO (Strassenverkehrsordnung). It has thousand sites i think, maybe a bit more or less. in that book are all the rules written down.

But i don't believe that's only one person here you know all o them

and the minimum driver age here is 17. but it's quite stupid. when you want to make a driver license at an age of 17 and you pass it. then it's only allowed to drive when someone who had the license for longer than 5 years sit next to you. that's somekind of stupid i think.

the normal driver age it's been allowed to drive a car ALONE is 18 here

Last edited by Sievers; 02-22-2007 at 05:01 AM.
Sievers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:07 AM   #14
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sievers View Post
yeah,in germany there are these two part tests,too.
the first is the written test,and yeah,here it is with multiple choice,too
and the second is that driving test. but many people say it's hard to pass because here in germany are thousands of different rules. It give a big book called StVO (Strassenverkehrsordnung). It has thousand sites i think, maybe a bit more or less. in that book are all the rules written down.

But i don't believe that's only one person here you know all o them

and the minimum driver age here is 17. but it's quite stupid. when you want to make a driver license at an age of 17 and you pass it. then it's only allowed to drive when someone who had the license for longer than 5 years sit next to you. that's somekind of stupid i think.

the normal driver age it's been allowed to drive a car ALONE is 18 here

That's how it is in South Carolina, with the exception of the minimum age. The written test is based on a large driver's manual, which has all the signs and rules in it, and since most of the younger wannabe drivers can't read it, or won't take time to read it, and study it, they can't pass the written test. Afte getting a first license, you still cannot drive alone for one year, but must be accompanied by someone who has had a license for at least five years here, too, and you cannot drive after dark, period. After driving for one year, with no citations, you can finally drive alone.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:15 AM   #15
Sievers
Newly Abandoned
I LOVE Frankie^^  

wow,i have'nt known that there are so many things are the same

i've seen lots of the younger one's are failed the writen test,too.
most of them are just to lazy to learn hard for it. but then when they must doing the test. then they're in panic because they don't know anything. and it costs lots of money,too. i've paid for it 1800 Euro,maybe a little bit more. thats a bit more 2365 $
Old 02-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #16
idril
At Home

awesome!

i totally fear that i'd accidentally crash into a sign or run a red light the day i get my license. oh well, good luck and wear your seatbelt. SAFETY FIRST (8
idril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:23 AM   #17
Sievers
Newly Abandoned
I LOVE Frankie^^  

yeah,that was my fear,too
the first day,when drive without teacher scared me a bit, but now it goes........the most time