Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > The Game Room

Notices

The Game Room Topics on official Foster's video games, board games etc that you can purchase belong here.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:22 AM   #11
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Oh yeah, "shut up" is a highly insidious and detrimental phrase, didn't you know? That's why Nickelodeon had to bleep it out of an Angry Beavers episode some time back in the late 90s.

To those Toys R Us reviewers, I guess there's only one thing that can really be said:

"Shut Up, Stupid!"

You'd better V-Chip me.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #12
Mr_Bloo_Veins
At Home

YOU CAN'T TAKE THE MIKE AND IKES FROM OUR VENDING MACHINES  

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Bloo_Veins Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Bloo_Veins

I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only parent that was horrified by what I heard in this game. I sat with my 4.5 year old son for all of about 3 minutes while he played this game, and in that time I heard the words "Shut Up" and "Stupid" more than once, along with some other less than pleasant exchanges (to put it nicely) between the characters. I was really surprised that Leap Frog would release something like this. I was expecting an advanced words/spelling game when I purchased this, not a lesson in rude behavior for my son. Don't waste your money!

I bought this game for my 5 year old daughter because it said K-2nd and had so many great spelling skills that I couldn't find in the other programs such as diphthongs and digraphs. My daughter and I were shocked when the word "stupid" was used over and over again as well as two children arguing "did not, did to". I now see that it says cartoon network on the box so I guess this is why. Shame on leap frog by trying to appeal to children with foul language. This should be taken off the shelves. I am taking mine back and calling Leap Frog with a complaint.

Last edited by Mr_Bloo_Veins; 10-23-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Mr_Bloo_Veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #13
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

LMAO you guys, but try to remember that outside the spam section threads are for discussion, which some of these posts are lacking.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:07 PM   #14
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

I'd get this for a collection, but not use it.