Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:35 PM   #41
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

It was (as I recall) Mighty Mister Titan, Johnny Cypher, Super President, Sam Bassett, Paddy Pelican, Rocket Rod, Dick Digit, and we were supposed to get Harry Happy but they ended the panel early to start the next one. We bought a seven disc set from Jerry of ALL the WCE shows, so now we have the 2 that were were missing.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:17 AM   #42
Natty
Settling In
I like las patatas!  

I was rudely awakened last night when I received a text-message, which read that Tom K. was at the con! It made me so happy, I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night!
Natty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:01 AM   #43
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Which Tom K.? In this case, it doesn't matter, because both Kane and Kenny are here for this year's Comic-Con.

Anyway, it was a really long Friday. I ran into Carl Greenblatt and Thurop Van Orman at my hotel's lobby. Got one photo taken. I went to two different Clone Wars panels, and I got to meet Dee Bradley Baker, and I saw Tom Kane again. It was a lot of fun. Spoke to Lori from CN (btw, Sparky, she wanted me to tell you that she said hi to you); she was doing portfolio reviews at Sails Pavilion. I met another friend earlier for the first time in person (she's from Sweden). Went to a TMNT panel. At the end, Ernie Reyes, Jr. made a surprise visit (for those familiar with the live-action films, he was Keno in TMNT2 in the 90s). Went to Lauren's booth, asked how things were going, and Tammy List was there (she's still working for CN). You might see Tammy helping Lauren out at the booth. At the end, I went to another panel (the SW Fan Film Awards). For those that went to WCE, sorry that I missed it (hated to choose between two events I liked). I hope it was great. I ate after the panel, and had Ghiradelli's (didn't drop any ice cream this time). That was pretty much it for Day 2. Day 3 may be the most difficult day for me to choose what I'll be doing that day. Wish me well.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:32 AM   #44
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
It was (as I recall) Mighty Mister Titan, Johnny Cypher, Super President, Sam Bassett, Paddy Pelican, Rocket Rod, Dick Digit, and we were supposed to get Harry Happy but they ended the panel early to start the next one. We bought a seven disc set from Jerry of ALL the WCE shows, so now we have the 2 that were were missing.
Rocket Rod I'd heard of--it was Filmation's very first TV effort. But Dick Digit and Harry Happy are enigmas to me.

Last edited by Ccook50; 07-25-2009 at 03:33 AM.
Ccook50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:42 AM   #45
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Hey Cass, you didn't get to see anything about the new Tron sequel, did you?
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:07 AM   #46
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

It's just after 5am, and I'm about to leave for the airport. See you guys in about seven hours.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:29 AM   #47
Natty
Settling In
I like las patatas!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
Which Tom K.? In this case, it doesn't matter, because both Kane and Kenny are here for this year's Comic-Con.
OH sorry! I meanth Tom Kenny :p
Natty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:55 PM   #48
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Yay, I finally have something to add today!

My plane landed about five minutes late, no biggie, got in my very first cab ever and rode to my hotel. Check in was a breeze. So the whole plane/airport/transportation thing went great. The last I had heard was Cass and Howard were suppose to meet me at my hotel and we were suppose to head over to the convention center together, so I waited in the lobby for about 30 minutes, then went back to my room to log on and see if there were any messages for me and wait to see if they'd just call me (I didn't have their numbers, so there was little more I could do). So I was totally confused and wasn't sure what to do. Turns out they went to the airport hoping to surprise me by picking me up there. And we totally missed eachother since I wasn't expecting to see them there. Howard finally called me (so he was the first to hear my voice! ^_^), and it turned out easier if I just headed over to the convention center myself. So I did. I hopped the trolley that said "To Convention Center", and ended up riding it WAAAYYYY past where I should have gotten off because apparently there's a transfer station. So I finally realized this, got off and hopped the other one coming in the opposite direction. That time I made it to the CC. Picked up my badge, which wasn't near as big a pain as I thought it might be giving there was virtually no line at all. And wandered through the exhibit hall aimlessly for an hour or so. Took a few pictures, but not much, as I was much too tired and dehydrated to concentrate much on that. I stopped by Lauren's booth (neither her nor Craig were there at the moment), and the guy behind it complimented me on my t-shirt because I was wearing my Venus shirt today. I did however pass by Craig as I was wandering through the crowd. Didn't say anything to him as he has no idea who I am, but I was stoked to see him. Anyway, I got tired of being lost, so I texted Ord, and finally found him, GM and Iceberg having pictures taken with the Bloo costume outside the exhibit hall (Ord was the first person to see me! ^_^). I got to see the costume in person, yay! From there we went to Ord's hotel where we met Sparky to drop the costume off and then headed out to meet Cass and Howard to eat. We were getting confused as to how to get to the restaurant; weren't sure which trolley to take, or if we should try walking. Sparky talked a bike taxi driver to drive us. That would be GM, Sparky, Ord, Iceberg and I, all piled into the back of one bicycle taxi. Iceberg didn't want to cause anyone discomfort, so he walked, but that taxi driver was awesome and in great shape, because he pulled the other four of us all those blocks (how many were there? I didn't count) to the restaurant. That was an experience I won't forget. We finally met up with Cass and Howard, who had been holding us a table for some time. Iceberg arrived not long after. We had a great meal, I had a chicken dish with green olives and a red wine sauce, it was delicious! Then we headed over to Ghiradelli's for ice cream. MAN, what a packed place that was! I had a waffle cone with a single scoop of chocolate ice cream. It was heavenly. Then Sparky, GM, Ord, Howard and Iceberg headed off to retrieve the Bloo costume and get back to their hotels because they needed to leave, and I hung out with Cass for the remainder of the evening. We went to his hotel, where he gave me a pic of Mac he had requested Craig draw for me since I missed the sketches and signings today (Thank you Cass!!), and we talked and laughed and giggled much like we do on the boards here. Howard came by briefly to pick something up he had left in Cass' hotel earlier in the day, and he kindly drove me back to my hotel, since he had his own vehicle and knows his way around SD pretty well. I'm very thankful to him for that since I was already so tired, and getting lost at 11 at night in a large city would be a nightmare.

Now I'm in my pjs and comfy and exhausted and still slightly dehydrated I think, but it was all worth it! I can't say how cool it is meeting everyone in person!

Last edited by Lynnie; 07-26-2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: remembered some more!
Old 07-26-2009, 12:31 AM   #49
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Sounds like you're having a proper blast, Lynnie. I really wish I could be there with you. Enjoy it for the both of us, won'tcha?

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:39 AM   #50
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Will do, JJ. I'll certainly try anyway.

I'm debating whether to wear my contacts tomorrow or my glasses. My eyes are so tired now from wearing my contacts all day. Eh, I guess I'll see how they are in the morning.