Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 12-20-2008, 11:33 PM   #1811
CrazyPhil
Settling In

Ride 'em cowboy.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Morning isn't my favorite time of day, either.

The heat in my apartment has been erratic, at best, since management saw fit to install new thermostats a couple of months ago. It isn't working at all right now; I have it set for 75 degrees, which is as high as it will go (the old thermostats went higher), but the thermometer says the temperature is only 70. It's dropping, too; an hour or so ago it said 71 degrees. Over the past several weeks I've periodically had to heat my apartment with the stove. It's not just me, either; I've heard similar complaints from some of the other residents. I'm calling the Housing Authority about this on Monday, and I'll be calling everybody else I can think of as well. Monday will also mark the 2-week anniversary of when I called management to let them know that the front door is broken again. Nothing has been done about it. The door lock keeps getting broken because stupid people live here; they forget their keys or lose them, and some want to make sure that their nonresident friends can come and go as they please. Turns out that two other entrances have busted locking mechanisms as well. Hey, can't leave the local thugs out in the cold, right? Yeah, not that it's all that warm in here.

Any wonder the rent here is fairly cheap. This used to be a nice place to live but thanks to a lazy, useless maintainance guy and an uncaring management company, not to mention a number of brainless and inconsiderate residents, this building has become a sad joke. I think it's time for me to start hunting for a new place to live. I may not be much but I deserve better than this. Enough is enough.
Wow, that's rough. I hope you can find a better place to live without too much trouble. Oh, and I'm definitely not a morning person either. Until noon I'm usually a zombie and just grunt at people.

As for something else that I really hate...how about HOLIDAY TRAFFIC!

Now I do my best to get into the "Christmas Spirit" this time of year, and fortunately we don't do a whole lot of shopping, since it's just for me, my parents, and a few of my close friends. It's never overly complicated and we always manage to get all or most of it done well in advance.

But even a few weeks before Christmas, the traffic sure as heck still isn't any fun! I try to do as little driving as possible this time of year, but I still made a visit to my friend's house a few days ago to bring him his Christmas present and to take care of a few things at my College. And I almost got hit on the way there!

Now to be fair, it was technically my fault. I had been waiting to make my turn for several minutes and my College was closing soon, and the traffic wasn't letting up, so I blindly made my move and almost ended up regretting it. But we both made it out unharmed and otherwise the trip went pretty well.

But this kind of thing makes me feel really fortunate that I live in a relatively small city (250-300K pop.) and I would hate to see what it was in the bigger places. But I'm pretty much done with shopping and don't really have anymore reason to go anywhere until the holiday rush dies down, which makes me very happy and relieved.
Eduardo: "I like voting."

HIM-Best.Band.Ever.

Last edited by CrazyPhil; 12-23-2008 at 08:58 PM.
CrazyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:01 AM   #1812
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

I really hate to bring this up on the Holidays, but people who are only out for themselves tick me off. Unfortunately this led to a tragedy.

I have a friend who lost his baby girl on Nov 6, when a speeding car hit his wife and daughter (she was in the stroller). The wife suffered a broken leg, but that will never make up the loss of his baby girl. She never suffered (killed instantly). The stink of it is the driver was trying to beat the light.

It is sad to know both parties are going to be living with that loss for the rest of their lives, just because one party did not want to wait at an intersection.

No parent should have to bury their child (no matter what age).
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #1813
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Ugh, that makes me so sick, I'm so sorry to hear that. Send all my sympathies to your friend. It reminds me of a similar incidence that happened here a few weeks ago. A young mother, who was also expecting a baby, was pushing her three year old in a stroller across the street after leaving a bus stop. A truck came rushing around the corner and headed strait toward them. The woman saw the truck coming, and in an act of instinct, she quickly pushed the stroller ahead of her, saving the three year old, but she was plowed down. Last I heard the baby is fine, but she's in a coma, and it's uncertain if she'll ever live a normal life again. This happened before all the ice and snow hit my area, and apparently the truck driver wasn't drunk either, just in a hurry and not paying enough attention.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:24 AM   #1814
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

My dad is being a Scrooge.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #1815
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Youtube

GOD ITS REALLY DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! Those stupid copyright claims are ripping apart my videos that have been up for years including my very FIRST home made video "girls of my dreams". I am so sick of their stupid freaking copy right claims and yanking down all my stuff.

I worked hard on that first video and no matter what crappy "replacement" audio swap music they offer you to its never the same and I just wish they would lay off and let this harmless video web site remain copy right free.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:38 PM   #1816
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Youtube

GOD ITS REALLY DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! Those stupid copyright claims are ripping apart my videos that have been up for years including my very FIRST home made video "girls of my dreams". I am so sick of their stupid freaking copy right claims and yanking down all my stuff.

I worked hard on that first video and no matter what crappy "replacement" audio swap music they offer you to its never the same and I just wish they would lay off and let this harmless video web site remain copy right free.
Stinks don't it? I can understand. The advantage of being a musician, is I can create my own music and film whatever I am filming. I understand not everyone can be a musician, but do you have friends that can help you?
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #1817
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

the repeated failure of just about anything in just about anything. (although this applies mostly to videogames for me.)

It's not really the failure, but the repeated failure that bugs me. Doesnt help that I can get close and just miss out on victory.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #1818
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck2k View Post
Stinks don't it? I can understand. The advantage of being a musician, is I can create my own music and film whatever I am filming. I understand not everyone can be a musician, but do you have friends that can help you?
Well no need to worry about it anymore.....youtube just permanently closed my page down......isn't that great . Thanks a lot youtube....
Old 12-30-2008, 07:14 PM   #1819
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Well no need to worry about it anymore.....youtube just permanently closed my page down......isn't that great . Thanks a lot youtube....
Ugh, that sucks. I just noticed that ten or so of my videos were taken down too. I wouldnt be suprised if I found out that my page was taken down when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Is it normal to hate what I love? because I love youtube, and I also really hate it at times, too.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #1820
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy you dont know View Post
Ugh, that sucks. I just noticed that ten or so of my videos were taken down too. I wouldnt be suprised if I found out that my page was taken down when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Is it normal to hate what I love? because I love youtube, and I also really hate it at times, too.
What sucks is when you have 144 favorites, 174 videos, about 80 subscriptions and 4 to 5 play lists of content you can't get back or even check on to copy onto a new page.

God I am so sick of making new accounts for it.