Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Rate Make Believe It Or Not
A 32 50.79%
B 23 36.51%
C 6 9.52%
D 1 1.59%
F 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2006, 05:04 AM   #101
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Uh, because Bloo wants all the attention in the whole world. He's an attention hog. Why? Because he thinks if he dosen't have the attention of everyone present he's not important.

Once again for all our sakes... IT'S JUST A CARTOON!!!!
Wow, you're going to get a lot of people irked with that comment, myself included. Clearly, some of us here don't feel this is JUST a cartoon, but rather a form of art and something we are huge fans of. Please don't say stuff like that. If you don't like these sort of discussions, simply don't get involved.

That being said, I do agree with your reasons about why Bloo acted like that, makes sense to me. I forget how much of an attention-moocher he is.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)

Last edited by LaBlooGirl; 11-21-2006 at 05:07 AM.
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:39 AM   #102
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Once again for all our sakes... IT'S JUST A CARTOON!!!!
Yes,it is just a cartoon, but like LaBlooGirl said, its also a form of art that many of us care deeply about. Not only that, but it's only natural for people to gain some form of emotional attachment to the characters they're viewing, especially if they've been watching these characters for the past two years. It's only right for people to feel irritation and uneasiness to see Bloo act the way he did because, as its been going, Bloo and Mac have been jumping down each other's throats WAY too much this season. I'm hoping there'll be a bit more reconciliation between the two next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Marshmallow
Mac proved he's just as good as Goo and it was nice to see Goo get HUMLBED for a change. What's even better was I thought it was a smart move to make Goo be apologetic about the whole issue and not gloat over the aliens capturing Mac and Bloo.

Had she let her ego get in the way, she probably would have gloated over her creations but as we saw, she showed true modesty by accepting responsibility for her mistakes and trying to fix things. Usually Goo doesn't get "knocked down a peg", so it was nice to see her bossyness take a break
I agree completely. Like I've said in other threads,I was hoping this episode would show a kind of "karmic turn-around" for Goo, who's life so far has otherwise seemed almost completely positive. It was the right move to show her apologetic for her mistakes and knocking her ego down a peg.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:38 AM   #103
bigdog
Newly Abandoned
The All-Out Fanatic  

I agree! It's amazing cartoon. It's different than other cartoons in that it can sometimes be much more satisfying than other cartoons. But it is still a cartoon.

I love this cartoon otherwise I wouldn't be registered here. But it remains a cartoon. And that's not a bad thing.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:11 AM   #104
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBlooGirl View Post
Wow, you're going to get a lot of people irked with that comment, myself included. Clearly, some of us here don't feel this is JUST a cartoon, but rather a form of art and something we are huge fans of. Please don't say stuff like that. If you don't like these sort of discussions, simply don't get involved.

That being said, I do agree with your reasons about why Bloo acted like that, makes sense to me. I forget how much of an attention-moocher he is.
I agree with you, LaBlooGirl. Saying "it's just a cartoon" really is a put-down to the series, the people who work VERY hard to create it, and the fans, by insinuating that just because this show is done in an animated medium, it's somehow inferior to live-action tv series, which it's not. People who watch theatrical movies often say things like, "it's just a tv show", to put down anything on tv; people who are into live theatrical productions say stuff like, "it's just a movie", to put down films. Being an animated series does not make Foster's any more or any less entertaining or thought-provoking than a non-animated series; the writing and acting on a series make the difference there, regardless of the medium in which the series is created.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:01 AM   #105
bigdog
Newly Abandoned
The All-Out Fanatic  

Did I say that?!? You're putting words in my mouth guys. I did not say that it's worse than live action. All I meant by it was to say that life goes on whether Bloo shut Mac out or not! Sheesh! I'm not insulting anyone. I thank the entire Foster's crew right down to the janitor who keeps the floors clean in the studio for providing me with an amazingly entertaining show. I'd rather watch Foster's than any TV show right now!

Stop flaming me and stop putting words in my mouth. I just wanted to remind you all that life goes on.

Last edited by bigdog; 11-21-2006 at 11:02 AM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:18 AM   #106
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Let's just chillax. No flaming is going on here that I can see, but I think bigdog meant not that Foster's is "just a cartoon" as opposed to live action but rather "just a cartoon" as opposed to real life, which it is. It is fictional, even though it's a wonderfully thought-provoking and entertaining show, and it really says something about the crew that we can have such intense love for their characters and intense hatred for others, and spend dozens of pages talking about them.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:20 AM   #107
bigdog
Newly Abandoned
The All-Out Fanatic  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
Let's just chillax. No flaming is going on here that I can see, but I think bigdog meant not that Foster's is "just a cartoon" as opposed to live action but rather "just a cartoon" as opposed to real life, which it is. It is fictional, even though it's a wonderfully thought-provoking and entertaining show, and it really says something about the crew that we can have such intense love for their characters and intense hatred for others, and spend dozens of pages talking about them.
Amen to that!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:28 AM   #108
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Did I say that?!? You're putting words in my mouth guys. I did not say that it's worse than live action. All I meant by it was to say that life goes on whether Bloo shut Mac out or not! Sheesh! I'm not insulting anyone. I thank the entire Foster's crew right down to the janitor who keeps the floors clean in the studio for providing me with an amazingly entertaining show. I'd rather watch Foster's than any TV show right now!

Stop flaming me and stop putting words in my mouth. I just wanted to remind you all that life goes on.
PBL wasn't flaming you, if you want to talk about over-reacting. We're just very passionate about the show! I can tell you like it too, but whether or not you think we're going overboard with our reactions to certain scenes could have been done better than writing in bold, capitalized letters, "IT'S JUST A CARTOON!!"

That's what I'm talking about.

But certainly there are no harsh feelings against you. Besides, you're entitled to your own opinion as well as anyone else, that I can't deny.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:32 AM   #109
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

I get what you mean... It was slightly rude to put that in capitals (because it kind of seems like you were shouting...)... But hey, you're right.

I'm not flaming you, because I do agree. It IS only a TV show, in some ways, because there is more happening in the world than just Foster's.

At the same time, it's not. This show means SO much to so many people. It has many devoted fans and an awesome crew... What more can the show need?

Not flaming you, just giving my two cents...

-Marty
Old 11-21-2006, 11:39 AM   #110
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

You see why I chose not to get into this discussion anymore? Keep it cool, guys. If you cannot, then please, avoid this topic. Thanks.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote