PDA

View Full Version : Question About a Sequel...

WiltsAKGirl17
10-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Hello, all! I have a question about a fanfic I'm writing, and I hope you guys, being fellow Foster's fans (I'd assume!), can help me out.

I'm on fanfiction.net, username supergeek17, and I'm working on a piece called "Where to Save a Life" I know that Vampyre and Antgirl1 have reviewed it (thanks!), but I need the help of my fellow Foster's fans.

I'm considering writing a sequel, most likely titled "What Really Happened." (I'm hesitant to use that title, mostly because it sounds like a Lifetime movie waiting to happen.) It's supposed to cover Wilt's life after the events outlined in "Where to Save a Life," especially his mental state. (I won't write him going truly, hard core insane, promise.)

Now I get around to the actual question: I was wondering how you guys, if you read the story and based on what I've got so far (it's nearly done), would feel about a sequel. I think (and hope) that a sequel will be relatively well-received, but I still have this slight paranoia that people will groan, "Oh God, not a sequel..." whent they see it.

Just a quick recap: What I'm asking is:

How would you guys feel about a sequel, based on what you've read (if any of it)?
Is there anything in particular you think would work well in said sequel? (And play nice here-- I don't want to spark a riot and get yelled at!)
Any ideas for an alternate title?

Thanks, and I'd greatly appreciate any help you guys can give me!

EDIT: OK, in case you looked at this recently and went, "Hey, it looks different..." there's a reason. As you all know, I upped the rating on "Where..." to M (that was just this morning). I just received a personal message saying that links to story rated above PG weren't allowed and to please edit the link out. Feeling more than a little sheepish, I listened. The story's still up and officially done on fanfiction.net, but the link is no longer here. Sorry about the mix up.

Vampyre
10-26-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm totally up for a sequel! You have a great story going here, and it would be a shame to just end it like when it's done. Sequels are good, I think. They can join loose ends, explain things that weren't explained in the original story. But they also just add more of a story, and your story's already brilliant, so adding more would be even more brilliant.

antgirl1
10-28-2007, 02:59 PM
I'd like a sequel, too, I just hope that things don't go TOO far, or TOO detailed, (You'd have to rate it M if you use Chapter 5, which I'm also happy that you avoided too much detail of it in the first place).

But either way, if I don't like it, then I won't flame, or bash. I'll just leave it be. :D

WiltsAKGirl17
10-29-2007, 11:32 AM
OK, everyone I'm back! (Antgirl1, I did change the rating to M-- some one else suggested I up it because of Chapter 5, so I thought about it and did.)

I just finished "Where to Save a Life" this morning. (YAY! *victory dances all the way to fourth period*) I decided I am gonna write a sequel. I'm not sure how long it'll be, but I'll let you guys know when it's up.

Thanks a million!

antgirl1
10-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! :D

WiltsAKGirl17
02-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Please forgive the topic ressurection, but here's the final say.

I finally have the start of the sequel up over on fanfiction.net, entitled "Shoe Laces." A million thanks to Vampyre for the title-- I owe you sooooooooooooo much! I'm not adding a link to the story because I don't know if I'll end up upping the rating again-- I'm starting off with T and hoping I don't inadvertantly write something that garners an M. (If you REALLY want a link, PM me.)

Thank you guys so much for your ideas and opinions! I'll try not to disappoint.

~ supergeek17, aka WiltsAKGirl17

antgirl1
02-27-2008, 04:02 PM
I kinda have an idea, here. XD

Maybe, during the story, is if the Davis twins make a comback, one of them at least, would start to realize what they've been doing was wrong.

WiltsAKGirl17
03-18-2008, 03:56 PM
I kinda have an idea, here. XD

Maybe, during the story, is if the Davis twins make a comback, one of them at least, would start to realize what they've been doing was wrong.

Ahh... hmm... uh... Um, I wasn't really planning to bring the Davis girls back into the plotline for "Shoe Laces"-- I really want my focus here to be Wilt and his recovery process, with a little bit of other character's angst to round it out. They'll be mentioned, but the little devils won't be making a comeback. Not unless you guys want me to strangle my computer, screaming obscenities at them for what they did in chapter five. ;)

The reason I say that is because I primarily have a semi-firm basis in reality for the recovery process. It's not always that the wrong-doer (why does that sound so lame?) realizes the error of their ways, and I DON'T want this story to be all sunshine, lollipops and roses at the end. The recovery will be there, but it's going to be slow, like in a real-life situation. (I've done some serious research here.)

I'm not bashing your idea in any way, please don't read this like that; I'm just saying that... I really don't want to bring them back. (I've never hated any of my OCs that much before...)

KazooBloo
12-27-2016, 12:59 PM
SEQUEL.