Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > The Game Room

Notices

The Game Room Topics on official Foster's video games, board games etc that you can purchase belong here.

Old 06-17-2007, 06:50 PM   #1
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky
Default Net Jet by Hasbro/Tiger Games

This is the Net Jet

This is the Foster's key for Net Jet

Apparently its a special controller you buy "keys" for, for playing online games. Stumbled across it while doing an online search for more Foster's toys, thought I'd share it with you guys. It doesn't look like something I'll be investing in personally, especially since I don't believe in buying a system just to play one game.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

This was available as a game in the Cartoon Network arcade IIRC for $19.95.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:48 AM   #3
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

Default Foster's Game launches with Tiger Electronics' NetJet system

Buggin' Out gameplay video can be viewed at http://www.hasbro.com/tiger/netjet/d...es&game=BOedit

From Hasbro's site about Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends - Buggin' Out
Quote:
Unlock four exciting games in your own online arcade with this PC online game key! Unlock the Buggin? Out game directly with this key and choose three more games form the online game arcade!

Buggin? Out
Blooregard has upended Mac?s science fair project, and now a bunch of bugs are on the loose! Help the friends at Foster?s collect the swarm of creepy-crawlers, including worms, ladybugs, grasshoppers and more!

Requires the NET JET Instant Online Game Controller (Sold separately).

From Hasbro's site about the NetJet system
Quote:

Unlock your own online arcade with this easy-to-use controller! Plug the NET JET controller into the USB port of your PC (not included). Insert the Demo Key (included) into your controller, and you?ll be connected to all kinds of online games! Unlock limited versions of NET JET games from an online arcade!

No more mouse or keypad clicking. No more endless navigating to find your games. NET JET takes you directly to the games, faster than ever. No ads. No pop-ups. Just tons of games! Collect NET JET game keys (each sold separately) and unlock more games!

Includes game controller with USB connector, demo key and game instructions.

PC system requirements (minimum/recommended):

Operating System - Windows® 2000/Windows® 2000/XP
Processor Speed ? 800 MHz/1GHz
Hard Drive Speed ? 600 MB available/1 GB available
Memory - 128 MB RAM/256 MB RAM
CD-ROM Drive ? 8X/52X
Video ? 3-D accelerated with 32 MB Video RAM/3-D accelerated with 128MB Video RAM
DirectX ? 7/7
Sound ? Sound card/Sound card
USB ? 1.1/1/1
Internet Connection ? 56k BPS Dial-Up/Broadband connection

NET JET is not compatible with Mac OS.
The gamekey itself costs $14.99 on their site, and the controller is $24.99 on their site as well. Personally I can't say if either is any good, or any bad since I don't own this thing yet. I would be glad to give impressions when I buy it. I'm sure in the future, we might see future Foster's titles... IF this thing actually does succeed.
Shelltoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #4
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelltoon View Post
Buggin' Out gameplay video can be viewed at http://www.hasbro.com/tiger/netjet/d...es&game=BOedit
I made a thread about this a while ago ago I'm merging your thread into mine.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:08 PM   #5
Sparky

I saw the system and game at Toys R Us today so I took some pics:

System and game

Back of game package

I would personally only buy this if they come out with more games I'd like. The system is $25 and the game units are $15 apiece. Apparently though, for the $15 you get the game the package specifies, plus you can go online and get 3 others from a list, for a total of 4 games. Those online ones may or may not be any good though...

Last edited by Sparky; 08-21-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #6
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

Personally, I'm a little on the fence about buying this. The last time Tiger released a console, Game.com, it was basically a bomb.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:57 PM   #7
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

Oooh, I saw an advert for this on YTV, not the game itself but the game pad. I thought it looked pretty awesome, cheep online multiplayer gaming. It looks cool, a bit cooler now that I know theres a Fosters game. I'd only buy it if I knew friends were getting one too though.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:35 PM   #8
Sparky

I don't recommend anyone buy this.

I picked up the Foster's key a couple weeks ago when I saw it for only a few dollars. I found a NetJet controller today for $10 and I figured I couldn't beat that so I grabbed it, thinking I could play with it next week while we're in San Diego.

Well, it says in the little manual that Hasbro is "dedicated" to maintaining the NetJet site (necessary to play the games as you pull content from online to use the system) until January of '09 - which isn't very long. But I'm thinking they've pulled it early. I cant get the system to play, I think because there's no content online for the games to work.

I hope the site is just down today, but I suspect it may be down for good - which sucks considering that most places that carry NetJet (especially online) are still selling them for full price.

If anyone reading this has a NetJet, please let me know if yours is working. Thanks.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #9
Sparky

Okay it's working now. I think the site must have been down last night. But having a message other than "Error 426" or whatever it was would be a little more helpful.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #10
Foster's Geek 287
Settling In
Khones Pwns  

Got it today. It's cool, becuase you can unlock other games with it, too. Not a bad deal. I also found a Coco keychain to go with it! Now I've got as much Foster's items as I can!