Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 03:27 PM   #511
Voxxyn
Banned

I know a lot of people hated EKIB, and I'm not going to blame them for it. (I personally believe it's infinitely better than WTAWTAW, which was simply painful)

But I loved Frankie in that episode, and not just because of her love of punk music(Which was hilarious). It really showed her motherly and loving capabilities in full force, with how she acted towards Bendy. Don't get me wrong, I hated that she and Herriman were fooled into punishing the IFs for things they didn't do, and Bendy didn't at all deserve the affection he received. But just seeing that affectionate side of her's in action was something I truly appreciated.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that her loving side is a huge reason why I adore her so much. The mainstream entertainment industry's shift towards the "devil may care" attitude means that it's become increasingly hard to find female characters that have both "heat and warmth"(like Cassini excellently put it), which makes Frankie all the more special.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:31 PM   #512
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

*Stands up and claps* I couldant agree more, Vox!
Old 11-16-2006, 06:19 PM   #513
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

As we all have said before. Mac and Bloo and the Fosters 5 may be the stars of the show, but Frankie is easily the heart of it. Or at least she should be seen that way. I really can't imagine Fosters without her, not just as her "job" position but as a character in general.

She makes adults seem so much more nicer and sweeter, but maybe that's just part of personality. I myself just always get this "friendly" image from her. She does give off this warmth one might say. I'm her same age (22 I think she is) and I feel a stronger connection to her as a character.

Usually adults in toons or care takers of this nature don't really come off with this kind of friendly image. And while she may get like no "thank you"s from everyone, I still think even with the episodes that don't require her, the show would feel kinda empty without her.

It's just hard for me to picture Foster's without her in it at all.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:47 PM   #514
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Definetly. I'm also the same age as her (but not for long, 23 this December.) and feel a stronger conection with her because of it. I just hope that I don't stop careing about her as I get older.
In fact, It was when she said that she was 22 (In Frankie my dear) that got my attention and made me pay more attention to her and the show. It's funny how a simple thing like being the same age as a character can make a fan out of you.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:03 PM   #515
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck2k View Post
That is the one episode I have not seen; I would love to hear Frankie say that.
Click here to hear her say it.

I had the line recorded with the context (the dialogue leading into it) from the episode before my old hard drive died.

If you like hearing it repeated...
Click here...

Frankie's punk rock, no doubt. I, on the other hand, am a complete and total poser. I try really hard to pretend I'm punk rock, but really, I'm just a big dork...
Old 11-17-2006, 01:34 AM   #516
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheskink View Post

I had the line recorded with the context (the dialogue leading into it) from the episode before my old hard drive died.

Click here...

Frankie's punk rock, no doubt. I, on the other hand, am a complete and total poser. I try really hard to pretend I'm punk rock, but really, I'm just a big dork...
Thanks man! That is cute! I luv it!
Old 11-17-2006, 07:59 AM   #517
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheskink View Post

Click here...

Cool! Thanks for posting that.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:32 AM   #518
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I just watched "A Lost Clause" the other day and I loved it! Frankie cracked me up in the first five minuts. I was really laughing when she walked off the screen giving Mac a big smile and thumbs-up. I guess she figured that Mac is such a smart kid that he didan't belive in Santa. And I loved the ending when she started to belive in Santa again.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:42 AM   #519
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I just watched "A Lost Clause" the other day and I loved it! Frankie cracked me up in the first five minuts. I was really laughing when she walked off the screen giving Mac a big smile and thumbs-up. I guess she figured that Mac is such a smart kid that he didan't belive in Santa. And I loved the ending when she started to belive in Santa again.
Definitely concur. I thought it was great. You really see the "big sister" in her in the first five minutes.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #520
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

LOL. I don't remember "Lost Clause", luckily it's on Saturday!
400th post!

Last edited by Invader Bloo; 11-22-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Closed Thread