PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Fosters

CG
08-28-2009, 01:19 AM
Note: Just random short stories dealing with little events in the lives of those in Fosters. I'll write them when inspiration hits, as always! So far I have a few written, but I'll keep at least a day or so between each story post.

Ladies first.

Frankie's Day

"Oh man...!" Frankie stood at the top floor of Fosters and took in the sight of the damage awaiting her. It had been discovered just that morning that Bloo was 'sleep walking' and bumping into things. Frankie highly suspected lies from the short blue troublemaker, but either way it was she who was saddled with the task of picking up the things that had been partially destroyed.

A few vases had been smacked over, luckily not the breakable kind but that didn't stop the water and flowers that were being held within from splashing out over the carpets. There were some pictures from the walls laying face down on the ground as well.

It was all just another day of chores for the redhead. She rolled up her sleeves and got to work. First thing first was to pick up the dead flowers and put them in the bin. She did this quickly enough, sustaining a rose thorn prick to a finger. "Ow!" she sucked on her finger with an angry scowl on her face before picking up the fallen frames and putting them back to where they belong.

One was of herself with Wilt, Eduardo and Coco back when she was ten. All were wearing roller skates, attempting to move. Frankie smirked at Wilt who was fighting gravity with all his might whilst Eduardo was already flat on his stomach. Coco meanwhile was skating past them all, already a natural.

"Man. I've grown up a lot." she mused to herself as she hung the photo back where it belonged. Having cleared the vases and their pedestals away momentarily, Frankie rolled up the carpet and made her way down the many flights of stairs. Once arriving outside she hung the carpet on the washing line, and left it there to dry in the sun. Back upstairs she went, waving to the Imaginaries she came across replacing the wet carpet with a dry one.

She always had back ups in case of such emergencies. Frankie opened up her supply room door and walked in, flicking a light on. There were many rolls of different shaped and styled carpets, spare blankets, pillows, plates, forks, knives, drink glasses, coffee mugs, slippers... any and everything that might get destroyed. Frankie walked into the room and began searching for a carpet that would match the upstairs one, when the door suddenly slammed shut.

Normally this would be no cause for alarm. But this wasn't one of those normal moments. No, the door locked automatically and could only be opened from outside. So young Frankie Foster was pretty much locked in the room.

She responded like any levelheaded woman would. Frankie screamed in both fear and annoyance at being locked on the top floor of Fosters, yelled for help despite the knowledge that nobody lived upstairs and rarely came up here, and growled at her own stupidity for not having put something in the doorway to stop it from closing.

"Oh jeeze what am I gonna do?" she asked herself, "I can't get out of here and it'll be hours before that stupid rabbit notices I'm gone! I'm stuck in here!" Frankie ranted aloud, before slowly realizing just what had happened.

She was locked in a room. With mattresses. Pillows. Dressing gowns. Socks. Slippers. And a small TV resting in the corner, an old black and white model but a TV none the less.

Frankie searched in her pocket first, and pulled out her cell phone. She realized, very easily, she could call Herriman's office to tell him of her problem. He would come and let her out right away. But then again... she flicked the phone off, placed it back in her pocket, and set about her business.

It wasn't ten minutes later that Frankie was spread out on a soft mattress, an incredibly big fluffy pillow that could very well BE a mattress supporting her back and neck. A nice woolly dressing gown covered her, nice slippers covered her feet, and she was watching the TV.

"Life gives you lemons," she said randomly as she watched the midday movie begin, "make lemonade."

She knew she would catch slack from the rabbit for this later. But at this moment Frankie just didn't care. This was a mini holiday so she was going to make the most of what she had, while she had it.

Chores can always wait.

END

Cassini90125
08-28-2009, 01:46 AM
I can see this happening, and I can imagine the lecture about slacking yet to come from the old rabbit. Nice one! :frankiesmile:

CG
08-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Coco's Day

The people on the train had never seen such a peculiar sight. A bird... shaped... creature was sitting on one of the seats, eyes all but peeled to the window watching the scenery whiz past. She had green palm leaves for hair, her face was a palm tree bark and her beak was wobbly and red like an inflatable safety raft you find on airplantes. Speaking of airplanes that's what her body was like, yet her legs were an orange color with humanesque feet.

Coco had been on the train many times since arriving at Fosters, and she enjoyed it when she went alone. She could take in the sights of the city, a place she had once knew next to nothing about. It had been almost fifteen years since she had been brought to Fosters now, such a long time! That was five thousand, four hundred and seventy five days! She dare not try to think how many hours made that.

So instead she laid an egg, pulled out a calculator and did the maths. The number made her dizzy, so she left the calculator showing the nine didgit number besides her.

She watched families come and go from the train, in particular when a curly haired little brunette was brought onto the train by who what looked like her mother and father. Coco watched with great interest as they sat, and the little girl began talking excitedly about their destination. She was so happy, Coco could see it, and it made her feel happy too.

Her parents began talking amongst themselves as the little girl finally spotted Coco, and laughed at her odd design. Coco grinned at her.

"Did you bring the sunscreen lotion?" asked her father.

The mother paused, then looked in her bags. She shook her head, "I must have forgotten it." she mumbled quietly.

"Oh man, and they charge so much down by the--" the man stopped, because the strange Imaginary had suddenly walked over to them. "...can I help you?" he asked cautiously.

"Coco!" Coco declared, and laid an egg which cracked open to reveal 40+ Sun Screen Lotion. The exact kind that they had forgotten at home.

"Oh wow!" the little girl said in awe and grabbed the lotion. "Thank you!"

"Uh, yes! Thank you." her father said, surprised by how helpful the creature was.

Coco simply smiled, before realizing it was her stop. Giving a wave with a wing she hurried off the train once it stopped. She moved with the crowd, all of them eagre to get to their destination. Whilst some veered off to the stores, others went up along the jetty, but Coco had her destination in mind.

She sighed as her feet met warm sand, and stopped and let her eyes stop for just a moment to enjoy the moment. Coco loved the beach so much. But she had a mission today.

After her short pause she hurried along the stretch of sand, kicking up sand as she went, reaching the far end of it before it broke off into rocks. It was a pretty spot, with small pools of water where crabs and other sea life had taken up home. Coco even spotted a star fish resting in the water.

She turned around in her spot three times before sitting, then laid her egg. "Coco!" she lept up onto her feet as the white colored egg cracked open. Inside it was a photoframe. She bent over, picked up the photoframe and set it on the sand, before moving and sitting in front of the frame.

The photo was of a little girl. Skin tanned almost black, with matching brown eyes. Her hair was fair, clashing horribly yet at the same time she was fairly pretty. She was smiling widely, eyes full of happiness. And familiar, in their inability to stare at the same spot as each other.

Coco looked at the picture, her creator, before turning so she was sat besides the frame as if it were her creator. If she shut her eyes, and felt the wind on her face and in her leaves, the feel of the sand inbetween her toes and the smell itself of the ocean... Coco would swear she was back on the island where she was created.

Fifteen times Coco had been to the beach by herself. Each time taking a day to remember the little girl who brought her life.

And Coco would never forget.

END

antgirl1
08-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Wonderful, simply wonderful. I'm loving these stories to bits. Will there be one for everyone? (Er, the main cast, at least? I donno) ;)

CG
08-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Wonderful, simply wonderful. I'm loving these stories to bits. Will there be one for everyone? (Er, the main cast, at least? I donno) ;)

Yup, the main cast will all get a small story. :)

Cassini90125
08-30-2009, 07:17 PM
That was beautiful. :frankiesmile: ;)

KazooBloo
12-27-2016, 12:50 PM
Yes!