Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 03-31-2009, 07:49 PM   #1971
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Warning: Another rant about my workplace coming up.

Ugh, some customers. If the front doors are left unlocked for whatever reason before store hours, (there could be many reasons for this, one being an employee stepped outside on a break and the doors only lock from the inside unless you have a key, a customer from the vet clinic, groom salon or boarding kennel let themselves out, and we simply don't have the personel or hours to have someone man the doors at all times until the store is open), some people will barge their way in even though we're not open. Sometimes a whole two hours before we open. Despite all the pallets, boxes, and trash all over the floor, no one in uniform and the stereo system blasting music from one of the employees iPods, they think we should be open, and might even have the nerve to say something like "Your front doors are broken, they won't open", and "You have plenty of people here, I don't see why you can't open an hour (or two) earlier." And even though we're not in the right mindset yet to offer customer service, they insist on us stopping what we're doing and giving them the grand tour of the store and everything we carry. And then, after we open, another customer will stop us from what we're doing so we can help them and might actually say something like "I'd think you'd have all that stuff done before you open so you'll be more availible for us customers". What really ticks me off is when they both happen in the same day.

/rant
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #1972
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

The ever increasing amount of Japan worshippers. Which I suppose is inevitable, due to the shift in cultural climate, but at the same time, the seemingly increasing amount of people (around me, at least) who seem to believe that Japan is superior to every other culture out there. Which is ridiculous.

There is no such thing as a "superior" culture.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #1973
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Here's something gold, is done every year, and is extremely annoying.

You know how it's April Fool's Day?

Well, every year I've been on DA, there's always at least one of the people I watch who, out of the blue, suddenly makes this "I'm leaving" journal. While most who have seen it millions of times don't fall for it, others (possibly new-comers or close friends or just random people) get sad and thus, fall for it.

After all this drama, the very next day, the person who wrote the journal comes back and says APRIL FOOLS.

I know, some people like the sudden drama, some people think it's funny. But there are a lot who would just get annoyed, me included.

Sadly enough, as long as April Fool's is a holiday, it's not gonna stop. So this year, everytime I see a "I'm Leaving" journal, I will just simply delete the message notice...

It's actually all you can really do in a situation like that. Ho hum.

...Last year's Mudkip invasion sucked too. I hate Mudkips, so overrated.

Last edited by antgirl1; 04-01-2009 at 01:17 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #1974
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
...Last year's Mudkip invasion sucked too. I hate Mudkips, so overrated.

Eh, picture speaks for itself.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 04-01-2009 at 01:38 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #1975
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Lickitung >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mudkip.

I barely did anything for April Fools. Had a computer virus to deal with instead. =/

MCAFEE VIRUS SCANNNING SOFTWARE.

Hunk of crap barely does anything, costs a billion dollars ($86) to renew it each month, barely gets it job done, and just is overall slow.

Last edited by fosters home fan; 04-01-2009 at 03:09 PM.
fosters home fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #1976
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
Lickitung >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mudkip.
Bidoof owns all. Except Cubone of course.

Anyhow, what's really ticking me off right now are personal headphones. Or at least, the general unreliability thereof. I haven't had my current pair for more than three weeks and they've already gone in both ears. It's kind of annoying, since they cost a fair bit more than I'm generally used to paying for replacement headphones (owing to the fact that HMV appears to have stopped selling the cheaper phones I used to buy), and I don't feel that I've got my money's worth at all. I just wish that they weren't so expensive as well as unreliable. Ultimately, I'm reluctant to invest a tenner or more in a piece of equipment which could completely malfunction within a matter of weeks.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #1977
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
I barely did anything for April Fools. Had a computer virus to deal with instead. =/

MCAFEE VIRUS SCANNNING SOFTWARE.

Hunk of crap barely does anything, costs a billion dollars ($86) to renew it each month, barely gets it job done, and just is overall slow.
I had McAffe and Norton. Awhile back, I changed to a free, online antivirus software called Avira. I'll be honest, I was hesitant to think it would be all that great at first, but I have to admit: I've been pretty impressed over all by it. I'd genuinely recommend it.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #1978
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
I had McAffe and Norton. Awhile back, I changed to a free, online antivirus software called Avira. I'll be honest, I was hesitant to think it would be all that great at first, but I have to admit: I've been pretty impressed over all by it. I'd genuinely recommend it.
Hmm, I'll try "Avira" sometime. Thanks for suggesting it!
Old 04-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #1979
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Norton? McAffe? Feh! (Spits.) Overpriced and overrated. I use AVG; it works well, and it's free.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #1980
CrazyPhil
Settling In

Ride 'em cowboy.  

I personally use TrendMicro and for the most part it works well. But does AVG provide you with the same kind of tools such as firewall, spam filters and automatic updates that the others do? If so, I might switch over to that.
Eduardo: "I like voting."

HIM-Best.Band.Ever.
CrazyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote