Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #221
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

just about everyone gets a turn as a villain in this show (still waiting on Wilt and Ed, though). It's okay
Old 12-14-2008, 03:53 AM   #222
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
just about everyone gets a turn as a villain in this show (still waiting on Wilt and Ed, though). It's okay
Sorry to go off topic again, but Wilt already did do the villain thing in "Make Believe it or Not."

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #223
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Thanks. And I guess you can count Ed during the flea business.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #224
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Spoiler for the new Bloo Superdude ep that hasn't aired yet:

Spoiler Below
My memory's a little hazy, but I think that Ed appears as a monster in this ep.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:20 AM   #225
Keij
Newly Abandoned

"Kay"  

Send a message via AIM to Keij

Spoiler Below
Everyone appears as a monster in this episode, except Coco, who appears as a cow. I think it's because she's already messed up IRL, so she becomes something normal in Bloo's imagination.

Anyway, back on topic;
I wonder what her major was in college. She's very smart, so maybe she went for Political Science or something.

She might have something to do with Psychology, considering she understands friends on more than just a basic level.
Quote:
"Bloo just needed his ego stroked, and Eduardo just needed some confidence!"
But then again, maybe that's just the natural caretaker in her speaking.
Keij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:29 AM   #226
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keij View Post
I wonder what her major was in college. She's very smart, so maybe she went for Political Science or something.

She might have something to do with Psychology, considering she understands friends on more than just a basic level.

But then again, maybe that's just the natural caretaker in her speaking.
I asked Craig about that at the Con this past July:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
For those interested, one of the things I asked Craig about at the Con this year was the nagging question of what Frankie's college major was. Surprisingly, he told me that they never picked one. So I guess we can keep speculating until doomsday, but none of us will be completely right or wrong. I'm going with social work, for now, anyway; it's a difficult major, as Dylan noted, it's a pretty good fit for her, and several people I know who went into that field have similar personalities. But in truth her major could be something completely unrelated, like mathematics or agriculture. We'll likely never know for sure.

I also learned that Frankie's natural father is in fact Madame Foster's son, as most people have assumed, so ideas about her being an Imaginary Friend herself or adopted or an alien can safely be thrown out.
I found out a few other things as well but that's another story. Psychology's not a bad fit for her personality but again, we'll probably never know for certain.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:50 AM   #227
dieddead46
Newly Abandoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I asked Craig about that at the Con this past July:

I found out a few other things as well but that's another story. Psychology's not a bad fit for her personality but again, we'll probably never know for certain.
I'd say psychology would definitely be the best fit for her, it makes a lot of sense in episodes like Destination Imagination, where she helps out multiple friends by realizing what their needs are.

Is it just me that's noticed this, but Frankie comes across as a bit of a cartoon, sci-fi fan? In "Nightmare on Wilson Way" we see her dressed as Tank Girl (drawn by Jamie Hewlett of Gorillaz fame),

Barbarella in "The Bloo Superdude and The Great Creator of Everything's Awesome Ceremony of Fun That He's Not Invited to", there are probably more references that I haven't picked up on, but those are a few.
dieddead46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #228
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Arrow

This long overdue post is for those of you who haven't been reading the overblown epic I've been writing in the Sims thread.

As I mentioned earlier, while at the 2008 Con I asked Craig a few questions about Frankie. I haven't told y'all everything he told me, however, and I'm sorry about that. I've always had a habit of witholding info, and for personal reasons I wanted to reveal it in the Sims thread. The story there is mine but it's based in part on what Craig told me. But since not all of you follow that thread I'm posting the facts here as well.

I had asked Craig about some things that were little more significant than Frankie's college major; one such thing was the lingering question about why Frankie didn't have an Imaginary Friend of her own. There were a lot of theories about that; mine had always been that her parents, for whatever reason, wouldn't allow her to have one. As it turns out, I was partially right; Frankie did indeed want her own IF but her parents didn't want her to have one. She created one anyway.

Yes, Frankie does have an Imaginary Friend of her own. I'll let you imagine how surprised I was to hear that. As Craig tells it, Frankie's parents were not happy with Madame Foster's work and what she was doing with the House; he left me with the impression that they didn't consider it socially acceptable. Being a child, Frankie didn't care about such things so she created an IF anyway, a very small one ("Not Peas!" Craig added, no doubt seeing an "Oh, no" look forming on my face), which she could hide easily. And sadly, she lost it. Lost IFs go to Foster's, she reasoned, so Frankie started hanging around the House and, eventually, ended up working there. Not as altruistic a reason as doing the job out of the goodness of her heart but it makes sense, and it speaks volumes about her dedication to her Imaginary Friend.

There were some other details too, but that's the real story, from Craig himself. The truth is, Frankie is not at the House because of any of the usual reasons the fans dream up. She has no romantic interests in any of the other characters, nor they in her, she isn't working to pay off college debts, she isn't doing community service, and she isn't an Imaginary Friend herself. Nor is she there because she loves the work, although she does love her job. No, in the end, Frankie is at Foster's because she is hoping that, someday, her little lost Imaginary Friend will find her way home.

Again, sorry I didn't post this back in August of 2008. As I said, I had my reasons.

My thanks to Craig for clearing all that up for me once and for all.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 02-08-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #229
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of fan-fiction writers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

That's an interesting bit of information, I wonder if Frankie's back story will come into play during one of the last couple of episodes or it's just something Craig had come up with to give Frankie's character a little more color but for whatever reason, was never intended be used? (That happens a lot in the creative process.)

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #230
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I asked about that; he told me that the subject of Frankie's Imaginary Friend won't be covered in the remaining episodes. That's why I wrote the current Foster's Valley story; if the show was going to address that subject I wouldn't have touched it, as I'd end up violating canon, which I'd rather avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of fan-fiction writers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
Classic.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 02-05-2009 at 02:04 PM.