PDA

View Full Version : Bloo

CG
08-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Preview time!

~*~

A stage. The curtains draw back to reveal the ocean, a ship sails into view then a giant fish rises from the floor.

Then a home made doll being unmade. Buttons for eyes fall away.

Other Frankie's voice: You know I love you...

Bloo walks through the dining room and looks into the kitchen, Frankie's back is to him and appears to be cooking.

An exterior shot of Fosters, the clouds grey and rain drizzling down.

Bloo, holding a mini doll of himself, wipes away at a window to look out at the horrible weather. Sulking, he walks through the house, bored out of his mind. He wanders into the main lounge, then pushes a box away to reveal a small, Bloo sized door covered by the wall paper.

Bloo: Fraaannkiiiiieeee, where's this door go?

The small door opens, revealing to Bloo a long luminous tunnel so inviting and colorful.

He walks outside of the house, it's no longer raining. The dead garden is alive, the house colorful and beautiful.

Bloo: Woah...

Back in the regular house and Frankie, wearing a neck brace, sits at a laptop.

Frankie: Bloo I don't have time for you right now, okay?

Have you ever wished for a different life?

Bloo is once more going down the tunnel, being greeted by the Other Frankie and Other Mac. Both cheerful, welcoming, and odd black buttons for eyes.

Other Frankie: We've been waiting for you, Bloo.

A cake springs up candles and words appear, 'Welcome home!'

His bedroom is colorful, toys are living things, pictures talk, it's all so impressive.

Outside the garden is just as golorious, humming birds bringing life to the flowers that seem to spring to life around him.

Bloo's voice: I knew it was real!

A small mouse, riding a ball, rolls up the Other Coco's leg then vanishes beneath her hat.

The Other Wilt, with two eyes and two arms, swings through the air and is caught by the Other Eduardo; both are swinging on trapezes above rows and rows of Other Imaginary Puppies.

From Bloo's point of view, Other Mac and Other Frankie present him with a gift.

Other Frankie: You do like it here, don't you Bloo?

He stares in horror at the present. A spool of yarn, two buttons, and a long needle.

Other Frankie smiles; this time it's quite unnerving.

Be careful...

Bloo is outside in a storm, backing up.

...what you wish for

Paper dragonflies: What's wrong Bloo, don't you wanna play?

Bloo shines a torch upwards, revealing vampire puppies. A doll, half Frankie, half Mac, burns to ashes in a fireplace.

A horrible needle hand wiggles under the door, leaving claw marks in the wall paper.

Coco seemingly falls apart, black shapes leaping out of her as Bloo continues to back away.

At the mirror in the hallway, Bloo screams in frustration and slams his fists against it. The mirror shatters, and shards of it rain down around him as he covers his head.

From the writer who brought you Return to Oz

A figure stands over Bloo, an ugly face, with rotating eyes.

Bloo is cowering under his blankets, hugging himself.

Bloo: Go to sleep, go to sleep go to sleep...

His voice echoes as images dance past. Three ghosts covering their button eyes with their hands, the room coming apart around Bloo, still he hides under his bed to rid the images of his mind.

Inspired by the book by Neil Gaiman and the movie by Henry Selick

The world is grey. Bloo is running up the steps, the steps themsleves being pulled upwards into the sky just as everything else is. He manages to make it inside the house, slams the door and leans against it panting wildly. The house's wall paper is peeling, everything is fading...

BLOO

Coming Soon

Cassini90125
08-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Engrossing, with a haunted, surreal feeling. :)

I am, however, completely confused. :bloocross:

Well done either way. ;)

antgirl1
08-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Ha ha, I loved the book and movie. I once even made an "Other Wilt" out of boredom. This will surely be a "delightfully creepy" story. The thing I especially liked about the movie Coraline was the soundtrack. I might just be listening to it was I read the full version.

Looking forward for more. :D

Cassini90125
08-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Coraline! Yes, I knew that!

No I didn't. :bloocross:

KazooBloo
12-27-2016, 12:51 PM
Good one.