Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 05-14-2009, 04:53 PM   #2001
Dmitri Karamazov
Newly Abandoned

Call me Mitya.  

Location: Currently Sibera. But soon I shall escape to America.

What ticks me off?

1. When my little brother mocks my video gaming abilities.
2. Writers block
3. Nobody being on Facebook
4. Red Ants
5. When people hang around the kitchen asking to lick the bowl when I'm trying to bake.
6. The Jonas Brother version of "Hello Goodbye"
7. The fact that Dostoeyvsky died before he could write a sequel to The Brothers Karamazov
8. The fact that the Original London Soundtrack of Les Mis is missing so many songs that I'm going to have to buy the Tenth Anniversary soundtrack as well.
9. The word: "Exclaimed"
10. When people try to show me Dilbert comic stips that I don't find funny.

I'm sure at this very minute you're inwardly laughing at me.
Dmitri Karamazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #2002
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

There is one webcomic I read often. The person making it didnt update on thursday, a usual update day. She just said it would be up the next day, and most readers just said the usual "Cant wait." One person, however...

Quote:
Everything are just excuses. Since the last update was last week you should ALREADY have a comic page done. I’m reading a lot of webcomics and only your is almost always belated (other webcomic drawer also have busy life, but they are on time with their strips). You should understand that you are loosing a lot of anonymous readers because of that - I like your comic but I don’t feel that you are treating your readers seriously. I alwas chceck on Monday and Thursday and when I see there’s nothing new I am really sad. All I can see is just another note about family/school/other things - you know, I stopped believing you. If you really care about your readers you will find a time to finish the page. I didn’t mean to harm you with this comment - it’s just that I have enough and I’m always telling people if something is annoying me. Good luck with your comic and with your other projects.

P.S: Sorry for my english, I am not native english speaker
I should note the person making the comic is a senior in college, who's about to graduate, and moving to belgium. Also, her family visited from said far off land, and she actually put off spending time with them occasionally just to work on said comic. So, to sum it up, the person is angry because the author has more important things to do at the moment and cant spend every second working on the comic.

Sorry, people like this just really annoy me. Though it was interesting seeing everyone just go off on this guy.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #2003
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

If I were one her readers I'd go off on him as well. What a jackass.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:38 PM   #2004
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Why can't some people understand the concept of LIFE?
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #2005
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Why can't some people understand the concept of LIFE?
Because unfortunatly, the world is full of stupid people.

The swine flu hype (MKII). Again, barely any new reports on this, and mom is freaking out about it, even though the inital hype died down at least 2 weeks ago (sorry mods, but I really can't explain this any better). She thought I had it JUST because my nose was stuffed up. It was stuffed because I had just sneezed a whoppin 2 seconds earlier. I'd be more worried about the recent school shooting that happened in CA, than I would be about this "flu".

EDIT: The dreaded return of PC-Cillin happens later. I cannot get my dim witted dad to stop putting that crap on my computer. I swear IT'S what caused all of my previous computers to crash all the time.

Last edited by fosters home fan; 05-16-2009 at 09:07 PM.
fosters home fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #2006
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire

My parents don't give a damn about my Sweet 16 party... it's in only two weeks, and nothing is planned... this is really important to me, but they don't seem to care... they'll probably send us out to a movie or something at the last minute... that's hardly special...
Yet, if it were my sister, they'd be planning months in advance...

? Long Live Jeremiah ?
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #2007
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I didn't get a sweet sixteen. I think my parents figured that's only for pretty, popular girls who have a boyfriend or something. *shrug* It was never even brought up.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:27 PM   #2008
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I have to buy new silver ball earrings. I like to keep a pair in my ears most of the time, to keep the holes from closing up. Kiwi's usually pretty good about not trying to chew them when she's on me but the other day she started licking one and I was really busy on the computer so I thought, she can't damage it or anything, those are solid silver balls. So she nibbled on it and licked it and whatever for a while, maybe 10 minutes, before I got tired of it and took them out so she'd quit. I didn't look at them. The next day I remembered them and put them in, again without even looking at them. Last night I went to roll one between my fingers (I do that when I'm bored) and realised it wasn't a ball. I thought maybe there had been another pair of earrings on the table and I was wearing one ball and one...something else. So I went to the bathroom mirror and I couldn't even tell what it was. I took it out and looked at it. It looked like a little wad of silver, shapeless. My first thought was that it was a ball but that it had melted, like I had been standing in the sun with it hotter on one side and one earring had melted? Then I realised that Kiwi had chewed it up, the balls must be hollow.

It looks like a freakin' silver rasin.

Last edited by Sparky; 05-17-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #2009
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

What a silly, naughty bird! Sorry, I'm not laughing at your misfortune, I know how frustrating that is. It's the silliness and impishness of our pets that amuses me.

Joey likes chewing anything that's rubbery or leathery in feel. He chewed through my phone cord once while I was on the phone, and cut me off. He chewed through some strappy dress shoes, which really ticked me off because I loved those shoes! He's chewed through the band of three different watches. And once he chewed through my computer cord. I started hearing a fizzing sound, looked and sparks were flying from a big hole in my computer's power cord. That really ticked me off because he could have burned the house down, killed himself and/or me, and a new cord was expensive. I need to keep any cords or anything else with a rubbery or leathery feel to them under close watch or else he'll destroy something else.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #2010
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Oh man, that reminds me of one time at work when I had one of our cockatoos on my shoulder. She was a nibbler and always went right for any jewelry I was wearing. She ripped one of my earring rights out, totally bent it up. Silly bird.