Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:04 AM   #1
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk
Default Jonny Quest

Well, as you may or may not have heard, this awesome series is headed towards the big screens. For those who haven't heard here are the details http://www.mania.com/55653.html.

I'm personally stoked for this. This is one of the few cartoons that would translate perfectly to screen. It's cinematic action, intriguing plots, and top notch animation in all incarnations have made JQ a hallmark series for 3 generations.

Over the decades it's been proven that changes to the show work. And repeats of the original show that even the 60s version holds up admirably with little leaning on camp-based nostalgia. If you happen to have Boomerang and find yourself awake at 2:30 in the morning I would recommend tuning in.

And, I'm just putting this out here, and I know it's been said before, but George Clooney for Race Bannon. If there's ever been a more perfect fit for a character I haven't heard of it yet.

So does anyone here want to share their love for Jonny Quest?
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
floppynoodleson666
Newly Abandoned

I was introduced to Johnny Quest when I was a youngling by my uncle, who used to watch it in its original incarnation. I watched the telefilms from the early 90's. But when i was in middle school I watched the "Real Adventures of Johnny Quest" everyday, I even recorded many episodes (but I lost the tapes since the advent of DVDs).
I'm not a big George Clooney fan, but I'm sure he would be a great Race if he dyed his hair white.
floppynoodleson666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:21 PM   #3
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

"Johnny Quest" was my favorite cartoon when I was a kid! It definately had some interesting and action-packed plots, and it didn't insult the intelligence of viewers by dumbing things down on the assumption that kids couldn't understand it. This is the first time I've heard of it being made into a movie, though. It should fit in well with today's environmental awareness and the popularity of shows like Discovery Channel's "Survivorman". Normally, I can't get into live-action movies based on animated tv series, but this sounds really promising!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:55 PM   #4
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I personally never cared for Quest in the least bit, and this doesn't sound too surprising to me considering the incredible success of Transformers has lead into a new franchise band wagon to jump on: old cartoon shows. I mean Consider what movies are being announced being big screen adaptations of toons:

Voltron
Johnny Quest
Transformers
Speed Racer
Thunder cats
GI Joe

Either way, not really interested in this series sorry to say.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Jonny Quest has been in development hell for well over a decade. Even back when Real Adventures was on there was movie planned. It's just that now with the SatAM mining boom in Hollywood it finally got the greenlight.

Also unlike the other shows mentioned above, this one actually has all the things needed to support a movie without a major overhaul to make it easier to swallow by the general public. A fate that befalls many tv-to-movie adaptations and updates.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:09 PM   #6
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I always enjoyed Jonny Quest quite a lot, so I'm thinking that this movie might be worth a look, though to be honest the possibility of a Thundercats movie intrigues me even more.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #7
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Like Mr.M, I was never really into the Johny Quest series. I watched it, particularly the 90's cartoon, but it never really ended up as more then just filler for me to watch. Don't get me wrong, JQ is great, it's just not my cup of tea.
But the movie holds a lot of promise. I'll definitely be willing to give it (and any sequels if it's good enough ) a chance. It could very well be the next Indiana Jones.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:37 PM   #8
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I always enjoyed Jonny Quest quite a lot, so I'm thinking that this movie might be worth a look, though to be honest the possibility of a Thundercats movie intrigues me even more.
snarf

Old 08-14-2007, 08:48 PM   #9
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

A Johnny Quest movie? That just seems kind of meh to me.

NOW if Warner was doing a Venture Brothers movie, I would so start camping out for tickets the minuet they announce it.

Last edited by taranchula; 08-14-2007 at 08:49 PM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:03 PM   #10
floppynoodleson666
Newly Abandoned

I agree; a Venture Brothers film would be better than Jonny Quest. I feel that it must be animated. I would not want to see them do a live action Venture Brothers.
floppynoodleson666 is offline   Reply With Quote