Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:07 PM   #51
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
That's why I love Foster's as well. Family Guy has random cutaway gags that the basis of the humor is entirely based upon; Foster's has everything. (Note to animators: if you're going to use the stupid-but-lovable-dad/sexy wife/smart kid/dumb kid/smart baby thing, simply adding a talking dog isn't really enough.)
I agree with this, not just about Family Guy, but "adult" animation in general. Adult cartoons pride themselves as being edgy and unique--but it seems like that they've become so blatant in their pop culture references and lowbrow humor that all creativity is lost. I'm sure that kind of stuff was groundbreaking back when South Park was starting up, but now that nearly adult cartoon these days just has to have lots of "shock" humor at the expense of genuinely interesting characters and stories, it's simply become tired to me.

Every single time I tune in to Adult Swim's comedy block, I end up laughing more at the bumpers than much of the actual programming itself. EVERY SINGLE FREAKING TIME. I think that's because the bumpers are subtle and clever in their humor, in a way that I fail to see in many adult cartoons of today.

And I, for one, hope that Futurama WON'T be "upgraded" to TV-14 or TV-MA for it's return in 2008. Even from the very beginning, I appreciated that show because it didn't completely sacrifice the heart of it's characters for it's ability to do edgy humor, and was even capable of stories that were genuinely touching(like the episode with Fry's dog). If it comes back as just another clone of the typical "SHOCK" adult cartoon we see a lot these days, I'll be very sad.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:32 PM   #52
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Speaking of adult rated cartoons like Family Guy, Squidbillies, and South Park and what not.

You guys like/watch "Drawn Together"?

Because I think that show is the FUNNIEST and DIRTIEST show I have ever seen.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:38 PM   #53
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I love that show. Many times I've been watching it, my eyes popping out of my head, saying "I don't believe they did that!" It's one of the few shows on these days that I'll rearrange my schedule for.

Oh, and my favorite character is the pig, Spanky Ham.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 01-12-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:56 PM   #54
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Mine's Captain Hero, he's the only character that actually lowers his standards more and more every time I see him. Especially after this week's episode, I can't believe who his child's mother actually is.

They go so nuts on the show, it's hysterical, every time their on I don't think they can push the content any further down into the gutter but they somehow do. I loved the episode where Foxxy was being prosecured by the Board of Education from School House rock.

The constant use of the Rancor from Star Wars, and his "secret weapon" with the pencils. It's a shame half the stuff they say can't even be repeated in most public areas .
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:59 PM   #55
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

More...
Billy & Mandy (YES!)
Garfield & friends
Disney Shorts
Looney Tunes
Squirel Boy (Sometimes)
Xiaolan Showdown (SP?)
Jimmy nuetron
Drawn Together
Star Wars: Clone Wars

Last edited by Invader Bloo; 10-26-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:40 PM   #56
Voxxyn
Banned

I actually think Drawn Together is pretty good, at least from what little I've seen. I might catch more of it soon.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:31 PM   #57
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

I really didn't want to bump the thread up from a three-year hibernation, but thanks to babysitting, my current favorite show is PBS' WordGirl. It's about a ten-and-a-half-year old super hero who used volcabulary skills instead of super strength to beat her rivals. And if you listen closely, a couple of our old friends from Foster's are doing character voices.

Grey DeLisle (Frankie) plays Lady Redundant Woman, a thesarus-speaking cross between a female villain and a copy machine, and Tom Kenny (Eduardo) voices Dr. Two Brains who became evil when an albino mouse accidentally fused his brain with Dr. Boxleitner after the rodent hit the "HOLY COW! DON'T HIT THIS BUTTON!!!"

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #58
HerrimanWasHere
At Home

*Non Omnis Moria* "I dislike you with great intensity."  

Send a message via MSN to HerrimanWasHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloonuggets View Post
I really didn't want to bump the thread up from a three-year hibernation, but thanks to babysitting, my current favorite show is PBS' WordGirl. It's about a ten-and-a-half-year old super hero who used volcabulary skills instead of super strength to beat her rivals. And if you listen closely, a couple of our old friends from Foster's are doing character voices.

Grey DeLisle (Frankie) plays Lady Redundant Woman, a thesarus-speaking cross between a female villain and a copy machine, and Tom Kenny (Eduardo) voices Dr. Two Brains who became evil when an albino mouse accidentally fused his brain with Dr. Boxleitner after the rodent hit the "HOLY COW! DON'T HIT THIS BUTTON!!!"
Haha! I love WordGirl! I actually forget that it's an educational program when I watch it. And didn't it win an award for its writting?

~"No, sir, I make it a rule of mine: the more it looks like Queer Street, the less I ask." ~
HerrimanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:39 PM   #59
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Here's my two cents worth :

Foster's (obviously)
Avatar: The Last Airbender (kick-ass finale!)
Kim Possible
My Life as a Teenage Robot
Wallace & Gromit
Xiaolin Showdown
Family Guy
Robot Chicken
Histeria!
Ben 10
Danny Phantom
Teen Titans (possibly the only DC show I'll ever watch!)
Ed, Edd n' Eddy
The Powerpuff Girls
Inspector Gadget
Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers
Atomic Betty
Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
Victor & Hugo: Bunglers in Crime
Dave the Barbarian
Pokemon
Steel Angel Kurumi
Burn Up Excess
Cardcaptor Sakura
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

Most recently, Phineas and Ferb has become one of my favourites after seeing the episode Put That Putter Away. I was surprised at how funny it is. I especially loved the music in this show, especially the main song, which was (in this case) The Disco Minature Golfing Queen. I found myself singing along to it. And yes, Dr. Doofenshmirtz was hilarious!
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:27 AM   #60
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrimanWasHere View Post
Haha! I love WordGirl! I actually forget that it's an educational program when I watch it. And didn't it win an award for its writting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloonuggets View Post
I really didn't want to bump the thread up from a three-year hibernation, but thanks to babysitting, my current favorite show is PBS' WordGirl. It's about a ten-and-a-half-year old super hero who used volcabulary skills instead of super strength to beat her rivals.
I'll too admit that Wordgirl is sort of a guilty pleasure of mine, and it's one of the few educational shows that actually presents the subject matter in a fun and creative way. Of course this is from the same studio that brought us such shows as Dr. Katz, Home Movies and Science Court. (So they know something about creativity.)

I'll also admit that if I go totally insane and get a pet monkey I am soooo calling him "Captain Huggy Face."

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote