PDA

View Full Version : Story Idea: The Id

RisanF
07-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Everybody in Foster's fandom knows of the classic debate on Bloo's changing character. In Season I he was nice, but now he's pure evil, that's how it goes. But from what Craig McCracken says, Bloo does the things Mac wishes he could do if he wasn't so shy. In short, it's all about the Id and the Super Ego (like many imaginary friend stories are), and I have an idea on how to take it one step further and make it into a full out psychological mindwarper.

The story opens up with Bloo's typical rambunctious behavior, but this time Bloo's behavior borders on criminal. At the same time, Mac is under tremendous pressure from his mother to get good grades, and continues to endure Terrence's bullying. As time goes on, the problem worsens, and the Foster's gang intervenes. Intensive studies are done, and they discover something shocking about Mac and Bloo.

When an Imaginary Friend is created due to a pressing need, they usually become separate from their creator...but Bloo is different. Because of the strong bond Mac and Bloo have, the repressed desires that Mac has are coming out inadvertently in the form of Bloo's poor behavior. Because of Mac's advanced Super Ego and his fear of disappointing his family, his Id is able to express itself through Bloo. In short, Mac and Bloo have both become incomplete, half-people.

A turn of events allows Mac access into the depths of his consciousness, where he is drawn into a confrontation with the true Id. Id fights Mac by transforming into various Craig McCracken characters, and Mac is losing the battle. But eventually, Mac discovers the power of the Ego, the part of the psyche that discerns how to satisfy desires without hurting anyone. The Id, Ego, and Super Ego all come together within Mac.

When Mac wakes up, he finds that the initial helplessness that nessesitated Bloo's creation has been subdued, and he now has some control over his life. In turn, Bloo has also changed, and has become more like the Season I Bloo. Now that Bloo has fulfilled his purpose in illuminating this lesson for Mac, the bond between them shatters, and Mac and Bloo are free to conduct themselves like best friends, instead of being two halves of a whole person. And that's my idea on why Bloo is such a jerk. :)

Lynnie
07-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Very interesting concept, and it does make sense. Are you planning to write a story based on it? I look forward to reading it!

Crash-N-Cortex
07-21-2007, 07:59 PM
The story idea does make sense and tells how Bloo became a selfish jerk, which I don't like about him. I can't wait to read the story.

KazooBloo
12-27-2016, 12:59 PM
I vote yes.