Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Rules and Announcements

Notices

Rules and Announcements Where the forum rules and important announcements are posted. You MUST keep up-to-date with the posts in here.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:02 PM   #1
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky
Exclamation NEW signature rules!!

Guess what I found...a plug-in that sets the max dimensions of the sig area, regardless of what a user puts in it. I have allotted everyone a sig area of 150x600 pixels (the reason I had images at a max of 100 pixels high before was to allow for some text as well). Now, you may have one image, one image and some text, multiple images, multiple images and some text, etc - because no matter what, anything going beyond your allotted sig area will be cropped off. Your "previewed" sig will still show full-sized, but in the forums, anything beyond 150x600 pixels, images and text included, will get chopped off.

Now here is a RULE that will be enforced: this plug-in works in pixels, so apparently it is possible to thwart this feature by setting the default text size in your browser to something tiny, and creating a long sig here and saving it. Everyone with their text set to a normal size will see a sig larger than 150 high, because it was saved in a browser with a tiny font. Let's put it this way: I have a normal font size on my browser; if your sig is showing up huge to me, I will delete it.

Just thought I'd cover my butt there before someone tries it.

Anyways. If there is any wonkiness with this plug-in I can always disable it, but if it works that's cool. Let me know if there are any problems.