Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #421
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.G. View Post
Mega Man 2 (Virtual Console Version)

One hit deaths on the Quickman stage?! Seriously?! After that, all the other stages before Dr. Wily weren't as aggravating as Quickman's.

de Blob (Wii)

Just bought the game yesterday, and everything that made it cool when I rented it is still cool today: coloring the landscape to earn a high score, squishing enemies, and listening to the upbeat music that doesn't get old.
Yeah, I hear you. That level was the bane of many children's existence back in the 80's, the only positive thing is that it is one and only time you have to put up with that obstacle in the entire game.

This is probably one of the better original IP's on the Wii. Hopefully with any luck they'll announce a sequel and build upon the great ideas that were laid out in the game.

Last edited by taranchula; 08-09-2009 at 08:21 PM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:22 AM   #422
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

King of Fighters XI

This game is addicting. However, I'm bad at fighting games and my thumb is very sore right now, even though I've barely played it in the last two days.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #423
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

I do not know if card games count on this thread, but here I go. I am a Spade playin' fool. I just love Spades - it is fast paced, and you play partners. If you are familiar with Hearts, you can take to this game quickly (Hearts = don't want to take books. Spades = it is all about taking books). I learned this game in the military. When I got good at it, my partner and I would participate in tournies, or at parties where we would play for a nickel a point (you play to 500 points in Spades). Anyway it is a fun game.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #424
L.G.
Melvineer

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Easily the hardest Zelda game I've ever played and as aggravating as the 2nd quest from Zelda 1 on the NES. I had to ask my friend to get through several parts of the game, particularly the Stone Tower Temple which is the last dungeon before going to the moon to fight the final boss.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #425
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

The Sims 3

I could write a great deal about this game, which I've been playing virtually nonstop for nearly two weeks, and I do intend to write more later, but for now, behold the face of evil:

Andrew Havoc, criminal mastermind, future Emperor of Evil, and... forum troll. Yep, in the Sims 3 game, some Sims can troll on forums, and Andrew is one of them. When the option popped up on his computer, I laughed and said, "I've got to try this!" So I did, three times. Two forums ignored him, much to his disappointment. The third banned him; he got a mood boost from that. Like it's predecessor. the game is weird, but a hell of a lot of fun.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #426
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

NEW Super Mario Bros. - Nintendo DS

I recently got myself a Nintendo DS (since I had MORE than enough money to buy it! ) and it was a Mario edition that came with the game NEW Super Mario Bros. I just pre-ordered Scribblenauts, and I'm hoping to find WarioWare: Touched.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #427
taranchula

Mario Kart Wii

Yes I finally broke down and bought this game a while ago, it was on sale at one of my local stores, now if they would just do the same and lower the price of the DS version then I will be set, sorry I love Nintendo and all but asking $50 for a near four year old game just isn't right.

Anyways onto the game itself, well it's Mario Kart despite some upgrades here and there it still retains the basic fun components that has made the series so good since it's inception on the SNES ages ago.

I've played some online races and it's not as bad as people been making out to be, I must be lucky and got matched up against some non cheating opponents in every race I've been in thus far.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:27 AM   #428
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Unreal Tournament III

In the last few days I've been remembering just how stress-relieving going round a futuristic labyrinth blasting everyone in sight with a Flak Cannon can be.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #429
taranchula

Tatsunko Vs Capcom (Wii)

They said it could never be done, that the licensing issues would make sure that this game would be a Japan exclusive for the end of time.

But they were wrong as the battle between some of the most well known video game characters verses characters from one of Japan's most well known animation studios has finally made it's way to North American shores and I for one couldn't be happier.

Not only is this one of the most well put together fighting games to have ever come out in years, it's also a good way to broaden my anime viewing horizons and track down some of the shows whose characters were featured in this title. (Especially the Tekkaman Series, both Space Knight and Blade.)

Now all Capcom has to do is make a crossover fighting game with the Cartoon Network and that would just about do it for all my crazy video game fantasies in my life time.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:52 AM   #430
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Tatsunko Vs Capcom (Wii)
Nice! I've been waiting for this game for a while now. Never let it be said that Capcom doesn't try.

The last game I played was the demo for Lost Planet 2. After seeing the LP2 video that featured the Gears of War crew I knew it was time to try this series out. I've had an interest in the series for a while now so I'm glad I tried it out.