Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #971
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Flinstones Season Two (I have all of them) on DVD.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #972
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

went on youtube earlier and watched an episode of The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Specifically, "Summer Vacation." Been out of school for about a week, so this seemed pretty fitting.

Have not seen this show in years, and I wish I had. Still, in my opinion, one of my favorite shows. I have to go on eBay later and look for the DVD releases.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:00 PM   #973
Bloo4Ever
Settling In

We Hardly Knew Ye...  

Code Geass: Lelouch of The Rebellion & Code Geass: Lelouch of The Rebellion R2.

I recommend this show to anyone who like super special awesome chocolatey-fudge coated goodness! IT'S AWESOME

Cheese: I have braces.
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.

Imagination Never Dies...But if it did, the date would be May 3, 2009
Bloo4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:27 AM   #974
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Freakazoid!

I recently got around to doing something I've been meaning to do for a heck of a long time - that is, importing in Season 1 of Freakazoid! and a couple of seasons of Animaniacs. Still waiting on the Animaniacs DVDs, but Freakazoid! arrived yesterday (and even better, in spite of being advertised as Region 1, they turned out to be Region 0, meaning I can play them on any DVD player around here, not just the one on my computer). Unlike Animaniacs, which has enjoyed repeats on the Boomerang Channel in recent years, I haven't seen any episodes of Freakazoid! in their entirety since they were first broadcast in the mid-90s - just the odd clip or segment over on Youtube - so it's been really wonderful to be able to catch up with all those childhood memories at long last.

I've always had fond memories of the Lord Bravery segments (he's my favourite character, along with The Lobe, who I think is absolutely adorable), and of course the Hunstman ("Darn the luck, darn!"), though there's also an awful lot of great stuff in there which I seem to have completely forgotten - not least of which is the affectionate Johnny Quest parody, Toby Danger (oh god - that swimming pool joke! ). I really regret that the concept was restricted only to a one-off segment - unlike Gargoyles send-up Lawn Gnomes, which was very much a "punchline"-based story, and probably better suited to a single instalment anyhow. As I recall, in Season 2 they dropped the variety show format altogether, opting instead to focus more extensively upon Freakazoid's adventures - the results of which were still wickedly funny, but I did have to miss a lot of those supporting faces.

In brief, a truly inspired and hilarious show, and yet one with so esoteric a fanbase that for a long time I'd seriously doubted it would ever see the light of day on DVD at all. How wonderful it was to be proven wrong about that...and now, to finally have a copy of my very own.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 06-14-2009 at 03:46 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:11 AM   #975
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Good Game

An Australian weekly gaming show. I watched the latest one for their review on The Sims 3, for which the final ratings were 8/10, and 8.5/10.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:15 AM   #976
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Animaniacs

Huzzah, Season 2 arrived in the mail today! (I've actually ordered Seasons 2 and 3, chiefly because they happened to be the cheapest at the time, although I do plan to get hold of Season 1 - and Season 2 of Freakazoid! - within due course.)

I'm a little reluctant to admit it here, this being a Foster's-centred forum and all, but this may just be my favourite animated programme EVER. No disrespect to Foster's of course, but Animaniacs has a wit, panache, inventiveness, energy and character that's simply unparalleled by anything else that I've seen. It has a sturdy enough fanbase already, so obviously I don't need to sing its praises too much...rather, I just wanted to add my love and admiration to the much-deserved pile.

Season Two - or Volume Two, if you want to be picky, since it is technically part of the first season - contains what could well be my favourite Animaniacs segment (it's in the Top 5, anyway), the unassumingly-titled "Potty Emergency". Six minutes of pure unadulterated rip-roaring hilarity, in which it proved an absolute pleasure to indulge myself again this morning. Wakko's predicament in this segment has actually been the subject of a recurring nightmare of mine, so I find it all too easy to sympathise with him here. Plus, Wakko is so endearing, with that Liverpudlian accent of his.

It's all great, though the Pinky and the Brain segments (and subsquent spin-off) were a particular godsend to me when I was younger, and remain so to this day (though Rita and Runt have since come very close to eclipsing them in personal popularity - nowadays I'd say that they're on an equal tier, for vastly different reasons....and Chicken Boo, he's top-notch too). My weakness for villains and unscrupulous characters goes back a very long way, and as a kid, I always longed to see a show in which the megalomanic figure striving for global domination was actually the main character, and not merely the antagonist. P&tB answered that whim, and did it perfectly. Naturally, making that character the reincarnation of Orson Welles in the form of a laboratory mouse (more or less) was a stroke of genius within itself.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 06-15-2009 at 08:39 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:38 AM   #977
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

The Lakers-Magic game last night. Glad I wasn't in downtown Los Angeles afterwards.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #978
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Burn Notice - recorded on the DVR
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:24 PM   #979
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Mainly nearly ALL of the season 1 episodes. I've only got one disc to go, but so far, it's an ASS-KICKING series. Why didn't I get into this sooner?!?

I've been wanting to see the series since seeing some fanart and clips of the show, and I've FINALLY had the chance to see what it has to offer, and so far, it's really good!!

EDIT - I've now watched ALL of season 1, and it's SO GOOD!! I'm now wanting a release of seasons 2 and 3 NOW!!!!

Last edited by frankie_fan; 06-27-2009 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Watched the entire season 1
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #980
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula
Default In 1973....

A crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team.

Ah The A-Team, one of the greatest examples of 1980's excess in televised form. The show had it all, guns, car chases, explosions and of course more Mr.T then one can shake a stick at.

Which of course make me sad whenever I read about the upcoming movie adaptation being all "serious", I'm sorry but if it's serious then you sure as heck can't call it the A-Team.

Oh well "they" can have their serious film, but I'll stick to my DVD's and watch the series in the way it was meant to be shown, unapologetically cheesy.

Last edited by taranchula; 07-02-2009 at 06:34 PM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote