Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:26 AM   #91
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Thanks for the comment on the icon/avatar. I guess I need to put the original up on DA. I made this on copier paper during class at one of my schools, using crayon and Crayola markers-not the most sophisticated of art supplies, but all we have available on my current budget(the school district refuses to pay for art supplies, so the teachers have to buy 100% of student art supplies with our own money, which sucks). It actually shows Wilt being "kissed" by an adult red-nosed Pit Bull, and I originally intended it to be a sort of anti-BSL statement, to show that Pit Bulls are NOT all blood-thirsty killer monsters with 666 branded onto their foreheads as the news media would have everyone believe.

pitbulllady
Yes, I would comment on it on DA, but it's being a butt to comment. It's cutting off the text bar, and there's no submit button, AND when you press enter, it just starts a new line. Pathetic.

Another thing, if the answer is "NO", then they HAVE to keep Wilt in the show, no matter what happens. Then he HAS to still live at Foster's, otherwise the show'll not be the same as it was when he was there. I mean, without Wilt around, the "puzzle" of Foster's isn't "complete", one piece is missing. To me, he "completes" the home. So, if he's gonna be gone for good, the show'll "jump the shark" right after "Good Wilt Hunting". Even people who DON'T like Wilt may feel that the show just "isn't the same" after he's gone.

Last edited by antgirl1; 08-26-2006 at 09:34 AM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:30 PM   #92
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

"Frankie My Dear" was a very good episode, and Wilt made no appearance in it at all, so I think the show can work without him. Don't take that as an attack on the tall red dude; it's not. I'd miss him, and it wouldn't be the same show without him, but it would still work for a lot of people, me included.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 08-26-2006 at 12:39 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #93
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I agree with Cassini. However, I don't believe Wilt will depart from the show after "Good Wilt Hunting." I can't see that happening. As soon as November arrives, we'll soon find out.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:51 PM   #94
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Wilt was the reason I started watching the show in the first place, and I'd stop watching if he left, seriously. I know that "Frankie My Dear" worked without him, BUT that was just ONE episode, and while single episodes can exist with or without certain main characters, to just delete that character from the entire show would be a disaster. "The Big LeBlooski" was a very funny and enjoyable episode for me, even though Frankie did not appear in it, not even once, and "Infernal Slumber" was even better, despite the fact that neither Frankie, Madame Foster or Mr. Herriman made an appearance in THAT episode. However, this does not by any means indicate that the show as a whole could go carry on just as well if Frankie, Madame Foster or Mr. Herriman were removed from the cast, and I really think that the quality would suffer to the extent that I'd still stop watching it. I would certainly NOT make any claim that the show would be just as good, or that it would "work for me", if Frankie left, based on a few episodes in which she did not appear, and I by no means am as fond of Frankie as some of the male forum members, even though she is my second favorite character.

Besides, if Wilt DID leave the show, Frankie would not be far behind, because without his help around the house and running errands, she would not be able to handle the stress and would soon break down. I don't even think that she has ever stopped and thought about just how indispensible Wilt is around the house.

pitbulllady

Last edited by pitbulllady; 08-26-2006 at 12:54 PM.
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:05 PM   #95
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

I don't think Wilt would ever be plucked from the cast and the Foster's Five would be indeed lacking without him, but I think the show could go on -- except maybe not, because 75% of the show's fanbase would stop watching. Also, one of the things that I love about Foster's is that there isn't really a "main" character (well, Mac and Bloo are sorta the focus, but you guys know I'm biased), and Bloo, Ed, Wilt, Coco, Frankie and so on are all equally important. Even if I don't like Wilt as much as I like Bloo, he still pulls his weight as a major character.

But if Bloo disappeared, I'd be singing a different tune (like maybe that one song from Titanic), so I guess I can't really talk.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:32 PM   #96
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Yeah, the show definitely wouldn't be the same if Wilt was taken out of the cast. For one thing, I've seen several people that absolutely HATED Foster's STILL say that they thought that Wilt was a good character, and that has to be saying a lot if someone that hates the show altogether is saying that. However, even if Wilt ever did happen to get adopted and leave Foster's I could still see them working it out to where he made a few appearances on it now and then. For example, say that he began to miss his friends at Foster's, his new kid notices that he misses them and tells him that they can go visit them every now and then. Although that would probably bump him down from a major character to a supporting character, it's still better than nothing, right?

But I don't really think we have anything to worry about because for some reason I'm 99 percent sure that he won't leave the show after GWH, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
"Frankie My Dear" was a very good episode, and Wilt made no appearance in it at all, so I think the show can work without him. Don't take that as an attack on the tall red dude; it's not. I'd miss him, and it wouldn't be the same show without him, but it would still work for a lot of people, me included.

You know, you've got a point there. It really WAS a very good episode with great humor and interesting characters even without Wilt. Bloo's Orlando get-up really had me rolling! But like PBL said, that was just one episode. It would be hard to tell what the others would be like without him.

Now as for me, Wilt, Coco, Eduardo AND Bloo were ALL the ones that actually got me watching this show. I don't think it'd be the same if any of them left the cast, really.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:53 PM   #97
ch3353-h4xx0rrrr
Permanent Resident
And it's Goo!  

Wilt won't leave.

Nope. Nope, nope, nope. -in denial-

GHASP! WHAT IF ALL THIS GOO STUFF IS LEADING UP TO GOO TAKING WILT'S PLACE?! -freaks out-

I like Goo and all, but Wilt is... irreplaceable. If he leaves, I'll send hate mail to my hero, Lauren Faust. It'll break my heart, but the show can't work without Wilt.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:55 PM   #98
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch3353-h4xx0rrrr View Post
GHASP! WHAT IF ALL THIS GOO STUFF IS LEADING UP TO GOO TAKING WILT'S PLACE?! -freaks out-
If that's the case I'm shutting off the TV and spending more time with my Sims.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:59 PM   #99
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

No but seriously, Wilt won't leave. It doesn't make any sense. It wouldn't be beneficial to anyone. And if Goo replaces him, I'll be a very sad panda indeed.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:04 PM   #100
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I really, seriously do not think that the show's creators would get rid of Wilt, or even cut way back on his appearances and reduce him to a supporting character who just pops in every now and then. They obviously know how popular Wilt is, and not just that, but how devoted his fans are, and that to get rid of him would be cutting off their noses to spite their own faces, so to speak. It would certainly not benefit the show, nor help the show maintain its own popularity, to eliminate a major character. I'd thought of the possibility that they could create a "spin-off" show about Wilt, but again, that would hurt Foster's, and break up a group dynamic that works really well, so it would not benefit anyone in the long run.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote