Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party!

Notices

Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party! Topics relating to the year-long game at awesomehouseparty.com belong here.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
montitech
Foster's Legend

Default Flash Errors and how I got by them

Well it looks like there are still issues with the newest Update (January)

these were wierd, on several different accounts I encountered flash errors and I would refresh the page to get back into the game and the error would still happen at the same spot. here are the desctiptions of how i got the flash content error and how I got around the error.

1) after game starts I went through the top door to get into the clock room and the error came up before the room appeared. this happened several times in arow, I tried login off and backon, no luck. To get past this error, I went through the Dinningroom->kitchen, then to the clock room. and this time I had no error.

2) on a different account, on bloos adventure, I entered Mr H office to get the clock and the clock was not there. THe ! was there, but no clock. when I pressed Z the game gave me a Flash error. I refreshed the page, and when I got back in, I went directly to bloo, and apperently I had the clock on me so I did not need to go back to the Office, and I finished the adventure and my chourse error free from there on.

3)on another account, doing bloos adventure, Every time I enter Mr H office, the room will come up, and then before I could move I recieved a Flash error. I tried refreshing, loging off and back in, as well as restarting bloos adventure all without any results. I finaly fixed this by going to bloo and canceling the adventure, then going Mr H office when not on the adventure, this worked so I went and restarted the adventure and it worked fine this time.

In summary, the errors I experienced Seemed to be a form of Dangling Pointers, a common issue in a dynamic porgram. and the way I got arround them was to do things that would force the game to re-establish these links in a different manner, instead of using the existing cached ones. in the first example my problem was entering the Clock room so I used a different door. in the third example, the issue was most likely on the Clock so by canceling the adventure and entering the office, the game had to reset the office object for without the clock, thus by restarting bloos adventure it was able to fix the issue.

Naturally since I do not know shockwave I am only speculating as to the real problem but at least I got arround the problems today. Hope this helps someone.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
Zim999
Newly Abandoned

This is what's happening to me anyone else? Cause I can't even get to the start up lobby.
Zim999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:08 PM   #3
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim999 View Post
This is what's happening to me anyone else? Cause I can't even get to the start up lobby.
Did you try clearing your Cache??

Monty
Old 01-08-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
Zim999
Newly Abandoned

How do I do that?
Old 01-08-2007, 03:34 PM   #5
podpazie
Newly Abandoned
I got a Coupon  

I was there earlier today (about 10am ish central) and there was no update
podpazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #6
Vicks
At Home

I couldn't get favors to work on anyone. Since I was able to do an adventure with Bloo after I finished my chores, I got all but the last space on my popularity bar filled. Either I've got to wait til tomorrow (which will make me off, like I accidentally did before) or hopefully I can get it to work today. We'll see....
~Vicks
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #7
Vicks
At Home

Clearing my cache didn't work. So I don't know what I need to do so I can do a favor today, so I'm not messed up on both our accounts.

I guess oh well for now. lol
~Vicks

Zim~ to clear your cache (cookies and temp internet files and such) do this:
Open Internet Explorer
Click on Tools
Click on Internet Options (last option on the list)
A pop-up screen will show up. In the middle section it will say Temporary Internet Files, and will have 3 buttons to click.
Click on Delete Cookies
Click on Delete Files
Click Okay and you're done. :bloogrin
Hope that helps!
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:50 PM   #8
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
I couldn't get favors to work on anyone. Since I was able to do an adventure with Bloo after I finished my chores, I got all but the last space on my popularity bar filled. Either I've got to wait til tomorrow (which will make me off, like I accidentally did before) or hopefully I can get it to work today. We'll see....
~Vicks
you cannot do a favor if your favor bar is filled.
I try to always finish my day at BFAHP with 3 favors and one free space just in case I do all my chours without calling a friend I will always be able to do A favor.

There is an older thread about clearing the Shockwave cache( it is through a tool on Adoby's site.) I have not had any sucess with clearing Caches it never fixed issues when I played, but I thought I would through out that option.

Monty
Old 01-09-2007, 03:18 AM   #9
hermessiu
Newly Abandoned
Darth Semreh  

I often receive error message about "playback problem" when doing favors or adventures with eduardo
hermessiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:35 AM   #10
Zim999
Newly Abandoned

I'm still getting the same error just cause of my shockwave.