PDA

View Full Version : Three new ideas for fan-fics

Cell_Phone_guy
08-20-2006, 08:13 PM
On the old forum, I contributed two fan-fics: "Edwardo Fitzgerald" where a lake cruise organized by Madame Foster goes wrong thanks to Terrance. The other fan-fic I wrote was "Please Hang up and Try your Call Again" which featured the return of the man in the cell phone suit. I now have three new ideas for fan-fics:

1. "Having a Ball" - Bloo once again "rescues" something and brings it back to Foster's, but like the man in the cell phone suit, it's not an imaginary friend. I have started writing this fic. :macwor:

2. I have yet to decide on a title, but it will feature the man in the cell phone suit. It will take place between the episode "Phone Home" and my fan-fic. It basically shows what happened after the man in the cell phone suit ran out of Foster's (and his encounter with Red). ;D

3. "The Blooseidon Adventure" (or just "Blooseidon") - A parody of the movie "Poseidon" staring various characters. Anyone not familiar with Poseidon, it's about a small group of survivors that struggle to escape from a ship capsized by a rogue wave. Though this fic, like the movie, will have character deaths to warn.

Cassini90125
08-20-2006, 11:53 PM
3. "The Blooseidon Adventure" (or just "Blooseidon") - A parody of the movie "Poseidon" staring various characters. Anyone not familiar with Poseidon, it's about a small group of survivors that struggle to escape from a ship capsized by a rogue wave. Though this fic, like the movie, will have character deaths to warn.

Can't say I care much for the idea of character deaths. In fact, I don't like the idea of character deaths at all. :P

Cell_Phone_guy
08-21-2006, 10:04 AM
So scratch that idea. How about the first two options?

Cassini90125
08-21-2006, 02:08 PM
They have some possibilities, particularly #2. I've always liked Red. ;D

kageri
08-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Although one of my fanfiction pet peeves is reusing plots, they do indeed have potential.

Cell_Phone_guy
08-31-2006, 07:50 AM
Last night, I came up with a fourth fan-fic idea. It's about the origens of Cheese. However, you have to know "The Amanda Show" to understand it.

Mr. Marshmallow
09-14-2006, 08:12 PM
"The Blooseidon Adventure" (or just "Blooseidon") - A parody of the movie "Poseidon" staring various characters. Anyone not familiar with Poseidon, it's about a small group of survivors that struggle to escape from a ship capsized by a rogue wave. Though this fic, like the movie, will have character deaths to warn.

Actually, this idea could have potential if you just tweak a few things and get rid of the character deaths part. I think everyone hates char. deaths even in other TV show or anime fics, it's just not something anyone really wants to see.

But I think you could have alot of fun with this Poseidon thing. You could actually have the Foster's crew on a boat and have'em run wild on there, make it funny and/or more interesting that way.

You could still have the boat capsize but instead of making it serious, make it more like a "how would the Foster's crew approach this" concept. Like we know how they did it in the movie, now how would these guys do it?

The thing that makes film tie-ins with shows is that idea that you are seeing the different responses of the characters once they encounter a situation. You could have alot of fun showing how stupid the Foster's guys could react to such a serious situation.

It's just a matter of creativity and less dramatics. Dramatics are good, but deaths are always a sour note for fans and I think it's particuarly important to keep humor in mind when your using popular iconic characters in a movie's setting.

HappyFoppy
09-16-2006, 10:48 AM
The Poseidon idea kinda sounds good. I thought there was a topic about who the Foster's characters should be if they where placed in any movie. ;)